The Silver Remedy

Approval

“Oh!” My mother cried into my ear as she squeezed me into a hug.

“Mom, I saw you at Christmas.” I mumbled and felt my surroundings all around me, “Where’s Dad?” I was missing a certain smell and weight. I have to admit I missed his pepper and cigarette smell.

“He had to work at the shop. A costumer came in with an old Mustang.” She grabbed my suitcase from beside me with some struggle.

“You mean he wanted to?” I sighed and took it from her with ease.

“Are you feeling well?”

“Yeah, I feel fine.” This time I smiled. You could always tell she was an English teacher.

“This is it!” She exclaimed, “You’ve turned into such a light packer.”

I nodded, “I’ve auh, I’ve got more important things to worry about.”

“I’m glad,” We walked to the airport parking lot, “You didn’t need all of that make-up to begin with. I bet that was the half of it.” My mother fumbled with her purse mumbling to herself.

“There’s a quarter at the bottom of your purse.” I said and shut the trunk, made my way around the car, and waited for her to find it, “You have everything in that thing.”

“It’s part of being a mom. Maybe I should take to packing lighter.”

We chuckled and she finally found it. Once we were all buckled in and had paid the bland lady at the toll booth we started making our way two hours north to good old Beacon. I cracked a window halfway through the ride. I could tell we were getting closer as the smell of pine and sequoia.

“How’s--” I cut myself off causing my mother to glance over at me.

“I’m sorry. What dear?”

“How’s Derek?”

Her face was sour, “I never much liked him. It’s too bad what happened to Laura.”

My fingers clenched and I took a breath. It was going to be ok, “Ma, you’re killing me.”

“I haven’t been keeping up with that boy. Last I checked he was in some trouble.”

“Oh.”

The rest of the car ride was silent. I listened to constant rthyms around me, the tires, the engine, the clicking on the radio, my mothers breathing, and my own heartbeat. I concentrated on that the most. It was the loudest and what I should be listening to anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah. I'm a little rusty on my teen wolf info, correct me if I'm wrong!