remembrance of Ballad

twelve

The morning light shone in my face as I rolled over on my side. Matt was still beside me asleep. Or at least I think he was. I rolled once more onto my back, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I sat up, realizing I was naked. Finding a shirt and my underwear, I walked to the bathroom. I still had a massive headache from last night, and all the actions began to flood my head at once. I brushed my teeth, and washed my face. Walking back into the bedroom I watched Matt sleep.
Could this really be my decision after all? I'm sure this is not a one night stand type of thing. Matt is not the type of person that would do that to me or any girl.

Next all I wanted to do was find Jorel. I threw on some clothes quickly. I didn't bother with any make up nor taking my phone. All I hoped is Matt would still be asleep when I got home.

I drove myself to to George's house, which wasn't far from my apartment. I knocked on the door and waiting for him to answer. I bet he was still asleep. Damn. To my surprise, a half awake George answered the door. "Hey George, do you know where Jorel is" I asked slowly He rubbed his eyes and looked at me "Hey Lisa" Apparently he did not hear my question "Did you see Jorel" I asked again. "uh yea, He left not too long ago I think he stopped at some dunken donuts place" I could tell that George did not know what he was talking about. Or maybe he did. I decided to check it out for myself. I hugged George goodbye and went back to my car. I drove until I found the dunked donuts place not to far from the house. I got out of my car and headed for the place. As I walked up there he was with some girl I had never seen before. I stood there in shock or a minute or so until I decided to get back into my car and go home.

I wondered what made him do it. Maybe that was his girlfriend. Whom I have never seen before. Maybe he told me her name, But I can't remember if he did or not. When I reached the apartment door, I took the keys out of my pocket and walked in the house. I got a smell of pancakes and maple syrup. I never knew Matt cooked until now. But I wasn't sure if I wanted this to be my decision just yet. I had to sort some things out with Jorel first. I would be uneasy if I didn't. He is, after all the one who came looking for me first.

"So no one ever told me you cooked da Kurlzz" I said with a smile. It was quite adorable. Or maybe it was the shirtless man in front of me that was adorable. "You never asked" I walked next to him stealing a pancake. "Yum blueberry" I said with a mouthful, all he could do was laugh at the crumbs hitting the floor. I had to admit, the guy was a pretty damn good breakfast maker. I wounder what else he could do.

When we finished eating out breakfast, Matt left to hang with some of the guys. I haven't told him about Jorel yet and I don't think I am going to. I don't feel it is none of his business. It's a good thing I haven't had sex with Jorel yet, that could have changed things dramatically. But It was awkward when we met again, Like neither one of us knew what to do nor say. I needed a second opinion and since I did not know the guys girlfriends I decided to text veronica the whole thing, leaving out the sex with Matt part.

She only confused me more, I guess Jorel hasn't told anyone about his were abouts. Maybe he really does love his girlfriend. But why then come and find me? I found myself with more questions then answers. Really, only trying to think this whole thing out did not make any sense. And I am not for certain that was his girlfriend.

It then came to me. I must go find spring. She or I said we would call in the morning but I did not have a missed call. I sent her a quick text that I was coming over and headed on my way, Locking the apartment up I headed to my car. Springs house was in orange county, far from los angles but I am the type of person who liked long car rides. Even if I am the one driving.

I knocked on the door and soon spring came to welcome me into the house, first by molly, her one year old chocolate lab. I always had a thing for dogs, but I never got one after mine died when I was 13.

"I'm so glad you came, I been bored to tears all morning" She said with a sigh while falling down on the couch. I took a seat and prepared to explain my problem. "Is something on your mind, you look troubled" Spring could always read my facial expressions easily. Or maybe I was easy to read

"Its your brother, I was wondering what his girlfriend looked like" She gave me a puzzled look before getting up and handing me a picture of her, Jorel and a girl."See her standing next to him, that's Vanessa" She was beautiful, long blond hair, curly at the ends, I wondered if it was natural. big brown eyes, she appeared to be tall. "She's beautiful" Spring nodded "They been going out for a year now, just a few months ago he came to me telling me there where some problems. He then began to ask about you and if I had heard from you since the divorce. I replied no, He asked all the band members and their answers where the same. Until he got to Veronica, who gave him your number. Of course you had no idea about this. " she paused and I took the information in quick "Does he want to be a couple again" I asked. The girl he was with was not Vanessa nor was it Jorel's other sister. I would have walked in and said hello. That woman I had no idea who it was "I don't know, he never said"

I scratched my head. I wasn't as confused but I didn't have this cleared up either. He must have made up with his girlfriend or something because I haven't heard from him since. I hugged spring goodbye a few house later when I left, I drove myself back to my apartment, picking up Chinese food on the way home. It was getting late,

When I reached my apartment I set my food down and laid on the couch. My eyes began to shut as I heard a knock at the door.