Status: active

Confusion

Chapter 3

Zacky

I walked out of the office and saw Lyndsey making her way down the stairs. I smiled at her when she saw me.

“Why am I not surprised?” she asked me, grinning.

“What? I’m a troublemaker,” I said shrugging.

“I’m sure you are,” she said trying to walk around me.

Feeling the need to make life difficult for her, I stepped in front of her, blocking her way.

She hmph-ed and said, “Very funny, Zacky. I’m really amused. Now could you please get out of my way?” she said trying to get around me. I just stepped in her way again.

I could tell that she was starting to get annoyed by the look on her face, which only made this more fun. She tried to trick me by making it look as if she was going one way but really go the other which, I’m sad to say, almost worked. Almost. As she tried running away from me I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to me. She looked up at me with a pissed off expression which made me grin and that seemed to piss her off even more.

“Lemme go, Zacky, or you’re going to regret not doing so,” she sang, warning me.

“Make me,” I whispered in her ear.

Sighing, she stomped on my foot and elbowed me in the stomach. I, of course, let her go but even going through the immense pain that I was in (What? She hit me really hard! It fucking hurt!) I still didn’t regret it.

“Told ya,” she said wiping her hands together as if she was wiping dirt off of them as I doubled over in pain.

“You’re feisty, aren’t you?” I asked her, my voice a little shaky.

“You have no idea. Now, I’m sure that next time you’ll choose to pick on someone else.”

“On the contrary, Ms. Saunders,” I said straightening back up and towering over her, “I rather enjoyed teasing you just now. But I never make the same mistake twice,” I said smirking down at her.

Before she could figure out what I meant by that, I leaned forward and planted a kiss on her surprised lips. Pulling back I said as I walked away, “I’ll take that as an apology for knocking me over today at lunch.”

Once I had walked around the corner and was sure she couldn’t see me, I slumped against the wall and silently laughed to myself. I honestly don’t know why in Hell I did that but she was hilarious when she was pissed off. Not really in a you’re hilarious you’re-funny way but a you’re hilarious in a you’re-seriously-cute-when-you’re-pissed-off-so-I’m-gonna-tease-you-even-more way… If that makes any sense.

And why on earth did I find the fact that she hit me so amusing? Seriously, if it had been anyone else I would have gone apeshit. I quickly realized the answer. It was because she was so adorably innocent. Never had I even thought she would hit me like that, not that she wouldn’t defend herself but I was only teasing her. I thought of how much it had hurt to walk on the foot she had stomped on and had to bite down on my lip to keep from bursting into laughter.

To my right, I heard very light footsteps. I looked to see who it was and saw that it was Lyndsey. She paused when she saw me and I smirked when I saw how wide her eyes were. I winked at her and watched as her eyes somehow got even wider and she ran from me faster than I would have thought possible for her.

I ran my tongue over my lips and remembered the way the kiss had felt. It was… different from kissing all those other girls. Maybe because I was pretty sure that Lyndsey had never been kissed by a guy, but that was beside the point. The point was I had liked it and wanted more. Of course, I was going to get it because no matter what happened or what I had to do to get it, I always got what I wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so i wasnt sure about having a kiss, however brief it might be, in only the third chapter so if you could comment and tell me what you think i will love you forever!! :D