Status: active

Confusion

Chapter 5

Lyndsey

“What on earth are you talking about?” I asked my brother as he drove us home.

“Look, I met some people today and they invited me to hang out with them tonight,” he said, laying his head down on the steering wheel when we stopped at the red light.

“Well, that’s good for you but why are you telling me about it?” I asked him, suspicious. “Go,” I said when the light turned green.

Matt picked his head up off of the wheel and said, “They asked me to bring you too.”

I looked to him with confusion. “What? Why?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Scarlett said she knows you and Brian asked me to bring you. And even if he didn’t I would still ask you to come out with me. You know Stephanie won’t let me out unless you come too,” he said. I noticed his grip tighten as he said our newest mother’s name.

I looked out the window and thought for a moment if it would be a smart idea to go out with a group of people who, nice as they were, seemed like they liked to get into trouble.

“I don’t know, Matt. These guys seem like trouble. Where is it that they want to take us anyway?” I asked still staring out my window.

“I don’t know,” he said shrugging. “Scarlett said to meet them at the Starbucks over by the school and they would take us to wherever it is we’re going.”

That’s encouraging,” I said sarcastically.

“It might be fun! You and I could meet some new people and make some friends so that everything won’t be so shitty anymore. Oh, and you know how you said that you wanted to find someone to help you with your guitar?” Matt asked, glancing in my direction.

I nodded looking over at him.

“Well, you could ask Brian about that! He plays too and Scarlett says he’s really good,” he said trying to convince me. We were almost at home now and he was beginning to get desperate.

I looked at him and saw a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. It was something that I hadn’t seen in quite a while. I knew that dad getting remarried again had been rough on him and he wasn’t as happy as he used to be. This was dad’s third marriage. Mom had left way back but I couldn’t remember much from then aside from all of the yelling. The second was even worse. She was always either drunk and high or high and drunk. I didn’t have any problems with people having a good time but she had had a tendency of being very violent when she was cross-faded and dad was usually gone on business. That meant there had been no one there to stop her from taking her anger out on Matt and me. Stephanie, however, was a nightmare. The second wife was at least kind to us when she bothered to stay sober but if Stephanie ever caught wind of what Matt and I were thinking of doing, we were dead. She liked to boss us around and was the reason we had moved back here to California in the first place. The two of us had always been there for each other, so it hurt me to know that Matt was unhappy. Maybe this outing would cheer him up a bit…

Please Lynds,” he begged me.

Giving in, I sighed in defeat.

“Yes!” he exclaimed, his fist shooting in the air in celebration. “Thanks!”

“No problem,” I answered him.

Zacky

We sat at one of the outside tables of Starbucks waiting for some guy named Matt and his sister who-according to Brian-was incredibly hot. Great. Some wanna be square and his whore of a sister were coming with us tonight. Wonderful.

“How much longer are they going to be?” Jimmy whined for the millionthed time.

“Shut up, Jimbo. They’ll get here when they get here,” Sammy replied playfully slapping the back of Jimmy’s head.

I smiled. It was good to see that Sammy was still trying with Jimmy. I had been afraid that she would give up all together after he rejected her. All of us knew that Jimmy was into her even though Jimmy didn’t want to admit it. If he wasn’t then he wouldn’t have been complaining about how she was avoiding him ALL. FUCKING. DAY.

“Maybe that’s them,” I heard Scarlett say.

I looked up and saw a black Camaro park in front of us. Inside the car, I could see a very nervous looking Lyndsey taking last minute deep breaths before she stepped out of the car. I felt a sinister grin spread across my face. Oh, tonight was going to be fun.

Matt walked over to Brian who introduced him to everyone. Once the intros were over, he walked toward Scar.

“Hey, Scar-” he said, waving to her.

“Yeah, hi Matt,” she said walking right past him to Lyndsey, completely blowing him off.

I bit down on my lip to stop from laughing at the poor son of a bitch.

Placing her hands on her hips, Scarlett asked Lyndsey, “What the fuck are you wearing?”

“Clothes?” Lyndsey asked her, taken by surprise by Scar’s reaction to her.

“Yeah, I know that. But why are you wearing them?” Scar asked.

“Well, you see if I wear these clothes it will protect me from some of the sun’s harmful rays as well as keep certain places I don’t want other people to see hidden,” she explained to her in a voice you would use to talk to a first grader.

“You know what I fucking mean, bitch,” Scarlett said, rolling her eyes.

“Well what’s wrong with what I’m wearing? And don’t call me a bitch, whore!” Lyndsey said sticking her tongue out at Scar.

“Oh, she’s a feisty one! I like that!” Lynn said, skipping to Lyndsey’s side and hugging her. “Scar’s right, though. You can’t go where we’re going looking like that.”

“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” Lyndsey asked again in frustration.

“First of all, that skirt is a jean skirt that goes down to your knees and your belt has an outrageously huge belt buckle on it and what the fuck is with all these ruffles on your shirt?” Lynn said playing with one of the many ruffles. “Also, your makeup is super light. Your going out for the night! You can’t wear daytime makeup!”

“And why the Hell not?” Lyndsey asked.

“Because as soon as you walk in, you’re going to get the shit beat out of you. Now, how about we go over to Korey’s house and find something more appropriate for this evening?” she said, dragging Lyndsey over to Korey’s car.

Jimmy groaned. “Do we have to come too?” Jimmy asked.

“No, you guys go ahead. We’ll catch up in a second. Unless you guys want to give your opinion on the sexy clothes we’re going to force her to try on,” Korey said following Lynn’s and Lyndsey’s retreating figures.

“Nah, we’re good. See you guys there,” I said to her as I got up from my seat and walked to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments equate to love!! :D

im not really sure about Matt or Zacky's P.O.V. so please tell whether or not you like them!!