Status: active

Confusion

Chapter 6

Lyndsey

“This is what you call appropriate?” I asked Lynn incredulously.

“For tonight, it is. God! Don’t take this the wrong way, Lynds, but you look seriously hot,” she told me.

I didn’t even look like myself. Usually, I wore modest clothing that always covered most of my skin with cowboy boots, my hair in a ponytail, and almost no makeup. Now, I was wearing the outfit that Korey and Lynn had picked out for me. I was wearing a black corset dress with pretty purple lace that pushed up my breasts making them look bigger than they actually were. It showed so much cleavage that it made Katy fucking Perry look like a saint and showed way too much thigh for my taste. To top it all off, I was also wearing some big ass black high heels that had decorative bows on them. The jewelry was simple, thank goodness, because there was none except for a bracelet on my wrist. Sammy had somehow worked my impossibly straight hair into messy waves and even added some clips with purple colored hair to my bangs. Scarlet had done my makeup for me. My vision was a little darker from all of the eyeliner that she had given me. I looked in the mirror and noticed that my eyelashes were about ten times longer than normal and I had to remind myself not to lick the dark red lipstick she had applied to my lips.

“What did you all do to me?” I asked them, still staring into the mirror.

“We awakened your inner grunge and you’re so happy about it that you’re going to go around singing show tunes at the top of you lungs. Later, but not now. Now, we need to hurry up and get going before the real show starts,” Lynn said as she checked the time on her phone. “I’ve already got about a million texts from Johnny asking us where we are.”

“Tell him we’re on our way right now. But first! Lynds, on second thought, loose the bracelet. Also, I called your house and said that you’re staying with us here for the night and we’ll drop you off sometime in the afternoon tomorrow,” Korey said to me.

I nodded and quickly took off the gaudy piece of jewelry and tried to concentrate on not killing myself from walking in the shoes Korey had forced upon my innocent feet. What did I ever do to deserve something like this?

Purple Shadows

We arrived at the club called Purple Shadows a little after seven. It didn’t take us long to get in since the five of us just walked right past the long line and strolled right on in like we owned the place. Or at least they did. I probably looked exactly like what I was: a scared little girl wearing too much eyeliner trying to look grown up. Once inside, I felt myself choke on all of the smoke in the room and had to wait for a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the sinister darkness of the place. My momentary pause, however, caused me to loose track of the girls. I looked around frantically for some small sign of anyone I knew but see any of them through the thick throng of people. The loud music drowned out all of my calls for my so-called friends who had just left me in the middle of this shady club to fend for myself. If I got out of this without being ass raped, I was going to kill them.

I felt the bass pulse through me and heard the angry screaming of the band on stage.

“I wanna see a fucking mosh pit!” he yelled into the microphone and the people obeyed.

In front of me, I saw what looked like a fight, yet everyone in the raging circle had huge shit eating grins plastered on their faces. As I attempted to back away from the group, I accidentally stepped on some girls foot with my deadly stripper heels.

“Ouch! What the fuck, bitch?” she yelled in my face as her friend pushed me away and into the mosh pit.

Oh, shit! This was the exact place that I wanted to stay away from! Just outside of the raging pit of terror, I saw the two girls from before laughing their asses off. People were pushing and punching each other and knocking into me almost knocking me down. I guessed that if you were knocked down that you were most likely to be trampled. Not wanting to die in this way, I kept my arms securely in front of my face and tried to make my way out of the mosh pit. Every time that I got close to escaping, I was sucked right back into the middle of everything all over again. Making a quick decision, I tried to run at someone who was close to the edge in hope that I would be able to break out. This plan was either going to work or completely backfire and get me punched in the face.

Before I was able to put my plan to the test, I felt two strong arms wrap around me, dragging me backwards. Oh, God! I’m being molested! In a mosh pit! Dammit, Matt!

I kicked and screamed and attempted to punch whoever it was that was not successful at getting away from him.

“Would you calm the fuck down?” the man asked, frustrated. The voice sounded familiar but I wasn’t sure whom it belonged to. “I’m trying to help you!”

By this time, he had finally freed me from the mosh pit and, once at a safe distance from it, let me go.

“What the Hell were you doing in there?” he asked me.

I turned around and saw Jimmy standing there with his arms crossed.

“Well, I lost sight of the girls and when I tried to look for them I accidentally stepped on some girls foot and her bitch of a friend fucking pushed me into the mosh pit. Jesus Christ, how do people actually think that’s fun?” I asked him.

Jimmy smirked. “It is fun. But only if you know how to handle it.”

“Whatever,” I said shaking my head at him. “Thank you, by the way. You kinda just saved my life back there.”

“No problem,” he said, smiling. Wow. He had a really nice smile.

“You should smile more. You have a really great smile,” I said before I could stop myself.

His smile wavered. “Umm… thanks,” he said awkwardly. “I, umm… I l- I like your dress, by the way. It looks really good on you.”

It was my turn to feel awkward. “Oh, thanks.”

“Lynn and Sammy and them always look really hot when we come here to hang out but they usually look like whores, but I guess that’s why I think they look so hot,” Jimmy said. His eyes widened when he realized what he had said. “I don’t mean that you or any of them are whores! Cause you know, I don’t even know you, really, but you don’t seem like the type of girl who just sleeps around or anything. Not to say that I have a problem with those kinds of girls!”

“Jimmy! Jimmy! JIMMY!” I said grabbing hold of his arms and shaking him until he shut up. “It’s okay! I get it,” I told him.

“Sorry,” he said running his hand through his hair. “I ramble when I get nervous.”

How cute. “How cute,” I said, saying exactly what I was thinking without thinking about it again.

The two of us stood there awkwardly until Sammy came running up to us.

“Oh, my God! There you are!” she exclaimed, hugging me in relief. “Are you okay? Did anything happen to you? We’ve been looking all over for you!” she said holding me at arms length.

“I’m okay, I’m okay,” I said waving her off. “Everything’s perfectly fine.”

“Oh, there you are,” Matt said, walking up to us. “Where the Hell have you been?” he asked me looking incredibly pissed off.

“In the mosh pit, apparently,” Jimmy answered him.

“What?!” Matt and Sammy said at the same time.

With a light slap to my cheek, Sammy said, “Bad girl! You do not go in the mosh pit! Understand?” Sammy ordered.

“Yes,” I said to her, rubbing my cheek. When she slapped me, I knew it wasn’t an actual slap. She had only done that to get my attention when she told me to stay away from it. If I had been angry with them before, I felt it all melt away. After all these years of awful marriages and only being able to count on my brother, it felt good to know that I had gained a new friend who actually cared for my well-being.

“It wasn’t that bad. She was totally rocking it,” Jimmy said, laughing. “I only got there in just enough time to stop her from running some poor guy over.”

“Shut up, Jimmy,” all of us said in unison.

“Okay, that’s creepy,” Jimmy said as he backed away from us.

“Hey! You found her! See, Scar, I told she’d be okay,” Korey said. “Now hurry up and get over here so we can watch the show!”

And with that, I ran up the stairs to what would be one of the best nights of my life.