Status: active

Confusion

Chapter 7

Lyndsey

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache and felt my head lying on something that was most definitely not my pillow. I sat up and discovered that I had just been resting on Zacky’s chest. His bare chest.

??

I looked down at myself and saw that I was only in my bra and panties. I had a really bad feeling about this.

‘Umm… Zacky?” I called, shaking him to wake him up.

He groaned in protest but finally woke up. “What’s wrong, Lynds?” he asked still half asleep.

“Two questions. Where are we and why are we both half naked?” I asked while trying to control my voice.

He looked at me in confusion. “My place. We came back here last night instead of going back to Scar’s,” he told me. “As for our nakedness, I’m gonna let you figure that out,” he said, giving me his signature smirk.

“Zacky, this isn’t funny! What happened?” I asked frantically as I tried to hide my body from his view.

“C’mon, after everything that happened last night and you’re still going to hide from me?” he said trying to loosen my arms from around my chest.

“Zacky!” I yelled, falling off of the bed as I tried to get away from him. “What happened?”

“Nothing happened!” he exclaimed collapsing on the bed in frustration.

“You expect me to believe that a womanizer like you brought me back to your place last night and nothing happened?” I yelled at him.

“Look, did I bring you back here last night in hopes that we would have sex? Yes. Did we? No. Why? Because you passed out before we could,” he said narrowing his eyes at me. “And since when am I a womanizer?” he asked with venom in his voice.

“Lynn, Sammy, Korey, and Scar all told me about you. Being with so many different girls and how I need to watch out for the day that you would come after me,” I growled at him.

“Well damn,” he said looking up at the ceiling. “They already ruined your image of me in just one day.” He looked back down at me and smiled. “That has to be some sort of record. Oh, well. I’ll just have to convince you some other way.”

“Oh no. Oh no no no no no,” I said shaking my head. “There is no way that I will ever sleep with you as long as I have something to say about it!”

“You seemed more than willing last night,” he said laughing.

“Yeah! And you were obviously so boring that it put me to sleep! Now, why would I ever want to make the mistake of going home with someone who can’t deliver? So lemme tell you something, Zacky: I never make the same mistake twice,” I said, throwing his words right back in his face.

He just laughed even harder.

“Yes! I accept this challenge. Try to make it interesting for me, okay?” Zacky said getting up from the bed. “I’m gonna go make some breakfast then I’ll take you to Scarlett’s house,” he said smirking at me.

“Fine,” I snapped at him. I could hear the asshole laughing all the way down the hall.

I searched the room for my dress and shoes and for any clue that he was lying about last night. If you had asked me what I was looking for I wouldn’t have had any idea. Maybe some cum on the sheets or something like that? When I had tracked down my runaway clothes and was fully dressed, I stepped out of the room and decided that I’d try walking down the hall to find out where the kitchen was. Once I had rounded the corner, I found myself in what I was going to guess was the living room.

Giving up, I called, “Zacky?”

“In here,” he answered.

“Okay, but where is ‘here’?” I asked myself.

I followed his voice through the living room and found what I was looking for. I walked into the kitchen to see him chowing down on cereal.

“I thought you said you were making breakfast,” I said, frowning.

“I did,” he answered not taking his eyes off his cereal. “Hey, could you turn on the radio to 98.4 for me?”

I looked around for the radio he was referring to and did as I was asked. Sighing, I asked where the bowls were and made myself some cereal as well. We sat in silence as we listened to the talk show on the radio.

“-many people who don’t want their children exposed to Grunge culture. Many believe that even listening to the same music or dressing in the same way will cause their children to begin acting out in much the same way as a Grunge,” said a man with a gruff voice.

“And in what way are these people acting out, exactly?” said a woman.

“I’ve been to many of the gatherings that they have been permitted and have sadly seen how these young adults act. Many a night do they go out drinking under age, using vulgar dance moves, and even breaking out into fights. Having children of my own, I must always keep them in mind and I don’t want them around these types of things when they are still so young,” the man said.

“The things that you have just described could happen at a square prom. It has nothing to do with what clothes are worn or what music is played,” the woman argued. “And eventually, Square children will be exposed to Grunge culture. A mixture of Square and Grunge cultures isn’t something to be revolted against but something to be encouraged.”

“It is easy for a Grunge woman, like yourself, to say something like that. I will, however, believe it when Grunge people start acting more civilized,” said the man.

“Ugh. Turn it off,” Zacky growled.

I got up from the table and switched the radio off. “What was all that about?” I asked, sitting back down.

Zacky sighed. “I’m sure that by now you’ve noticed that Grunges aren’t very well liked, right?” he said.

I nodded.

“Well, what you just heard was one of the only people with enough power to actually speak up for all of us. Her name is Daphne Jayda. She talks about how we should have rights just like any other American, which is all well and good but it doesn’t mean much if we can’t get more people to speak out too. Did this kind of thing not happen in South Carolina or something?”

“No, it does. We just don’t call them Grunges,” I told him. From the look on his face, I realized I had made a mistake of saying ‘we’ and ‘them.’

“And what did you call them?” he asked me, his eyes narrowing.

“Umm… have you ever read The Outsiders?” I asked him.

He nodded.

“Well, once we had to read it in school and then people started calling each other socials and greasers. It just kinda stuck, I guess,” I said shrugging.

He hmph-ed.

“You guys seem to have more freedom here, though. Back in Carolina it was illegal for a Grunge band to play in any clubs or really any public place,” I said to him. “It was sad because I had always wanted to go to one but was to afraid of being arrested or something like that.”

Zacky quickly looked away from me. “It’s kind of illegal here too.”

I felt my jaw drop to the floor. What had I gotten myself into? I knew that these guys were trouble from the beginning! Oh my God. My first day here and I could have been arrested. “How the fuck could you all take my brother and I somewhere like that?!” I yelled at him. “We could have been arrested!”

“Yeah, but you weren’t, so just calm down, Lyndsey,” he said throwing his hands up in surrender.

“Calm down? Calm down?” I repeated as my pissed-off-ness level began to rise. “I’m here in this house with a total jackass, I was taken into a club with an illegal Grunge band playing, I might have had sex with said jackass, and I have no i-fucking-dea where the Hell I am and you just expect me to calm down?!” I said, exploding with anger.

“First of all: yeah, I kinda am. Second: We. Didn’t. Have. Sex. I already told you that,” he said slamming his head down on the table.

“And I already told you: I don’t believe you!” I exclaimed, standing up from the table. “Will you please just fucking take me back to Scarlett’s house?” I asked him crossing my arms in front of me.

“Of course, Princess,” Zacky said sarcastically.

“Shut the Hell up, Zacky,” I said walking to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was kinda hard to write. im not really all that sure what im going to do with all this Square and Grunge nonsense. and another thing while im here is that i think that im going to change the title. i was reading this one story about something and the author changed the title and people were getting mad at her on the comments so please dont be angry with me if i do!! Anyhoe, (thank you RayWilliamJohnson :D) thank you for reading!! please comment!! :)
by the way THANK YOU ASHLEY FOR ALWAYS COMMENTING!!