Status: active

Confusion

Chapter 9

Zacky

“I could help remind you of everything that happened last night,” I teased as I wrapped my arms around Lyndsey’s waist and nipped at her ear.

“Zachary Baker, do you want me to hit you again?” she threatened me, twisting out of my arms.

Refusing to let off that easy, I grabbed one of her arms and pulled her back into me. “I like it rough,” I said in a husky voice.

She reached her free hand out-probably to slap me-but before she could do me any damage, I caught her wrist and pulled her arm around my neck and pushed her back until she was trapped between Scarlett’s front screen door and me.

I smirked when I saw her distressed expression.

“Why do you keep teasing me?” she asked, sticking her bottom lip out in an attractive pout.

It took all my willpower not to bend down and snatch her lip between my teeth. I knew that if I did that, it would more than likely cross the wrong line and I didn’t want her to be too pissed off at me.

“Because you make it so much fun,” I told her, leaning in close. I felt her breathing pick up in response. “You’re proving to be a real challenge. I like that about you.”

Lyndsey turned her head to face me. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted me. I was leaning in to kiss her when the front door opened.

“Well,” Lynn chuckled on the other side of the screen door. “Look who we have here, Brian.”

“Oh, no. She was with you last night?” he shook his head with mock disgust. “You lucky bastard.”

“Not as lucky as you might think,” I murmured.

Lyndsey narrowed her eyes and I narrowly avoided being kneed in the groin.

“Should the two of us leave you two kids alone or do you want to come inside?”

“I’ll come inside,” Lyndsey quickly answered. I followed suit.

Behind us, I heard Lynn and Brian snickering. I looked to Lyndsey’s face and couldn’t help but laugh too.

“What the hell is so damn funny?” she demanded, annoyed.

“You should see your face,” I told her.

“Yeah, I’m sure that I would be really amused,” she said, rolling her eyes.

My laughter didn’t subside until the two of us walked into the kitchen.

“There you two are! I was beginning to worry,” Korey said, walking to Lyndsey to hug her.

Korey then began to move Lyndsey’s head in every direction and made her spin.

“Korey, what are you doing?” Matt asked her.

“Just checking to make sure that every hair on her head is where it should be.” She turned to glare at me. “Zacky knows that I will be very displeased if he should hurt her in any way.”

Before I could respond Johnny walked in and asked where Lynn was.

“She and Brian went to get us a good spot on the beach,” Scarlett told him. “Was there something you wanted?”

He grinned. “It’s not something you can help with,” he said walking into the living room.

“Umm… Do you have anything I could change into?” Lyndsey asked Scar.

“Yeah, sure. My room is down the hall; third door on the right.”

I watched Lyndsey walk out of the kitchen and definitely wasn’t disappointed with what I saw.

“Pervert,” Korey mumbled.

“Hey! Where’s Jimmy?” I asked Matt, acting as if I hadn’t heard her.

“Right here,” said Jimmy’s voice.

I turned and quickly noted his lack of emotion.

“When did you get here?” he asked, uncaring.

“A few minutes ago…” I said cautiously.

“Cool,” he said before sulking his way to the living room.

When he was out of hearing range I turned back to the others and murmured, “Awe shit.”