Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter One Hundred Forty One

I growled lowly as I glared at the closed door, blushing badly. I sat back on my pillow and took a deep breath, the blush still spread across my face. My heart for some reason was racing. I stared over at Shizuo, who was sitting in the chair next to my bed. His legs and arms were crossed. Why was I so nervous? It had to be what my friends said, so I shrugged off their words.

"Y...you're not going with them?" I asked him, swallowing my nerves.

"No...." He simply answered me.

"Don't you have work or get tired?"

"No....you're more important." He simply answered me again.

I blushed darker at his words.

"What if the nurses catches you?"

"I told them ahead of time. They know I'm here."

I smiled warmly at him.

"Oh how I love how protective you are of me, Kuma-chan." I told him as I grasp my chest.

He scoffed at my response.

"You should get to sleep." He demanded me.

"After everything that has happened tonight, I don't think I can. I'm actually afraid....."

Shizuo shifted out of his chair and sat on the bed next to me. He hesitated a bit, but he nervously pushed back my hair and grazed my cheek. He rubbed my hair from front to back.

"I'll be here right beside you. Trust me, I won't let anything happen to you....." He whispered to me.

His words soothed me and made me feel safe and secured.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3333333