Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter One Hundred Seventy-Nine

I sat back and relaxed on the pillow, when Yuki and Izaya left, but as soon as they left two new vistors came walking into my room. I stared at the doorway to see Kyou and Taro. Two people Shizuo did not want to see ever. I could tell he was getting angry. I let out a deep sigh and looked away from the door.

"I'm surprised you had enough balls to show your face in front of Shizuo after what you did, Taro."

"Well, I had to come and see how you were doing after finding out you were hospitalized. How are you and the baby?" He asked me.

I stayed silent and stared at Shizuo. I couldnt look him in the eye.

"I'm fine. The doctor said I suffered from a mild heart attack probably caused by anxiety. They're not sure yet, so that's why I'm stuck here, having them run tests on me to know for sure the cause."

"And the baby?" He asked me.

I flinched a bit, biting down on my lip again.

"The baby didn't make it through the heart attack. The doctor said the heart attack blocked all blood and oxygen flow to the baby's head and lungs, so the baby died due to asphyxiation. I'm sorry...."

"What?" Taro asked me, his voice sounding shocked and cracked.

"Ya......" I answered him, making it sound as though I didn't care.

"The doctor's couldn't save him...."

I heard Taro groan and punch the wall next to him.

"DAMNIT! WHY OUR CHILD? WHY COULDN'T HE LIVE?!?!"

I balled my fists, but I hid them in my lap, so Taro couldn't see.

"I guess there's nothing stopping you from moving to Paris now. The only thing that bound us together was the baby that you forced upon me. Now that he's dead, I can't have anything to do with you anymore. Me and Shizuo are getting married and we're gonna start our lives a new. You can do the same in Paris. I'm sorry Taro. We could have stayed friends if things had turned out different, but I guess that can't be helped now."

Taro stayed silent for a while, until he actually spoke out.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. If I didn't my lust for you overpower me, we could've still been friends. I'm sorry Nami. I truly am. But know this, I can never forget you....."

After that, I heard his footsteps walk out. Once I felt like he was far enough, I couldn't hold back anymore. I busted out in tears. I cried into the palms of my hands. I heard Shizuo stand up and embrace my back, trying to comfort me. I ended up crying into his chest.