Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Nineteen

I took in a deep breath before grabbing a soda and downing it in one gulp. Kida tapped my shoulder causing me to glance from behind and glare at him.

"Y-yuki-ch-chan, are you ok-okay?"

"Oh yeah. I'm totally fine with the fact that I see my best friend cheating on her boyfriend in my closet because it was just innocent, friendly flirting but it turned out to be something bigger than that and the fact that they are talking about it when it was too late. I'm totally fine." I spat out sarcastically, facing him and crunching my soda can in my hand. Kida widened his eyes before laughing nervously and rubbing his neck nervously.

"T-thats good to hear..? Ok, I'm going to go now." He scurried away to talk to his friends leaving me glaring at the spot where he once stood. I growled before turning back around to drink another soda. I popped open the can before jugging it down. It ran down my throat, leaving it hoarse.

"Fancy hooker, what's wrong?"

I glanced behind my shoulder to see Ichigo, staring blankly at me. I crunched the can in my hand and tossed it in the trashcan before turning around to face him and leaning on the table with my hands.

"This was the perfect birthday." I said sarcastically. "I mean, there's only a lot more drama shit than usual."

"Well, I'm sure Izaya has birthday sex to make up for it."

I scoffed, flipping my hair to the side. "I don't believe in birthday sex. Besides, Izaya would never do something so consequential."

"Oh? Okay. Fine. You, me, bar."

"What?"

"You. Me. Bar. A.k.a alcohol."

"Ichigo, I'm not going to get drunk. Especially not with you. It's not going to help anything."

"Are you scared I'm going to rape you?"

A light smile graced my lips as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah because you could rape me. Because you have manly parts. Haha, but still no. Besides I have to wait one more year until it's legal, remember?"

He chuckled before smiling with the lollipop stick hanging out of his mouth. "Fine. Then coffee? Its only about 4."

I smiled before nodding my head. "Sure. Why not?"

"Okay but I'm not paying."

"Oh like you have money."

"I know you do from your job."

"At least I have a job. You probably mooch off your mom."

"Hmm. Touche."
♠ ♠ ♠
In Japan, the legal drinking age is at least 20.