Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Twenty-Six

I flipped through the channels as I called Yuki on her new cellphone.

"Yo, it's Nami-chan." I greeted her on the phone.

"I know." she replied back in a bored tone.

I sighed on the phone.

"Shizuo and I patched things up. We're still together."

"That's good. You're lucky. I'm surprised he would take you back after cheating on him."

"Look, I never cheated on him in the first place."

"Then were you two making out in the closet?"

"Woman, you should know me better! I would never cheat on anyone! Stop jumping to conclusions! Especially without hearing out the victim first!"

"Fine, let me hear it."

"He forced a kiss on me, alright? And all the talk about innocent flirting? I wasn't. I know the difference between teasing and flirting and I wasn't doing that. I would never flirt with another guy. You know that. I admit, I took my teasing a little too far, but I wasn't cheating. Me and Jiro sorted things out and we're back to normal. That's all I wanted to say."

"Alright, whatever. I understand."

I hung up my phone and plopped it on the couch.

"Is everything alright with Yuki?" Jiro asked.

"Ya, it's cool. She's not the type of person to get upset over trivial things."

"Ah!"