Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Thirty-Seven

I unzipped my jacket and started fanning myself before zipping it back up and adjusting my goggles and signaling to the man to start again. He nodded before getting in place.

"Oi, Nami. Can I go against Izaya alone? I kinda wanna beat his ass." I asked sheepishly. She laughed before nodding and taking off her jacket to cease the sweating.

"Sure. I kinda wanna watch."

I smiled before charging my gun and getting ready. The man yelled start and the buzzer went off. I ran to a nearby wall and saw the four behind the transparent plastic wall. Nami gave me a thumbs up and I nodded towards her before going up to the top of the wall and shooting at him. He dodged, throwing a knife at me as I jumped to another wall to get closer to him. I deflected it with my gun and watched as it fell on the floor before shooting at him.

"Go Yuki, beat the fuckers ass!" Nami yelled, pounding at the plastic screen. I gritted my teeth as I looked over the edge only to almost be shot again. I cursed under my breath before looking at the knife strayed at a clear field. I aimed my gun carefully at it before shooting it towards another wall. I rolled quickly , grabbing the knife and holding it over the left edge to see where he was. I couldn't see him so I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before hearing the click of the gun behind me. I quickly turned around before he could shoot and threw the name up at him.

It cut a small millimeter of his hair as he moved out of the way in shock. I swiftly got up and ran away, trying not to get shot from him. He tried shooting behind me as I ran. A knife was thrown at my weapon, lodging itself in the middle. I widened my eyes as I tried shooting but it refused to shoot anything.

"Shit.." I mummered as I grabbed my weapon and hid behind a nearby wall.

"That's cheating, Izaya!" Nami yelled. Izaya brushed it off.

I took out the knife and tried shooting but it didn't work so I trief getting the batteries out quickly and succeeded. I threw my weapon at him, he nimbly dodged. I tightened my ponytail as sweat started trailing down my head. I adjusted my goggles before taking in a deep breath of air and exhaling.

"Yuki-chan, I haven't all day you know." Izaya said with a smirk. I sighed before perfecting my plan. I skidded across the floor, throwing one of the batteries at him. He deflected with his gun, smirking.

"It'll take more than that, Yuki-chan."

I took another deep breath throwing the other battery and running closer to him. He hid behind the wall across from where I was. As his head was turned away and shooting, I ran to the wall in front of him and took in a deep breath, holding the knife between my teeth and adjusting my ponytail. I threw the knife at his arm, only cutting him a little but enough for him to drop his weapon in pain as he clutched his arm. I ran towards it and slid, grabbing it and standing upright at his sitting form.

"Was that enough?" I asked with a smirk, pointing the gun at him.

"Whoo, Yuki! Hit him!" Nami exclaimed. I squeezed the trigger before realizing nothing came out. He chuckled as I widened my eyes. He held up the two batteries in vain.

"Oops." He smirked Cheshire like. I growled before lunging for them only for him to jump away. I found one of the batteries I threw in front of the wall and grabbed it before unlodging the knife out of the wall.

All I had to do was look for the other battery.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D