Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Forty-Five

I laughed at her comment.

"Don't over react. He's not gonna kill you. Stop trying NOT to spend time with him."

"Have fun with him for once. He's trying to make your birthday special. That's what a boyfriend supposed to do."

Before she could fight back I interrupted her.

"I gotta go. Jiro is dragging me somewhere. Have fun with him, please? You love him, you admitted to yourself and him. Stop being so stubborn." I demanded her.

"Talk to ya later." with that I hung up the phone before she could say something back.

I stopped and tried to catch my breath as we arrived to where Jiro wanted to take me. He smiled and laughed at me.

"You're so out of shape."

"Shut up! I'm sorry I am tired from running 5 miles nonstop!" I snapped at him.

He scoffed at me and focused his attention to what we came for. I regained my composure and stared in awe ahead of me.

"Jiro, I've never been to one of these before!"

"I know, so I thought it would be a great idea to take you."

"But, I'm not properly dressed." I complained to him.

"I don't even think I own one of those."

He laughed at my statement.

"Neither am I! It doesn't matter. Let's have some fun!"

He grabbed my hand and ran towards it. It was a summer festival.