Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Forty-Seven

"I can't believe I was able to buy all this stuff!" I smiled at Jiro as we continued to walk through the festival.

"I never knew summer festival could be fun! All the games and food were amazing! Thank you for taking me."

"It's not over yet. There is one more thing that ends the festival with a blast!"

I stared at him oddly as he grabbed my hands and led me to a top of a grass hill. He sat me and on the grass and sat down close next to me.

A huge group of couples gathered around us. I blushed as I felt embarrassed about being here with Jiro, instead of Shizu-chan. The sky was dark and clear; no clouds, no stars and no moon.

I jumped up slightly in surprise when I heard a loud bang. I took a glance at the sky to see a sparkle of colors.

"A fireworks display?!"

Jiro nodded.

"Yep! they always do one at the end of these festivals."

I smiled as I leaned back on the grass with my arms embracing the back of my head and my feet plopped on the ground.

"I had so much fun today. Arigatou, Jiro-chan." I thanked him again.

"No problem. I knew you have never been to one, so I thought this would be a great experience for you."

"Always thinking about me, huh?" I asked him.

"What kind of friend would I be if I didn't look out for you?"

"A bad one." I answered him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know I'm seriously late! I was busy and I had writer's block. <____<