Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Sixty Two

I sighed, shoving my hands deep in my pockets. I already decided but still...why was it so hard? Yeah, the obvious choice would be to stay but considering the fact that someone is still there trying to kill me, I'd have to live knowing that I was hiding behind someone. But if I left, then I'd live forever knowing I ran instead of confronting the problem. I groaned, ruffling my hair with my hands and trying to clear my mind.

I bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry. I-" Looking up, I saw it was the bulky figure of Simon. He continued to ask customers if they would like to try out the Russian sushi before looking down at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Hm?" Once he realized that it was me, he grinned. "Yuki! Try Russian sushi? It good!"

"Нет, спасибо, Симона. Не совсем в настроении сейчас.[1]" I mummered back, remembering the little Russian I knew. He peered at me, raising an eyebrow. I looked down at my feet and shifted uncomfortably.

"Почему? Что-нибудь случилось? Вы всегда приходят и едят русскую суши.[2]" he replied back, turning towards me and letting other people escape. I shrugged, looking back in his beady brown eyes.

"Я просто действительно не в настроении сейчас. У меня есть несколько вещей, чтобы думать, но я предполагаю, что я могу просто зайти и получить некоторые вынуть или что-то.[3]" I sighed, tapping a pebble with my foot. He grinned before escorting me inside.

"Ты уверен, что все в порядке? Вы могли есть здесь, скидка![4]" he suggested. I smiled but shook my head, raising a hand to decline the sweet offer.

"Нет, спасибо, Симона. Кроме того, не будет вашего босса убить вас, если вы дали мне скидку? " I joked. He smiled softly before taking my order which was always the same; fatty tuna. I always loved it when I was a child but due to lack of money, we never got it.

Minutes later, he came in with a a box that was wrapped with a red bandana. I smiled before taking it with my hands and paying him. I nodded my thanks before walking out and inhaling the fresh air. Again, I bumped into someone familiar.

Why did I have to be so clumsy?
♠ ♠ ♠
[1]:: "No thanks, Simon. Not really in the mood right now."

[2]:: "Why? Is something wrong? You always come and eat Russian sushi."

[3]:: "I'm just not really in the mood right now. I have some things to think about but I guess I can just stop in and get some take out or something."

[4]:: "Are you sure everything is alright? You could eat here, discount!"

[5]:: "No thanks, Simon. Besides, won't your boss kill you if you gave me a discount?"