Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter Sixty-Seven

I kissed him happily. I was so grateful that Shizuo wanted to settle down with me. I never thought he would ask me something like that. I felt like today was going to be a great day. I know nothing can ruin my mood, not even seeing Izaya. Hearing someone clear their throat made me part from Shizuo's lips. I looked behind him to see, Kida, smirking, Mikado blushing shyly and Yuki eyeing me, with her arms crossed and her body leaning her left leg. I blushed in embarrassment as I stood back on my feet. Shizuo turned around with one arm still snaked around my waist.

"H...hey guys...." I greeted them awkwardly.

"Ah, love is in the air today. Nami and Shizuo have been bit by the love bug. Now they want to show their affection towards one another in public." Kida joked, teasing me in my process.

"Shut up, Masaomi.." I laughed nervously as I punched his shoulder.

He grabbed his arm and held, acting like he was hurt.

"You're such a beautiful woman with the strength that could match any guy. If only you chose me instead of Shizuo."

I laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a flirt."

Kida grabbed his chest tightly, like he was struck by an arrow.

"That word..such harsh words. Me do something as merely flirt? No, the words I speak are of that of my true feelings."

"Hm, true feelings huh? Then one the first guy to love every single beautiful girl in Ikebukuro." I teased him.

Yuki and Mikado joined me in laughing.

"Anyways, Nami, you seem to be glowing with cheerfulness and excitement." Mikado told me.

"Have something to tell us?" Yuki asked me.

I stared up at Shizuo, who nodded at me. I stared back at my friends and smiled.

"Well, ya I do."

"Well, spill it woman!" Yuki demanded me.

"I'm engaged.......and it's to Shizuo...." I confessed happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kida, you big flirt. xDD