Status: Completed

Taming a Beast

15.

The next day, I woke up and immediately began packing for the night. My nerves were rattling in my body, at the thought of Logan and I really being alone for the first time. Rogue had left me a note on my dresser saying that she would watch Scotty and make sure he only called if the mansion was being burned down to the ground and all the mutants were hostage inside. It was nice to not have to worry about responsibilities for once, and to just have a night to forget about being a mutant.

I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast, and found Hank sitting at the counter, drinking his morning coffee and reading the newspaper. Everybody else was outside, attending a mandatory lesson about how to fight. I usually loved attending that skit because I got to see Jean beat up Scotty pretty bad, which was always fun to watch considering he was usually bossing all of us around. But I was too anxious to sit and watch a lesson I had taught to others before.

“Morning,” I said to Hank. I heard the crinkle of the paper as he put it down, and I grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge. I turned around and saw Hank was watching me, looking a bit uncomfortable. I felt my eyebrows lower a bit as I asked, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” he said slowly, “I just... I heard that you and Logan are going out tonight.”

“We are,” I said, just as slowly as he had been speaking. I waited for Hank to say something else, but he just kept staring at me. I poured some orange juice into a glass that was waiting for me before asking, “Is something wrong?”

“It’s just that... I hope you know that two mutants together can still procreate,” Hank said in a rush as I choked on my orange juice. The orange juice finally passed down the wrong pipe, and I caught my breath, staring at Hank. He looked thoroughly uncomfortable now, wrenching his hands and twitching in his seat. “Protection also works on mutants, though-- condoms, contraceptives...”

“Hank,” I said quickly, trying desperately not to laugh. Obviously it took Hank a lot of courage and energy to even say the word ‘procreate,’ so I wasn’t about to laugh in his face at his attempt to give me a sex talk. “Believe it or not, I actually know how sex between mutants work. I’ve been a mutant my whole life, I’ve gotten the talk before. But I appreciate it.”

“Oh,” he said gruffly, shifting awkwardly in his seat. “Well, in that case...”

I ran over to him and kissed the top of his blue head, squeezing his shoulder. “Thank you for being the dad figure for me, Hank. I honestly do appreciate it.”

If Hank had still been in his human form, he would’ve blushed, I know it. He spoke gruffly again, saying, “Well, someone has to be the father figure, right?”

“Of course, of course,” I said, grabbing my glass. “Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go run back to my room and start to get ready for my departure.”

I turned and walked out of the kitchen, making way back towards my room. I began throwing in whatever I saw that even had remote sex appeal to it, making sure I knew exactly where my sexy lingerie was in the messy pile that was half of my closet and drawers. There was a knock on my door, and when I opened it, Logan was leaning sexily against the doorframe.

“Hey, you ready to go yet?” He asked casually. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him into my room, shutting the door behind him with my foot. He seemed surprised by my fast movements, but then he fell into them and smiled into the kiss, pulling me with him towards the wall.

He pushed me up against it aggressively, his hands squeezing my face as I clutched onto the flaps of his jacket. He then lifted me up and slid me onto my dresser, slamming my back against the wall as my legs locked around his waist. His fingers dug into my hip, and he murmured against my ear, “We should wait until we get to the hotel, don’t you think?”

I pulled away from him breathlessly, nodding my head as a response. He crushed his lips to mine, the cooling down after the heat of the moment. He threw a thumb over his shoulder and said, “I have to go put some last-minute things in place, but come down to the car with your bags whenever you’re ready.”

I nodded again, unable to make a sound in fear that I might squeal from the way he was currently making my feel. He turned and walked out of the door, and I felt myself watching his butt as he exited. I caught myself, surprised by my own actions. Had Hank’s little sex talk made me want to have sex with Logan even more? How disappointing for Hank.

I quickly finished packing, throwing my duffel bag onto my shoulder as I smeared my make-up a bit in the mirror and messed up my hair, looking like a hot mess, but still appropriate if one of the kids saw me. I made my way down to the garage, throwing my duffel bag into Logan’s huge-ass Jeep Wrangler, his baby. Just as I was entering the passenger’s seat, he slid into the driver’s seat and started the car, pulling away from the mansion.

“So, Hank tried to give me the mutant sex talk,” I said to Logan when we were about halfway to our destination. I had been trying to fit in that statement in our conversation, but it had just never worked out. Now, I just had to blurt it out. It was too funny not to share it with Logan.

He turned and gawked at me, and I laughed and nodded my head. “Poor guy, he could hardly say ‘procreate’ without choking on the word.”

“What’d he say, exactly?” Logan said as he turned off the main road onto a barely-there dirt road. The car began bumping along, but the turbulence didn’t bother either one of us.

“Basically everything I already knew, like that we’re basically the same as humans,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“And how do you know all of this?” Logan asked teasingly, smirking at me and looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I rolled my eyes again.

“Because I slept with all the guy mutants in the world before I met you, of course. I was a notorious mutant whore, no big deal,” I said to him, shrugging my shoulders. He laughed and the car came to a stop. I looked out my window and couldn’t see anything. “Logan?”

“We’re here,” Logan said. I got out of the car and looked up at the beautiful, two-story cottage that stood in front of us. It overlooked the Atlantic Ocean, and I had to cover my mouth with just how scenic it was. In the middle of nowhere, it was perfect for Logan and I, who liked being secluded from everybody else except for each other.

“Logan, how’d you know about this place?” I asked him curiously, stepping out of the Jeep.

“I don’t even really know,” he murmured thoughtfully, joining me as we both looked up at the wonderful structure. “I just kind of knew it was here and did some searching, then I found it. Maybe it’s part of my past life or something, I don’t really know.”

I squeezed his biceps, pulling myself up to kiss him on the cheek. He looked down at me and smiled, and I said, “It doesn’t matter, Logan. Let’s just go inside.”

We went inside and unpacked all of our stuff, the went canoeing down the river. I don’t think I stopped laughing the whole entire time as Logan told me stories of before I had come to mansion, stories he was telling me because I had told him how happy I was that Rogue shared the story of how Logan and she had become close. We got back to the cabin at dusk, and he set up dinner out on the back patio for the two of us. I didn’t even know how great of a cook he was until that moment.

After dinner, we watched a movie, then we went upstairs and changed for bed. I slipped on my sexy lingerie, then put on my silk nightgown over it. I came back out to the bedroom and slid into bed next Logan as he put one arm around me, my arm draped across his bare stomach. I knew he always slept shirtless, and this wasn’t the first time we had laid together like this, but things were different.

Logan leant down to kiss me, and my hormones automatically reacted. Within seconds, Logan was sitting up and I was sitting on his lap, my legs tucked underneath me as our lips worked with each other quickly. Logan pulled away from me and asked quickly, “You’re absolutely sure you want to do this?”

“We’ve taken all the necessary precautions,” I said, sliding the condom package off the nightstand and showing it to him. “We’ve got this, I’m invincible so it’s impossible for you to hurt me, you’ve told me you loved me...”

Logan chuckled, giving me a playful smile as he wound a piece of my hair around his index finger. “It’s funny that you consider that a precaution.”

I shrugged, smiling back at him. “A precaution of sorts, yes. Because whether or not you want to believe it, Wolverine, you’ve never said that word to anybody and it means a lot. It doesn’t mean you’ll be gone in the morning, or any of that stuff the jerks in movies always do.”

Logan reached up to brush his hand against my face and meet my eyes, his twinkling in the moonlight. “I would never, ever hurt you in a million years, my love.”

I climbed on top of his lap as he held my waist. I smiled down at him and whispered, “You’ve been doing a perfect job so far.”

“I suppose this is the next level,” Logan growled as he smiled, flipping me over quickly so I was on my back and he was hovering above me. He began to kiss me like never before, his hands searching my body hungrily. Our clothes were quick to leave our bodies before I scooted backwards so I could sit up. Logan grabbed me by the thighs and pulled me up onto his lap, and my nails dug into his back as he adjusted himself. I hid my face in his neck, and he kissed my shoulder.

“I love you,” he murmured into my chest. My head fell back and he caught it as he pulled it back up, meeting my eyes. “I love you so, so much.”

“I love you, too,” I said to him, crashing my lips to his again as he began thrusting against my body.

And he continued on throughout the majority of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 1,886
Total: 26,945