Status: Completed

Taming a Beast

04.

“You mean, before you knew you were a mutant?” Logan asked, sounding a bit surprised. I shook my head.

“Oh, no, I knew I was a mutant since I was born pretty much. I started shifting right away-- it didn’t take a while to develop like most mutants’ do. My parents were very accepting of the fact that I could shift, but its the powers I overtook that they had a hard time with. They accepted me and loved me, but they couldn’t control me,” I said as my voice caught. Logan waited for me as I shook my head, knowing I needed to get this words out for the first time.

“I had a younger sister named Tanya. She was the world to me-- I cared for her like she was my own daughter. I never understood why I was so protective over her, but then I realized it was because I knew there were other people out there like me, ones who could hurt her. Because my parents were, well, adults, I expected them to be able to protect themselves. We were walking home from a show one night in the city when we were attacked by a fellow mutant. My mom yelled at me to grab my sister and go, and I did just that. I saw my parents get attacked, pummeled into and killed by Juggernaut.”

“Juggernaut,” Logan growled. I grabbed his arm.

“He chased after me and my sister, and I wasn’t sure what to do, I freaked. I whipped around and just lashed out, shifting into someone I don’t even know. When I turned back, my sister was sprinting away. I ran after her and she yelled at me, saying she didn’t know me, saying she didn’t want me to be in her life anymore. I followed her when she wasn’t paying attention, and I knew she was living with my aunt. I waited a couple of years and went to visit her and she called me a freak and slammed the door in my face,” I whispered, Logan’s hand practically covering my face with how much he had to wipe away the tears. “She was my only family, and she convinced my aunt and uncle to despise me like she did. She blamed me for our parents’ death, because Juggernaut had been after me.”

“It’s not your fault,” Logan said to me, leaning up to press his lips to mine. He climbed up to the bed with me, putting his arm around my back as he pulled both of our bodies up the bed as he laid me down, his arm still on my back. I gripped Logan’s shirt in my hands and he braced my neck. He pulled away from me and laid down next to me, as I turned away from him, tears still in my eyes. He put his arms around my waist, pulling me over so I was turned to face him. I looked down at his chest, and he pulled me tightly into his arms as I shut my eyes against his warm chest.

“Just get some sleep, Shy,” he whispered to me. He held me tighter as his warmth enveloped me and I slowly fell asleep, tired from fighting and crying.

--

When I woke up the next morning, Logan was gone. I flipped out of my bed and noticed that his clothes were on the edge of the bed. I heard deep singing and heard the shower running, and grinned to myself. When Logan sang, he sounded exactly like Josh Turner, a country singer very popular with people back home, and it brought back good memories of old country music.

I smiled to myself as I got an idea, slipping off my shirt and pants, thanking God that I had put on my sexy, matching lingerie the morning before, as I took Logan’s large white t-shirt he had worn underneath his X-Men uniform and put it on myself. I inhaled-- it smelt exactly like him.

I heard the water shut off, and the door opened to reveal Logan in just a towel around his waist. I sat down purposefully on top of his clothes, and he smiled and shook his head. He walked up to me, still steaming and dripping from his shower with his muscles rippling, and put his hands on either side of me as he looked down at me.

“Can I have my shirt?” He asked me politely, his eyes twinkling. He knew exactly what game I was playing, and decided to have some fun with me.

I shrugged, seemingly unphased by his close proximity to me. I stood up, causing him to step back a bit, our bodies still tightly together, as I said to him, “You’re gonna have to take it off yourself.”

“Gladly,” he murmured, slipping his shirt off of my body to reveal what was underneath. He drank in the sight of me, although he had seen me before, his hands traveling my curvy sides. He grabbed hold of my hips, pulling me into him as he looked down at me, meeting my eyes fiercely. I tried not to smile, and luckily managed to produce a tiny, yet confident, smirk instead.

“Make a move, Wovlerine,” I whispered slowly to him, my lips almost brushing against his cheek. He leant back a bit so he could crush his lips to mine, his hands quickly sliding underneath my underwear. He was abrasive, but I, for whatever reason, enjoyed it, as he pushed me to the bed and climbed on top of me, his towel gone in the same throw that took my underwear. He unclasped my bra like a pro, throwing that to the floor as well, his lips trailing down my body achingly slow as my X-Men phone began ringing.

“Shit,” Logan growled, as I quickly placed my hands over his to stop him from morphing. He looked up at me, then at my chest, as I grabbed the phone off of the dresser and turned my back to him.

“Hello?” I asked.

“We need you here for training, we need to work on Colossus and Shadowcat,” Scott’s voice rang out. Logan snuck up behind me, moving my hair to the side as he put his hands on my bare ribs, placing his lips on my neck as he began sucking on the skin. I bit back a moan, struggling with it even more when Logan pressed his chiseled torso to my back.

“Scotty, do I-”

“It’s not a request, Shift, it’s an order.”

I looked at the phone in confusion as Scott abruptly ended the call. I sighed as Logan continued to kiss my neck, murmuring into my skin, “What’s wrong?”

“We have to go home,” I said to him, handing him his boxers as I slipped on my own underwear and bra. I looked over at him and he just looked at me, shaking his head. I tilted my own head in confusion and asked, “What?”

He smiled, some frustration showing on his features still. “Every single time we get close, we get interrupted. I just want to be with you, is that too much to ask?”

I climbed back up on his lap and he put his hands on my hips as I cupped his face in my hands. I kissed him on the lips, long and hard, and pulled away, stroking his face with my thumb. I smiled at him and told him, “You’re with me right now, aren’t you?”

“You know what I mean, Shy,” he said to me, almost groaning. I kissed him on the forehead, pulling away so I could go get dressed. I continued the conversation, however.

“I do, Logan, trust me, I do. But being physically with me is going to have to be good enough for your sexual desires for right now, alright?” I asked him, turning to him once I had my clothes back on. He had already slipped on a pair of jeans I knew he kept in his car, but he still remained shirtless. I walked a few steps forward, putting my hands right on his belt buckle as I used it to pull me up onto my tiptoes so I could kiss him. He smiled at me as I pulled away, and I stared at his abs. “At least you don’t have such a big distraction as I do.”

He laughed, grabbing me by the waist, looking straight down to my cleavage-exposing X-Men shirt. He rose his eyebrows and I blushed as he leant down and kissed the top of my head. “I’ve got bigger problems than you do, Shy. At least my uniform doesn’t cling to every last curve of my body.”

“It’s not my fault,” I muttered as Logan laughed again, slipping his fingers between mine as we exited the motel and got back to his Jeep. He held open the door for me like the secret gentleman he was, then rounded the car to get in the driver’s seat and start the car. He held my hand on the console like always, his thumb running over the back of my hand.

“I’m really glad you told me about your past,” he said to me, his eyes shooting over to look at me once before returning back to watching the road. I sighed and smiled, relaxing in my seat.

“I am, too,” I said, squeezing his hand. “It’s nice to let somebody know, and it’s even nicer to know that somebody’s you. It’s not like I want it to be this huge secret and I told you because I trust you, it’s just... I don’t even really know. It’s just not something I want to share with everybody because my story is so inferior to those around me.”

“It is not,” Logan insisted. “It’s just a different story altogether.”

I looked over at him, and he met my eyes, his expression deadly serious. I leant over and kissed him on the cheek so I wouldn’t distract him from driving, and he smiled. I leant back in my seat and, still looking at him, said probably one of the truest things I had ever spoken.

“I’m so glad you’re mine.”

Logan looked over at me, a bit surprised at my statement, but a slow smile stretched across his face. He pulled over to the side of the road quickly and reached across the console to kiss me. We made out in the front seat of his car before my X-Men phone began ringing again, an impatient Scotty calling us to remind us that we were due for training about ten minutes ago. I could tell Logan was ready to take my phone and chuck it out the window.

We got back in the car and Logan looked over at me, his eyes twinkling as he said, “I’m the lucky one.”

I knew it was stupid to begin arguing with him, so I just silently disagreed in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 1,839
Total so far: 6,931