The Guide On How To Date A Rockstar

Tip #20: most importantly: DO NOT FALL IN LOVE

It was hours later that I started really thinking about what Zacky had said. Surely I didn't love Brian. I mean, I did love him to an extent, but was that love the kind Zacky was referring to? It couldn't be. Brian and I had always been close friends. There was no way that friendship-love could turn into love-love overnight, true?

"You're thinking too hard on it" Zacky advises, sitting beside me on one of the couches backstage.
I glance over at him. "How did you know what I was thinking about?"
"I know your thinking face, and I know you very well. Maybe not as well as Brian, but pretty close."
"Zacky, I don't love him."
He rolls his eyes, slapping a hand to his forehead. "Yes, you do. We all see it. You're just as blind as he is. No, wait, I take that back. Brian knows he's in love with you. Admits it to Matt."

I flinch, sliding slowly from the couch. Zacky notices the movement and grabs my arm, yanking me back onto the couch beside him.

"Stop running from it, Adelaide. Accept it. You and Brian are in love."

With those words he releases me, letting me get off the couch and make a dash for the exit. But before I could even see the door I longed for, I ran headlong into a strong and warm chest. one I knew very well.

"You OK, Addi?"
I look up into Brian's face, my eyes stinging from repressed tears. "Yah, fine" I lie.

He tilts my face up more, grazing his lips across mine. I was sure he could feel the trembling in them, and my thoughts were confirmed when he gave me a stern yet concerned look.

"You're not fine. What happened, baby?"
"Zacky."
"I'll kill him. What did he do to you?"
"Nothing, Bri."
"Then what did he say to you to make you upset?"
"Nothing, Brian. he just made me think about something I didn't want to."
"Well, it must be pretty bad to have you crying. What'd he bring into light?"
"He said that I'm in love with you."

Brian freezes and I knew at once I should've kept my mouth shut. Zacky had said brian knew he loved me, and my new confession must've been a hard blow to the heart.

"Bri..."
"No, look. Go run away again. It's what you're good at. You don't have to love me back, I'll get over it."
"Brian... Baby..."
"Stop, Addi. Just stop. You knew I loved you. I don't see how you could not know it. And I don't see how you are so blind to how you love me. But whatever, I'll let you run. Just don't expect me to be here when you come to your senses."

He brushes past me, making me stagger into a wall. I'd really hurt him this time. Subconsciously I knew I loved him, but my brain was too fucked up to let me admit it. I'd been hurt enough and knew love always turned bad. Or at least it usually did. So did I love brian? I knew that answer. Yes, I did.

Spinning on my heel I take off after him, stopping to look down the crossing halls. I could dimly see his shadow turning down another hall. With a groan I run that way, barreling into his back. Obviously he'd been walking a lot slower than I'd anticipated.

"What do you want now, Adelaide? Come to tear me down a little more? I'm already down to my last peg and I'd be surprised if I had a heart actually left."
"Just shut up and listen to me, Haner. I'm not going to fall head over heels in love with you because you love me. Give me some fucking time, OK? I don't see why you're pissed off because you expect me to love you in a heartbeat."
"Addi..."
"No! I'm not done, Brian! Why is it so bad that I don't love you at this very point in our brand fucking new relationship?! We've been together a few hours! Talk about rushing things!"
"Are you done yet?"
I glare at him, pissed an annoyed. "Yes."
"I don't expect you to love me right now, you silly girl" he grins. He presses a gentle kiss to my forehead, cupping my face between his hands. His touch was feather soft. "But the way you said it tore me apart. Like, like you could never even begin to love me. Do you ever think before you speak?"
"Around you Bri, it's hard to speak."
He chuckles and brushes his thumbs across the space beneath my eyes. "I love you Addi. I; Brian Elwin Haner Jr, love you; Adelaide Jinx Beckett. And nothing is going to stop that. I've loved you for years and years. I'll be damned to give it up now."
I stare, dumbfounded. "You...You were..."
"Just acting? Yes, I will always be here for you to run back to. I don't think I could ever love another girl like I love you, Addi."
I fold my arms over my chest, smirking up at him. "You're a piece of work, Gates."
He shrugs and smiles. "You love me for it anyways."
I place a hand over one of his on my cheek, giving him a soft smile. Yah, I did love him for it. "It's part of your appeal."

"And they lived happily ever after." Our heads spin to see Jimmy standing there with his big arms over his chest. "'But fucking time, you two. i was getting tired of seeing you guys beat yourselves up over it all. You two love each other, it's cute." I open my mouth to speak but Jimmy cuts me off. "In time you'll admit it, Adelaide. But we can all see it in your face when you look at him. Do me a favor and have a bunch of kids, aiight? I'd like one of them to be able to play drums."
I laugh loudly, wrapping my arms around Brian's waist. "You are seriously a fucked up kid, Rev."
He just shrugs and giggles. "You enjoy it. Admit it. Where would you two be without my pushing?"
"Everyone pushed" brian throws in.
Jimmy smiles. "Yah, but who do you think annoyed them enough to start pestering you two about it."

We watch as the skinny drummer makes his way back down the hall. I knew Jimmy was right. I did love brian, very much. And the thought of kids with him was something I looked forward to.

"Hey Bri?"
He looks down at me, smiling like a fool in love. Which he totally was. "Yah, baby?"
I give him a flirtatious wink. "How bout we go get started on those kids now?"
Without waiting he picks me up bridal style, kissing me softly. "I thought you'd never ask."

6 years later

"Brian!"
A tall, well built guy slides around the corner, nearly tripping over a skateboard on his way to his beloved. "Coming, baby!"
I grin as he trips over the threshold to our small music room. "You're still as clumsy as ever" i tease lightly as he gets up.
"I'm sure that's not what you called me in here about" he grins, placing himself on his knees before my chair.
"No, you're right, I didn't."
"Then what's all this yelling about baby?"
I place a hand on my stomach, already imagining another baby bump. "I'm pregnant."
"Again?"
"Brian Haner" I shriek, playfully smacking his chest. "Yes again. If you could keep it in your pants for once we wouldn't be having another kid."
"Hey. if you could keep your hands out of my pants and that sweet little mouth off of mine I'd be able to keep it in my pants."

"Whoa, child present" Zacky cuts in, his hand grasping my youngest son's.
"Sorry Zacky" Brian and I apologize.
"Jeeze. Want me to take the little guy out while you two have a go again?"
Lexi's face contorts and he glances up at Zacky. "They're not gonna have sex again, right?"
"Lexi Joseph Haner" brian snaps.
"Zack! What are you teaching him" i growl, glaring at the taller man.
"Don't blame that one on me. Jimmy and Johnny are the horn dogs."
"Yah. Uncle Zacky is a good guy" Lexi cuts in on behalf of his 'uncle'.
"Yah right" I grumble.
"You know I'm good in bed" Zacky grins.
I roll my eyes. "You wish, Vengeance. We never got that far."
"And now is where I take my wife out to the pool to relax and discuss our newest kid" Brian interjects with a growl. He still had possessive issues.
Lexi's face lights up. "Baby brother?"
"Maybe a sister, kiddo" i smile.

He grins and jumps onto Zacky's leg as the big guy laughs and makes his way out the door.

"Are we ready for another" brian asks softly, stroking my hand with his thumb.
"Yah, we are. Lexi's got four great uncles and an awesome protective dad. i think this one will do fine too."
He smiles, kissing me briefly. "You can stand being babied again?"
"I distinctly remember being called princess a lot on tour."
"You were always my princess."
"Exactly."
♠ ♠ ♠
that's it. end of story. sorry it's not as long, but that's how i wanted it. feedback, and read my new story. sequel coming soon.