The Guide On How To Date A Rockstar

Tip #8: do not say you're doing laundry

Things quickly went back to normal with Brian and I. It was too easy to accept things they way they used to be. it was a lot easier to pretend nothing happened than to keep trying to figure it out. Brian of course did complicate things at times. More than usual he was with me. he stuck up for me against the guys even if we were only joking around. he was more protective of me than Matt and Zacky. I found it was easier to consult Brian about an outfit for the night than the other two. because it was easier to just ask than to try and sneak the outfit by him. And more than usual I ended up in some of his clothes or one of the guys. I had more clean clothes than they did.

"Guys, I'm going to do laundry" I announce, stuffing Brian's clothes into a garbage bag.

Zacky quickly runs in from the back and dumps a huge load before me with a dorky smile plastered on his lips.

"The guys are gathering theirs up" he fills in before walking back to the bunk area.

I was soon heaved with six trash bags full of sweaty clothes. Great. how was I going to get all this to the laundromat? I didn't want to have the bus driver drive me, and I wasn't about to take the van with the brothers.

My salvation came in the form of Brian. or, really, Synyster Gates. He'd gotten ready for the show tonight earlier than usual. There was a subtle difference in the way Brian carried himself from Syn. Brian was just a friendly guy who helped damsels in distress. Syn was a cocky and arrogant lover. And the way he picked up four bags and slung an arm around my waist proved it.

"Haner, we're going to the laundromat. not taking these to throw at people and make them think we're dating" i scold teasingly.

A brief flash of hurt went across his face before he just plastered his cheesy smile on.

"I know. but ti can't hurt to let them know that I will kick their asses if they hit on you. I'm the helper, not them. Besides, it's my fault you're doing all the laundry today."
"No it's not. It's Johnny's. Shorty can't seem to find everything at once. Finally he did" I correct. I hated when he blamed himself.
"Fine, fine. We'll blame it on Johnny. It's easier that way anyways" he nods.

Smiling I squirm out of his arm and walk into the laundromat, dumping everything on a washer. Brian was right behind me, helping me sort out the clothes.

"I can't believe you guys left without me!"

Ah, Matt Tuck. let me tell you something about this boy. I love him. he's a new friend. Really more like a brother to me than a friend already. He was quick to be as protective as Brian, but everyone could see Matty had ulterior motives. He didn't just want a friendship. And I was quite content to just let it all progress slowly and naturally. I wasn't really all that attracted to him, but it was nice to feel wanted. He'd sneak in kisses on the cheek when the guys weren't looking and he'd already tried to hold my hand a few times, but it always got ruined by someone popping up. It was cute.

Brian smiles and kisses my forehead. "I'll head back. You've got him. he's likely to be more help than I am. He doesn't have to worry about getting messy."
"Hey! I like to look good on stage to" he defends.
I pat Matty's head and nod to Brian. "Go ahead. Tell the guys they'll have clean clothes for tonight and tomorrow. Oh, and tell Zack I'm buying him new pajama pants later. These might not make it through the wash."

With another nod Brian grins and trots off, making his way back to the buses.

As soon as he was out of sight Matty grabbed up my hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it. "Thank god."

I laugh and peck his cheek, going back to sorting clothes, this time with his help. I knew this would take hours, but I also wouldn't miss anyone's set. I had timed it perfectly.

A pair of strong arms wind around my waist and soft lips kiss my neck to my jaw. Giggling I squirm backwards and into him, trying to get him to stop.

"You keep at it and they're gonna think a lot more than laundry got done" I whisper.
"Mmm, well, eventually they'll figure us out."
"Us?"
"Not us as in a couple us, but as in we're sneaking around behind them and fooling around."
I turn, glaring at him playfully. "We're fooling around?"
"If you put the loads in the wash we can."
Smirking I slap a pair of my underwear into his chest. "Load up the wash, Mister Tuck. I'll be the one deciding if we're fooling around."

Rolling his eyes with a smile he pinches my butt playfully before grabbing a load of the darks and stuffing them in a washer. It took maybe five minutes to get everything started.

With a smirk he pins me between his body and a washer. Unfazed I slide up onto the washer, my arms casually thrown over his shoulders.

"Now, miss Beckett, do I get the pleasure of finally kissing you or is that just taking my benefits too far?"
"I think you can kiss me" i reply with a slight nod.

And he did. Oh boy did he kiss me. Matty Tuck was probably the best kisser out of everyone I'd ever kissed. he was gentle but rough. Demanding yet very giving.

But of course, because it's my life and I have five very huge brothers, the sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted us before that kiss got any better. Slowly Matty turns and I look around him, finding Shads staring at us with an all knowing smirk.

"Hey Matt" I grin, unfazed.
"You two are way too obvious. Do not say you're doing laundry if you're not doing laundry" he teases, joining me by sitting on the washer next to where I was.
"Well can I rename him Laundry then" I ask innocently.

I was pegged with a stern look that made my insides squirm. Obviously the joke was not as funny as I'd hoped it would be.

"And risk you hurting Brian like that again? No way. It was awkward enough with Joel and now we're touring with Matty. You're lucky Brian's kind of oblivious right now. he's too happy having you back in his life to see anything you may do wrong."

I hate lecture-mode Matt.

Matty sighs and brushes a hand through his hair. "Why would Brian care?"
"He's tried to kiss her and she flipped. now, all of a sudden, new people are allowed to kiss her. I hardly think he sees that as fair treatment."

Again I was pegged with a stare. But it was Matty and Matt this time.

"Ruin my tour fun. Fine. You guys can fuck girls but I can't fuck him" I pout. i was only kidding of course.
Matty knew, because he laughed. "I won't hurt Brian that way, nibblet. He scares me" he shrugs.
Matt nods, kissing my cheek in a brotherly manner. "That's just how we roll. Sorry princess."

Finally I shrug, grinning again. "Then turn out the lights in the bus. Brian's gettin' renamed Laundry."