Best Love Story

Andrew Kingstin

"What are the chances he's going to show up?" Lacie Green asked her brother as she took another swig of her beer.

"It's a bar, they have drinks. And I offered to pay." Daniel Green said wrapping his arm around his wife. Stacie yawned and rested her head against her husbands shoulder.

"Well a bar isn't exactly the best place to take your pregnant wife." Lacie grumbled.

"Besides he just got back from Iraq, I haven't seen him in like three years." Daniel said ignoring his sister. Lacie went to take another drink when she saw him. She had the biggest crush on him, she meant him when she'd been ten and her brother and him had been freshmen in high school. By time she was a freshman in high school and they were seniors she'd fallen in love with him. Of course then she'd been forty pounds heavier, braces, glasses, acne, and geeky as all get out. Andrew Kingstin had been one of the hottest guys at Blakefield High alongside with her brother. Of course she thought her brother was one of the ugliest considering he was her brother. Daniel knew his little sister had a crush on his best friend but never said or did anything to embarrass her, but he loved to threaten her with his knowledge. A few weeks after they'd graduated Andrew went off to basic training for Marines and a year later was out on the fields fighting the enemy.
Lacie hadn't seen him in about ten years, and she still held a place in her heart for him...even though he never really looked at her. To him, she was just his best friend's geeky little sister. Now she was skinny, had curves in all the right places, perfect white teeth, no glasses, flawless face...and well still had her geek moments. She now owned her parents ranch since Daniel didn't give a damn about the place after their parents passed away a few years back. From running a ranch and running a flower shop with Stacie she was constantly busy. Lacie met Stacie when she was away at college and she brought her best friend home with her for her twenty first before and the second Stacie and Daniel locked eyes they fell in love. Now if only she could get someone to fall in love with her at first site.

"He's here." Lacie whispered as her eyes landed on him; he looked weak and tired. "I'll get his attention." she added as she lifted her arm and waved it a bit catching his eye. Daniel and Stacie both looked in that direction.
Andrew Kingstin gripped his crutches tighter. He wasn't sure why he agreed to meeting Daniel and his new wife. He narrowed his eyes at a woman waving at him and then he saw Daniel and a redhead sitting next to him. The redhead must be his wife...now who's the chick waving at him? His knee was killing him, he should have drank a little more before showing up, maybe taken a few more pain killers too. A little late now. He couldn't believe it, he had about seven more month before he was leaving the Marines for good and coming home to become a state trooper for Indiana, he'd talked to what would have been his chief and he was guaranteed the spot...that is until the roadside bomb screwed up his life. Even the doctor told him his knee would never be a hundred percent better ever. Now he had no idea where the hell he was going to end up now.

"No offense man but you look like hell." was the first thing Daniel said to his friend; Andrew wasn't a bit shock considering Daniel always blurted shit out, in fact his entire family had been that way, except for his sister. Lacie had common sense and knew when to shut her mouth.

Andrew gave a half smile. "Feel like it too."

"Well Andy this is my wife Stacie, Stace this would be the great Andrew Kingstin." Daniel said with a smile.

"I've heard plenty of stories invovling you." Stacie said with a laugh; Andrew gave another half smile, neither reached his eyes.

"That can never be good." Andrew answered before looking at Lacie who kept looking him up and down.

"And you remember my sister Lacie." Daniel said. Andrew wasn't quite sure he heard Daniel right.

"You're little sister?" he asked just to be sure.

"Well yah, I only have one sibling. Hell when's the last time you seen her?"

"At your grad party." Lacie replied quickly still starring at Andrew, he acted like he didn't notice. There was no way in hell this beauty was Daniel's little sister. That ruined his chances at getting laid tonight completely if she was.

"You look different." Andrew said eyeing her.

"Well ten years does that to people. So sit, stay awhile." Daniel said bringing Andrew's attention away from Lacie.

"Not too long, I'm not-"

"I understand, just long enough to catch up on a few things." Daniel interupted as Andrew took a seat slowly next to Lacie so he didn't hurt his knee. He held his hand up to get the waitress' attention and ordered a drink when she got up to him.