Status: Complete =)

One of the Boys

So Pretty in Pearls

Once the boys left I went on to make some major changes. I had to win Logan over. I just had too. I couldn’t stand the look he gave other girls. I wanted to be those girls. The moment they left for their tour I went up to my room. Lola was sitting on the couch reading an issue of Seventeen. She knew my plan. She was helping me. That day I packed up a lot of my stuff for storage and went shopping.

I read every issue of Seventeen that I could get my hands on. My hands flipped through the pages. I picked up on makeup tips. I needed more than just my usual dark eyeliner and mascara routine. I picked up on true fashion. The next step was clear. My parents gave me their credit card before they left me with my uncle. I could use it on anything I wanted. That was a good thing. I needed everything.

Lola and I went through endless racks of clothing. We went to the stores and found what perfumes smelt good and stalked up. We went and bought makeup, hair products, and accessories, everything that I needed. The next step was the hardest. I had to put a style in my hair. The stylist cut it. It was the final step to the transformation. I was no longer the tom boy that the boys left behind. I was the new and improved Jessica that was going to win over Logan Mitchell.

The new Jessica needed something to occupy herself. I had booked a couple of modeling jobs and landed a commercial. They were different than my usual auditions and jobs that I booked. I spent my days in chairs that had a full team of stylist surrounding me with fluffy brushes and rancid sprays. This occupied my time. This is until the boys came back. I was ready.
“I hate shaving my legs! This is why I wore jeans a lot. So I didn’t have to shave them every day!” Lola and I were in the bathroom getting ready for the boys arrival oh yeah and school. I sat at the edge of the tub so I could get a better view of the TV. We were watching Lolita. It turned into one of my favorite movies. I studied it religiously. I loved everything about the movie. We were soon done with getting ready. I was sure the boys were back and back in the class room after being cornered.

I was ready. My hair was wavy from the sea salt that seemed to live in my hair and my make up was more on the natural side. My outfit, which Lola and I had carefully planned the night before, was perfect. My fishnet tights felt natural, the soft, purple, cotton fabric laid perfectly, the black belt sat at my waist, the silver of my accessories brought out the lightness is my green eyes. The leather of my favorite ankle boots set everything off perfectly. It was perfect. By the time I was dressed, I realized that we were going to be late.

Lola and I sprinted to the elevator, but the doors had just closed. We were screwed. I grabbed her arm and drug her to the stairs.

“What are you doing? The stairs?” she seemed confused by the idea of taking the stairs.

“We’re going down the stairs so it will be faster.” I knew I was right; I took the stairs plenty of times. We burst through the door to run to the school room. We definitely were late. The lobby was full of people, but we just pushed through them. The pissed off stares didn’t bother us at this point. Dealing with Ms. Collins after we show up late again did not sound fun to us. We were finally at the door. Still late, but I seen him in his desk. All of my worries went out the window.

Ms. Collins, as I predicted, was not happy. We opened the door and she shook her head.

“Lola, Jessica, you guys are late again.” Everyone was staring at us. The only one I seen was Logan though. His mouth was opened slightly, his eyes were wide and his hands were stopped in mid tap. This made me smile. Lola and I knew that this was a good sign. We walked towards our seats with our stuff, not wanting to draw any more attention to myself I quietly walked to my seat. Though I knew that would never happen. I had tripped over absolutely nothing and before hitting the floor, I fell into a pair of arms.

“Hey, I’m Jake” He flashed me a smile. He was new to the Palm Woods. His blue eyes sparkled and his brown hair lay perfectly. This make me smile in return. I was in the arms of a cute, new guy and Logan was fuming in his seat. I could feel the anger radiate off of him. I think since Jake is here, Logan might have to take a number.

Once Jake had helped me back up, I walked to my desk, which was located next to Logan’s. His pencil tapped his book even harder. He tried to listen but, he wasn’t. I sat there and doodled the whole time. I didn’t need to listen, I knew this already. I was in the middle of drawing Reptar when a note hit my desk. I quietly and quickly unfolded the paper. There I saw his familiar, messy hand writing.

What’s with the new look?
I gave a quick sigh and picked up my pen. I wrote him back in purple ink and threw the note over while Ms. Collins had her back turned.

talk to me later. We’re in class
He was frustrated by my message, but he didn’t press it while we were there. He hid the note and continued his incessant tapping. Those taps were the only thing that kept me from finishing my drawing of Reptar. I found myself drawing a familiar pair of eyes instead.

Class couldn’t’ get over soon enough. I had my stuff all ready before Ms. Collins let us out. I escaped Logan, but not for long.

“What is up with you? You’re so” He trailed off. He was actually at a loss for words. I cocked my head and shifted my weight onto my left leg. He seemed to find the words; I could see it in his face. “Not yourself.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I knew exactly what he meant. I just played dumb so I could hear his answer. He threw his hands up while he gave a frustrated sigh.

“You’re just so much more girly now. I mean you always smelt like a girl before and you defiantly were one, but I never knew you owned a dress. You’re hair is so different and your look, your attitude. Everything is just different Jess! It’s weird Kendall told me that you told him that you hadn’t shot a basket since we left. I knew you wouldn’t be okay while we were gone” It was a classic case of Logan Word Vomit, stuttering included. I was sick of him not seeing what I wanted him to see. I thought he was supposed to be the smart one. I was cool when he started, but by the time he had finished and it soaked in, I was mad. I blew up.

“have you ever stopped to think about the fact that I want to be a girl!? I don’t want to be a weed, I want to be considered a delicate, pretty, flower. Have you ever seen those before? Daisy’s and roses? Yeah those are what I want to be like. Also, I haven’t shot a basket all summer because maybe I don’t want to smell like a baseball team! I prefer to smell like roses or something that smells pleasant.” I didn’t say everything that I wanted. I was all ready tired of this. I wanted to so desperately tell him ‘I also want to kiss you, but you look at me like a little sister, one of your boys,’ but I kept it in.

I left a confused Logan standing there. The whole Palm Woods Lobby was staring, but I didn’t care. James, Kendall, Carlos and Jo were all standing near Logan. They knew what I was getting at. Jo was a girl, of course she knew how I felt about him. The other three just knew. I stopped before I walked out into the pool area.

“I just want to be one of the girls, so pretty in pearls. I don’t wanna be one of the boys” I walked out and made my way to the park to clear my head.

Before I even left the pool area I heard my name. I didn’t have to guess who was calling it. Logan was the only one who was stupid enough to follow me when I was mad.

“What Logan?” I was annoyed by him being so blind. Couldn’t he see that I did this for him? I guess not. I turned around and he was standing right there. Did he finally get it?

Instead of answering my question verbally, he put his lips on mine. It felt magical. His hands found their way to mine. They fit together like puzzle pieces. He broke away and I looked up at him with a smile. The next words that came out of his mouth made me melt.

“You’re not one of the boys. You’re my girl.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. =)