This boy came to my school. And picked me to be his BRIDE!

Chapter 8

My life sucks!
Well not really, but the stuff that happens in it does.
It was Friday afternoon, and Iwas INCREDIBLY relieved it was the weekend. [Author note: she caught Zac and Courtney on thursday, so yesterday.]
Zell, Scar and I were all sitting under our tree, I was staring blankly at thedark blue/pinksky at sunset, Scarlett was writing (she loves to write lyrics), and Zella was texting, Max probably.
All of a sudden, Zella gasped.
Scar and I looked at her confused.
'Don't worry,' she said, dismissing our confused looks and went back to her text convo.
I sighed and laid down on my back, randomly counting the millions of braches above me.
'I'm so happy it's the weekend,' I muttered to no one in particular.
'Me too,' Scar added. Zella seemed to busy.
'Zell?' I asked her. She looked up. 'What are you talking to Max about?'
'Waita minute, just let me finish this conversation.' she said, going back to her phone.
After five more minutes I got bored and told them I was going back to my room, and that I'd see them at dinner.
On my way back I was prying the entire way, that Zac wouldn't be there. Luckily when I got in, it was empty, so I sat down at the table finished the little homework I had, and went and had a shower.
When I got out, I threw on my gray skinny's and a random shirt, and walked to dinner.
The dining hall was packed when I walked i but I just went to our usual table.
Over dinner, Zell and Scar asked me to go to there room till curfew, they both looked at me seriously. Wonder why?
'Yeah, alright.' I said with my mouth full. They looked at me weirdly. I realised what I'd actually said was "Yeaphhf, alphftit."
I swallowed quickly, and answered again, 'yeah, okay.'
Just as we'd finished and were just standing up to leave. Ms Heahwere, stood at the podium with her microphone and told us to stay.
'Now, as you should all know, the Ryan &Jessica Worth Ball is comingup.' She told us. Ryan and Jessica Worth were the founders of the girls and the boys school in town. SO natuarally we had a ball where the two school, came together. Or, when the girls had a reason to dress up. Ugh! 'And this year, Sir Ryan's is coming to Lady Jessica's, for the ball, which is next weekend, on Satuday night.'
Whispers and girlish giggles erupted throuout the hall. I groaned.
This meant wearinga dress.
***
When we got back to Zell and Scar's room, we chicked ina c.d and just talked. Afterwhile we were just singing along to the lyrics and dancing around.
After a while, Zella turned down the music until it was just in the background, and her and Scarlett both looked at me seriously.
'Shiley?' Scarlett asked me.
I gave them a confused look. 'Yeah?'
'Do you like Zac?'
Woah! I so didn't see that coming.
'Uh, I-I... I;m not sure.' I said getting more and more confused. 'Why are you asking me this?'
They both looked at eachother.
'What!' I exclaimed.
'You remember ages ago, Zac told you about how Jared goes to the same school as Max.'
'Uh, yeah, but what does that have to do anything?' I replied. ' I thought we were talking about Zac.'
She ignored the last bit and continued.
'Well, Jared is friends with Max.' she said, like it explained everything.
I looked at her blankly. 'Okay... so? Huh?'
'Zac talks to Jared, and Jared talks to Max.'
'Great. What does that have to do with anything?' I asked again.
'Zac told Jared about that time you caught him with Courtney andJared has been talking to Max, and well today when I was texting Max, he told me most of it.' Zella said.
'What did he say?' Iasked, catching on a bit now.
'He says that Zac really does like you.' She told me happily, andfor some weird reason my heart lifted.'He's been telling Jared about that kiss he had with Courtney. Apparently, she was the only one kissing.' She laughed at the last bit.
I laughed too. It made Courtney sound so desperate.
'So what do you think?' they both asked me.
I ignored that, not sure how to answer and said, 'is that why you gasped under the tree before?'
She laughed. 'Yeah, I was a bit surprised.'
'Join the club,' I said.
It was silent for a while but then...
'So you's wanna go shopping for dresses tomorrow?' Scarlett asked, her eyes flashing with humour, when I groaned.
My two least favourite things: shopping and dresses.
'Why not?' I said with a smile, as fake as Pamela Anderson's boobs.
_________________________________________________________