Feel the Momentum

what happened

This was definitely not a good thing; Toushi had just woken up in an eerily creepy forest without knowledge of where he was or how he got there. The only possessions he had were the clothes on his back.

He stood up as his eyes scanned the surrounding area, but he saw only trees and the birds within them.

“Hello?!” he shouted, receiving only the beating of the bird’s retreating figures.

He sighed, brushing off his shorts and white t-shirt before starting to walk in the direction the birds flew.

After a couple of hours of traveling without a sense of direction, Toushi found his way to the edge of the forest and the entrance to a town.

The town seemed crowded due to the amount of people that were milling about their daily business. Several people gave Toushi disapproving and curious glances due to the strange clothes he wore. They were all wearing medieval sorts of clothes while his were modern.

“The princess has been captured?” one old woman asked her companion as Toushi passed.

Her companion nodded. “By Alonzo of all people!”

“Oh dear, this is horrible,” the old woman clucked sadly.

“Princess?” Toushi whispered to himself once he was clear of the women.

Toushi walked through the town for a little bit before coming to a stop in front of a building. It looked like a defense school of some sort.

Suddenly, a window shattered as a man was thrown through it.

All of the townspeople looked over to the building, wondering what was going on.

“You call yourself a man?!” a mighty voice shouted, coming from within the building.

The voice’s owner climbed out of the window with a sword strapped to his back and silver armor on his chest. The man had dusty black hair with a matching full beard. His clothing was ripped and rugged beneath the armor.

“Who is that?” Toushi asked the man next to him.

“That’s the warrior from Jusclain,” the man replied. “All people fear him.”

Toushi nodded before looking back at the warrior.

The man who had flown through the window had managed to crawl over to the crowd and hid behind Toushi.

The warrior turned towards the two and stomped over to them. “Who are thou?” he asked.

“My name is Toushi.”

“Toushi, huh? Well, I am Pan and you are guarding a coward. Move aside and allow me to take care of him,” the warrior stated.

Toushi looked at him. “Where I come from, cowardness is not a reason for death, only ridicule,” he replied, trying to sound like he was from the time period.

Pan glared at him. “And where would that be, Toushi?” he spat.

Toushi thought quickly. “I'm from...Kreston,” he replied.

“Kreston?” the crowd seemed to collectively whisper.

Pan seemed to think it over before looking to the man cowering behind Toushi. “You may be on your way, but if you dare cross my path again, you will not have a second chance,” he stated.

The man scrambled to his feet. “Thank you, sirs! Thank you!” he stuttered.

“Be gone with you!” Pan thundered.

The man scrambled away quickly as the crowd parted around him.

“Well?” Pan questioned. “There's nothing more to see here, you gossip vultures!”

The crowd grumbled before dispersing slowly.

“Welcome to our little town of Nemor, Toushi,” Pan said, walking towards his school. “What brings you from Kreston?”

Toushi was still in shock from knowing a town that truly existed in this world. “What? Oh, I was just passing through on my way save the Princess,” he replied, fabricating a story from what he had heard as he followed Pan.

“You have come a long way for a lost cause, kid.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, walking through the now-open front door of the school.

“The Princess is being held by the most notrious Lord in all the lands. The Demon Lord,” Pan stated, opening another door.

“I undestand this information. However, I believe that I defeat this Lord,” Toushi replied, feeling more confident the more he spoke.

The Warrior scoffed. “With what? Your puny arms and no defense, let alone no shield!”

Toushi looked down at himself. “I would make it if I tried! I bet you never have!”

Pan spun around on his heel with a chuckle. “Okay, little peasant, if you plan to make such a big bluff, then I will match it. I teach you so you can defeat the Lord and his minions, but you must give me full rights to the title of saving the Princess.”

Toushi looked around him at the medals and awards that decorated the room he found himself in. He thought over his options.

Pan watched him as he weighed the choices.

“Okay, Pan the Warrior, you have a deal,” he said, sticking his hand out.

Pan grinned. “Great choice, Toushi the Kid,” he replied, shaking his hand.