Falling to Pieces

Chapter Three

Image


When he wakes up in the morning the first thing Nathan does is check his phone to see if Eva has sent him anything. Every day since the break up there has been something from her to tell and remind him that it’s okay, and that she still cares about him.
Today though there is nothing.
He’s a little hurt, Nathan had come to rely on those little pick me up messages from Eva. But he supposed it had been long enough, two months was a long time after all.
Two months of being broken up with Sierra after being with her for a year, he thought sadly as his chest started to tighten.
Buzz, buzz!
He looked over to his phone quickly and read one new message from Eva Grey. He started to breathe again as he opened the message and read it.
Hey Nathan, good morning! Woke up late, but wanted to tell you that it’s alright and too stay strong! Love you- Eva
He smiles when he sees the last part. As much as Nathan tries to deny it, he can’t or he has at least stopped pretending that he doesn’t love her. Ever since the breakup he has gotten better because Eva has given him all the love in the world.
Is it too soon, or rather does Eva even feel the same way about him? He thinks to himself, groaning and flopping back down on the bed and starting to tear up.
The only time he forgets about Sierra is when he’s with Eva, having the time of his life and falling in love with his best friend. But he can’t do anything about it; Nathan isn’t willing to ruin their friendship.
Buzz, buzz!
Hey Nathan, you feel like hangin’ out today? My parents are gone for the night too, so you can sleepover. Love you-Eva
He stares at the text with a little smile crawling onto his face.
Eva, I’d love too. I’ll be over in a few.-N
He takes a deep breath in, tonight holds the answer to their future together. And Nathan can’t be more anxious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three hundred and fifty four words
Almost done.
Comment!-
Lulu