Falling to Pieces

Chapter Four

Image


All day the two friends have been out first to the mall where she tricked Nathan into getting his ear pierced, then on to the movies where they go see a chick flick, and finally back to Eva’s house at eleven o’clock at night.
Laughing, they both walk into the dark house searching for the light as Eva’s dog barks madly happy to have some companionship after Eva being away from him for so long.
Kissing her dog as Nathan walks ahead of her and starts to rummage through the refrigerator, Eva looks at him out of the corner of her eye. His coal black hair is gorgeous, and his hazel eyes are sparkling with excitement because he was with her the whole day. The earring that he got mere hours ago looks lovely because it’s a simple stud set next to his black hair.
“Eva, do you have any coke?” Nathan’s husky voice asks as she stands up.
“There should be some in the bottom drawer,” her frail voice answers as she heads towards the CD player to pop a mixed disc in that her friend Sophie had made for her.
The first some to come on is Anywhere But Here by Mayday Parade, and Eva listens to it barely hearing anything but the music as she slowly starts to dance to it with her eyes closed.
Suddenly there is a tap on her shoulder.
“May I cut in?” Nathan asks, his white teeth sparkling and all she can do is nod.
Secret love, my escape//Take me far, far away//Secret love, are you there?//Will you answer my prayer?
Eva leans her head against Nathan’s chest and listens to his heart beating. It’s the only sound she can hear as she’s twirled about the kitchen, her skirt swirling about her legs.
It’s the most comforting sound in the whole world, Eva decides as she tilts her head up to look at Nathan.
When we're together//Thoughts of her disappear…
“I love you Nathan McCall,” Eva murmurs not caring if it’s wrong. It’s the truth, she’s dancing with the man she loves and she wouldn’t take it back for the world.
A tear drops on her face as he looks down at her, “I love you too, Eva Grey.”
The next thing both of them know, their lips are locked in the perfect innocence of that first kiss. A kiss that holds so much hope, and emotion. A kiss that means the future is theirs.
Please take me anywhere but here//Anywhere but here...
♠ ♠ ♠
Four hundred and twenty four words
Last chapter
Comment!-
Lulu