Grenade

Are You Okay?

---Skylar's POV---

I looked out my window, watching the sunny sky turn into clouds of smoke. The weather man said no rain today. But the clouds said something different.

I stood up and grabbed my laptop, already signed onto my email account, and opened up my last email. It was from Hot Topic, telling me sales were going on this week. Not that it mattered to me, because I lost my job there. When I quit from the tour, they said they'd keep my spot open. That wasn't the case anymore. They told me I was fired, not allowed back in there. They had heard all the crazy stories about me on TV and the Internet.

I bit my lip and checked my other emails. I wanted to see one name, one certain name. But no, it wouldn't show up.

I laid back on my bed after I set my laptop down. It had been three whole weeks before Jackson had sent me an email. The last email told me he'd call, but he never did. Of course, I had to change my number because Hot Topic was covering my phone bills for the time being. I had to change everything.

I rolled over on my back and stared at the horrible white paint on the walls. I thought of Dillon. I knew what she was going through because I've been thrown in there before. It was horrible for me--and it didn't work.

Joe hadn't seen her in days. Matter of fact, he only went up there to see her five times of the five months she'd been in there. I knew how she felt there, too. She loved him, missed him. And she had nobody up there with her, no one. I had no one as well.

I groaned and stood up, pulling down my shirt, and pulling up my shorts. I walked over to my tv and turned it on, thinking, hoping I'd see something on Jackson. Sure enough, there they were talking about the famous Jackson Rathbone.

"He seems to have a new girl." The ET dude smirked. My heart fell to the bottom of my chest. Further, I would imagine. "He was seen yesterday with this beautiful girl," He noted as he pointed towards the screen.

The lady laughed. "At least she doesn't cut, poor little thing." She made a horrible, fake sad face and then smiled again. "We also caught him with another girl two nights ago, eating out to dinner." Another picture popped up on the screen.

No, it couldn't be. Jackson wouldn't do that, he had sisters. Three sisters. Maybe it had been them, maybe.

I sunk down into my bed, my eyes burning with the tears I wouldn't let fall.

---Tom's POV---

I watched as Zoey played with her hands. Popping her fingers and popping them again. I shook my head. "Zo?" I whispered. She continued to watch her phone. Waiting on the call Skylar promised her.

I sighed and stood up from our bed, and lightly kissed her cheek. She finally tore her eyes away and looked up at me. "She won't call... will she?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Baby, she's probably asleep. It's an hour ahead there, remember?" I smiled gently. She didn't return the favor and looked back at it.

After a few more minutes, it finally rang. She almost knocked me out trying to get to the phone in time. "Hello?! Skylar!" She let out a sigh of relief. I smiled a little.

My cell phone started to ring. I made a confused face and answered it. "Ja?" I asked.

"Tom! Tom! Warum hast du nicht angerufen?" My brother, Bill asked. Which in English meant Why haven't you called?

I laughed. "Sorry, alot has happened." I spoke in perfect German, since I was German.

"Listen.." He spoke in English this time. "Can I come over for a few days? Mom is driving me crazy!" He whined. I laughed.

"Hold on," I held the end of the phone and looked over at Zoey. She was in a deep moment, but I still walked over and kissed her lightly. "Can my brother come stay with us for a while?" I asked. She had never met him, but she was about to.

She looked up at me, silent for a minute. Finally, she nodded and continued talking. I smiled. "Come on!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright xD Comments? Subs? xD