Grenade

Drunks, Lovers, Sinners, and Saints

I drug Skylar behind me to the opposite end of the pool. I stood awkwardly in my bikini and pushed my damp hair back.

"Sky, I think you need to tell Jackson." I said, crossing my arms over my chest in an attempt to hide my body. "It'd be better if he heard it from you now instead of later."

"Later when?" She asked, glancing over to the guys. They seemed to be talking about something funny, cause they were laughing.

"Like later when you're married or something. Cause if it was you, wouldn't you want to know now?" I asked. She shrugged, and kept looking at Jackson, who happened to be standing next to Bill.

"I guess. Cause he would be madder if I kept it from him, and he found out from someone else." She muttered more to herself. I nodded and looked over at Joe.

"Tell you what." I started. She looked at me. "You tell Jackson, and I'll tell Joe." I bit my lip as I watched Joe. He was smiling and nodding. Occasionally, he would look over at me, where I would just smile back.

"Your secret's kinda bigger though... Are you sure?" She asked. My eyes stayed fixed on Joe as I nodded.

"Yeah, he needs to know. I've been shutting him out and ignoring him." I finally sighed then looked at her. "Yeah, I need to tell him." I said. She nodded, and moved out of my way.

Keeping my arms crossed, I walked over to the guys. Bill, that tall german dude that looked like a girl, looked at me. Awkward.

"Joe, we need to talk." I said, hugging myself tighter while glancing to the side. I didn't want to make any eye contact.

"Oooh!" Jackson smirked, elbowing Joe, who laughed. Until he saw my face.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, pushing my hair back a little. I cringed, but shook my head.

"Let's go over there." I nodded towards the edge of the pool. He nodded and led me over there. Zoey was now swimming with Skylar, talking. Maybe Skylar decided to tell Zoey first for support. Hopefully.

"So what's up?" He asked, sitting on the ledge. I sat beside him, and let my feet dangle in the water. It came up to my knees.

"Um," I bit my lip, trying to think of how to word this. "When I was in rehab, I met this guy." I started, trying to pick my words carefully. Which obviously didn't work.

"So you cheated on me, fan-freaking-tastic!" He stood up. I grabbed his hand, and looked up at him.

"I didn't cheat!" I said. He rolled his eyes, and tried pulling his hand away. I grabbed it again. "Let me explain, please." I begged, watching him. His eyes flicked between me and the guys. He probably wanted to go over there and talk with them again.

"Fine." He muttered after a moment. I sighed and sat back down. "So what happened after you met this guy?" He didn't sound like he cared.

"I became friends with him, and one day we were alone and started talking." I said, watching my feet in the pool. "And then he um." I paused, not sure if I could go on.

"He kissed you?" He asked, anger filling his voice. I shook my head. "Then what?"

"He stuck his hand down my shirt and into my bra, and his hands went into my pants too." I finally admitted. Surprisingly, I wasn't crying, and tears weren't in my eyes anymore.

"He what?!" He shouted, his eyes showing sadness and more anger.

"I didn't know what he was doing at the time, and I think I was too shocked to stop him." I muttered, looking back at my legs. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't.

He just sighed, running his hand through his hair. "I can't believe this. When did this happen and why didn't you tell me?" He looked at me.

"I think after six months. And I tried but," I replayed the memory in my head. "you said that if this was another lie to get me out, you were going to leave me forever. And I was scared you would think I was lying." I bit my lip and looked at him. "Are you mad?"

"Kind of, yeah." He looked away from me and stayed quiet for a bit. "But it's not your fault." He sighed. "You were scared. Is that why you've been so distanced lately?" He asked. I nodded.

"Mhm." I mumbled, pushing my hair to the side.

"Who else knows?" He asked, showing me his hand before he put it on my thigh.

"I told Skylar and Zoey, but that's it." I watched his hand then looked back up at him.

"Oh." He nodded and looked away again, withdrawing his hand. He looked a little hurt that I told them first, and I guess I understood that.

"Sorry, but I just needed to let it out and I wasn't sure if you'd understand." I bit my lip again, which I did a lot. Obviously.

"Dill, no matter what's going on with us, you can always tell me everything. That's why I'm here. I'm your rock." He smiled gently at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him. I hadn't seem him smile like that in forever. "I promise." He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek, and wrapped my arms around his torso. His very toned torso. Which was extremely attractive.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot even tell you how many times I wrote down the lyrics I was singing. xD

Also, for Maegan; I was hoping to give you more to work with, but that kinda failed. o__O Sorry! D:

-Ashley Dawn