Grenade

I Still Want To Help

---Skylar's POV---

I watched out of my window, waiting on my mom's car to pull up. As much as I hated my mother, I was being forced out of my small apartment and being placed in my mother's care. I had lost the place from lack of money, and the land lord didn't like this too much.

I have tried to get a new job, gone to many interviews, but it just wasn't working. Nobody wanted to hire me because of the whole "Cutter Sex-Crazed Girl" thing.

I bit my lip and turned to the many boxes stacked up against the far wall of my living room. I never knew I had so much shit, and I didn't even use half of it. I turned to face my bathroom, which was also stacked with bags and boxes.

I walked over to my kitchen and lightly touched the counter. I loved this place, so much. I didn't want to live with my mom, this was my first real home. A home I knew I could home to and relax. With no nagging mother and no loud noises. It was mostly older people who lived here, so it wasn't loud at all.

I jumped up on the counter and swung my legs lightly. The cool metal of the knobs touching my bare legs.

There was a knock at my door so I walked over to answer it. I turned the knob and looked up to see not my mother, but a chest. A chest with a plaid shirt over it. I looked up and gasped, seeing none other than Jackson.

But this wasn't a Jackson I knew. This wasn't the always happy Jackson, he was sad. He looked.. lost. As if he didn't think he fit.

"J-Jay?" I muttered. He let his head fall against his chest.

"I couldn't bare going another second without you, Sky." He muttered.

I crossed my arms, not buying this play. "Uh huh."

He lifted his head up enough to look down at me. "I'm so sorry for not calling or anything, but a lot has been going on!"

I snorted. "Enough to where you couldn't call your girlfriend and tell her?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"No, I mean.." He paused, waiting on the right words to hit him. "I just meant that I haven't had time. But.. I'm back." A small smile and he opened his arms. I just shook my head.

"No, Jackson. You wanna know why I don't want to be near you right now? It's not just the fact you haven't called. It's the fact you've been out with other women. It's the fact you didn't stuck up for me in that interview two weeks ago when the guy asked about me. You didn't say anything, leading people to believe I'm worse than that stupid little girl they already thought I was." I glared at him.

His face appeared shocked as he said, "I didn't know what to say, Sky. I--"

"Leave." I pointed. "And it won't do any good to stick around because I've been kicked out. I'm moving in with my mom."

"Your mom?" He asked, tilting his head and raising an eyebrow.

I nodded. "Yeah, my mom." I forgot I hadn't told him I wasn't on speaking terms with my mom for a while, and now suddenly I'm having to call her up. Ask to live with her. "I lost my job, thanks to you. I can't get hired anywhere so my mother is taking me in. Of course, she's just going to rub it in my face that I do nothing but fail at life while she has the perfect job, perfect family, perfect everything. I'm the only thing wrong in her life." Tears stung my eyes, but I didn't dare let them fall.

He backed up a little. "I didn't know.. Look, Skylar. I came back to ask you.. to ask you--" He stopped. Once again looking for the right words. I stared at him, ready. Waiting. Finally, he said, "To ask you to live with me."

My heart stopped beating, my brain went into over-drive, and my cheeks burned. "L-live with you?" I laughed. "Live with you? I haven't seen you in.. how many months? And you never called me back and you want me to live with you?"

His cheeks grew red as he shoved his hands down his pockets. "Well. Yeah." He shrugged. "I still love you, and I want to make it up."

I rolled my eyes, still smirking. "Little Rathbone comes crawling back, huh? Lemme guess, that bitch of a girlfriend broke up with you, realizing you were still with me?"

"What are you talking about? I haven't cheated."

I laughed again. "I saw the pictures, Jackson." I smirked. "I saw you hugging that girl, taking another one out for dinner. I saw them, and you can't deny it now."

He dug something out of his pocket and pulled it out. He had two pieces of paper in his hand and he showed me one of them. It was a picture of him and a girl. Hugging and laughing. They seemed to be having a good time, but they looked a little alike. "My sister." He stated. "The only girls I've been around are my sisters and mother, Sky. I wouldn't cheat. I took Kelly out for dinner a few weeks ago."

I could tell he was pissed, and now I felt horrible. "I-I'm sorry, Jackson.." I muttered.

He shook his head. "I wanted to help you out, and I still do. I would never hurt you. If you want my help, I'm only in town for two more days. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn just up the street if you want to come see me." And without another word, he left.

I stood in my door way for a little while, soaking every word in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter. I actually cried writing most of it because I couldn't help but thinking of something that happened to myself.

Anyways, comments? Subs?

--Christa