Grenade

I Lied

--Skylar's POV--

I sighed and looked up at the clock. The small ticking every second annoyed me so much. I got up and checked my phone once more. I had three messages. All from Jackson.

I groaned and turned towards the door. I'd go see him, tell him to his face that I didn't want to see him, and then come back home and wait on Zoey. That's it.

I grabbed my TMNT Shell backpack and slipped on my skating shoes. I grabbed my skateboard and ran outside, down the stairs and on my board.

The sky started turning a nasty shade of black as I turned the corner and kicked at the ground, making the board go faster. Thunder boomed but I ignored it, not wanting it to storm before I could get back to my apartment.

I saw the big Holiday Inn sign and kicked towards the front doors. I got inside and picked it up, then walked to the front desk and asked where Jackson Rathbone was.

The guy looked at me for a second before I rolled my eyes. "I'm his girlfriend, and if you don't tell me where he is.. Well let's say you don't want to see me turn bitchy." I crossed my arms. He nodded quickly and typed away at the computer.

"Uh, room 402." He pointed towards the elevator.

I smiled. "Now was that so hard?" I asked and walked over. I pressed the Up button and waited. I saw a couple to my left and watched as the guy held her close, placing small kisses on her cheek as they talked. I frowned. I missed those nights of laying there, being held and softly kissed.

The doors opened. I stepped in and pressed the fourth floor. They closed before I noticed I wasn't alone. A guy was standing beside me, looking at something on his phone. His face emotionless.

I bit my lip and waved my hand in front of his face. "Excuse me?" I asked. He just stood there, staring at nothing. I nodded as the doors opened and a little girl stepped on. She pressed the lobby button and stood there, cutely.

When the fourth floor doors opened, I stepped out and walked down the hall a little ways before coming to his room. I stopped and watched it as if it would move the longer I stared. I took a deep breath and knocked.

After a few minutes, the door opened and he stood in front of me. Wearing a wife beater and sweats.

My mouth opened and closed a few times before I actually could speak. "Jackson.. why must you keep calling me?" I asked.

He chuckled slightly. "You came all this way to ask why I keep calling?"

I shrugged. "No, I didn't." I dropped my head. "I came over here to.." I looked back up at him and glared at him. "I came all this way to tell you that I hate you. I have never hated anybody more than I hate you. I don't want to be with you, I want you to leave me the fuck alone. Why keep calling a girl that doesn't like you anymore? Huh?" I asked.

He watched me for a minute before he pulled me close to him and kissed me softly on the lips. I fell for it intently, kissing him back. His left hand rubbing up and down my back and his right tangled in my blonde hair.

He pulled back and looked at me. He pulled me inside and closed the door.

"Jack--" He silenced me with another kiss, causing us to fall on the couch.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, pulling up for air. "I'm sorry for everything. Sky, I can't do this anymore. I can't lie to you. I didn't go back home for my sister. She's fine, everybody in my family is fine. It's.. I went back home because of me." A tear slid down his cheek as he looked me in the eyes.

"Wait.. what?" I asked.

"I lied. I went back home because.. well because I'm the one that needed surgery."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dx

--Christa