Sequel: Unexpected Secrets

Familiar Faces in the Oddest Places

The Kiss

Alistar was my best friend’s brother. We always use to make fun of his name. When ever you tried to get a nickname from it they all made him sound like a girl. Ali, Alis, Star. Ali is a girl. Or course there was Al but to me that made him sound funny. He didn’t look like an Al.
Ali’s a girl name unless you think of it like Muhammad Ali. Alis sounds like Alice, which is defiantly a girl’s name, like Crazy Alice in Wonderland. Then Star which sounds like the code name for a stripper or prostitute. So we normally called him Alistar and only shorten it to piss him off.
Every time I go over to Sasha’s house I’m always on the lookout of her brother Alistar.

I’m not only friends with Sasha because I want to get with her brother even though it sounds like that. Sasha has always been there for me when I needed her. I couldn’t ask for a better friend and I’m always there for her, whenever she may need me.

Sasha and Sage. The two of us were inseparable. Sasha’s been my friend since seventh grade when her and her family first moved here. If it wasn’t for Sasha I would probably be a complete loner. Sasha has a cheery, warm personality and is always happy. I’m just plain, boring Sage. Sasha makes my life exciting.

Alistar in my opinion was good looking. I mean he was no model but he was okay to look at. He didn’t make my eyes bleed, burn, or anything. I didn’t have a lot of experience when it came to guys. Alistar was one of the few that I ever even talked too. There were few people over all that I even talked too. Sasha and Alistar happen to be one of them.

I was over at Sasha’s house one day when weird things started happening. It was just like any other day that I had been over at her house. Sasha had gone downstairs to get some snacks and I was sitting on her bed watching TV waiting for her to return. Alistar then came into the room. So far nothing was out of the ordinary.

“Hey, Sage. Where’s Sasha?” He asked looking around the room.

“She’s downstairs getting food.”

“Oh. Hey, you should come in my room. I just got this new CD that I think you’ll like.”

“Oh yeah and how can you be sure that I’ll like it?”

“Because we have the same taste in music and this CD has now become one of my favorites.” It was true spending most of my time over here I’d learn that one thing me and Alistar had in common was music. It was almost freaky how every song I’d ever heard coming from his room I could recognize and sing along to. So I decided to go see this new CD. If it was Alistar’s favorites I was sure to love it too.

So I got up off the bed and headed out the door with him to his room. “Let’s see if this CD is as good as you say it is.” I said stepping inside his room and plopping down on his unmade bed.

He started digging through his CD collection trying to find the CD. A few seconds later and the music was filling the whole room with its melody. I’m not sure how but the next thing I know is when the whole thing gets weird.

I’ve been in Alistar’s room before and I’ve listened to music with him in his room before but I’d never kissed him in his room while listening to music before. Hell I’ve never even kissed a guy before. So imagine my shock when out of no where his lips come lightly ever so slowly crashing onto mine sucking me in with magical abilities. If the whole thing wasn’t screwed up enough and weird as it was. We continued kissing neither one of us stopping it until Sasha suddenly burst through the door.

“Sage? What are you doing in… What the hell?” We both pulled apart from each other as my best friend burst through the door and the reality of what just happened filled my head. I HAD JUST KISSED MY BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER!

“Come with me, now!” Sasha grabbed my arm and started pulling me out of her brother’s room.

Alistar just smiled as he watched me being dragged away. Sasha didn’t say anything else until we were inside her room and she had slammed and locked the door shut.

“What the hell just happened? I went downstairs to get some snacks and I come back to find you with your tongue down my brother’s throat.” She ranted to me.

“I don’t know what happened. I just went in there to listen to this new CD he got and the next thing I know he started kissing me.”

“Oh my gosh. Alistar kissed you. Wait till I get my hands on him.” She wondered off in deep thought. Then snapped out of it. “So how was your first kiss with my brother?”

I blushed red. “I don’t know.”

“Come on. This is big,” she exclaimed.

“No it’s not, it was just a kiss.”

“Correction it was just your first kiss with Alistar. That is big! So tell me. I don’t care if he is my brother. I need details of my best friend’s first kiss.”

“Isn’t it weird though? I mean he’s your brother and he just out of the blue kisses me. What’s up with that?”

“What’s up with that? He obviously likes you why else would he kiss you? I have no problem with you and Alistar being together as long as it’s what you guys want. Besides you never had a boyfriend before and who better than Ali,” she said teasingly.

“But he’s your brother. Isn’t there some rule about that or something?”

“There’s a rule about dating your best friend’s brother but Alistar’s not my brother. “ I gave him an incredulous look. “He’s my step brother.”

“What?! Alistar’s not your brother,” I shouted.

“Yeah. Didn’t you know that?”

“No. Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t I know this?” I mean how could I not know that my Alistar was Sasha’s step brother not he real brother.

“I thought you did. I mean me and my mom moved here in seventh grade because it’s where Alistar’s dad lives. I thought you knew that. Alistar’s always lived in this town.”

“He did? You mean he didn’t move here in seventh grade.”

“No.”

“Oh. I didn’t know that.”

Now that I thought about it there was something familiar being around Alistar.

“Sometimes I wonder about you Sage. You’re supposed to be wise.”

“Yeah. Whatever.”

“There might be rules about dating your stepbrother and your best friend’s brother but there’s nothing about your best friend’s stepbrother. So as far as I’m concerned, I have no problem if you want to date Alistar.”

“Like Alistar would ever want to date me anyways.”

“He kissed you didn’t he?”

“Just because you caught us kissing doesn’t mean that I like him or he likes me. Sometimes people just kiss.”

“Fine. New subject. So no matter how I try I swear Mrs. Smith is out to get me. I haven’t even done anything.”

“Maybe that’s the problem you should try doing your homework.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm new to this so let me know if I do anything wrong.