Sequel: Unexpected Secrets

Familiar Faces in the Oddest Places

Afraid of Rejection

“Let’s watch a movie,” Sasha said when we put our stuff from the mall away.

“I’m going over to Trey’s house. See you guys later.” Alistar went back out to his car and headed over to his best friend, Trey’s, house.

“I can’t believe you,” I said as I looked over at Sasha, who had gone all starry eyed.

“What?” Sasha asked snapping out of it.

“Now somebody can’t even mention his name without you going all gaga. When are you and Trey ever going to get together?”

“About the same time you and Alistar will ever get together. Besides I can’t go out with Trey, he’s Alistar’s best friend.”

“So what? It’s like you said to me there might be a rule about dating your brother’s best friend but there’s no rule about dating your step-brother’s best friend right? And even if there was, you and Trey were made for each other; it’s almost kind of freaky.”

Trey and Sasha have been friends for awhile since she came here the only problem with that was that he was already best friends with Alistar. Sasha and Trey flirt ever time their in the same room; it amazes me how their still not together. She has a problem being with him because he’s Ali’s friend but she has no problem flirting with him. Their the kind of people that can just read each other’s mind and knows exactly what the other is thinking.

“Why do guys have to be so complicated? They can’t just ask us out already,” Sasha complained while starting the movie.

“I know.”

“So you want Alistar to ask you out?” Sasha asked.

“Well, yeah, I mean don’t you want Trey to ask you out?”

“Of course. So if they aren’t going to ask us out why don’t we ask them out?”

“Because what if he says no.” I was not going to get rejected and be afraid to show my face in front of Alistar again.

“Then you move on. Let’s make a deal the next time you see Alistar you ask him out and the next time I see Trey I’ll ask him out.”

“I don’t know,” I replied reluctantly.

“Come on Sage don’t be such a coward,” Sasha begged.

“Alright. You have to ask Trey before I ask Ali. After you ask Trey and if and only if he says yes, which I’m sure he will, then I’ll ask Alistar. Okay?”

“Deal.” The movie had begun and we watched and enjoyed it. When the credits were rolling Alistar came back with Trey.

I nudged Sasha and whispered, “Here’s your chance.”

“Hey, Trey,” Sasha greeted.

“Hey, Sash.” Trey plopped down on the couch beside her slinging his arm behind her. “How’s my favorite person in the world?”

“How would I know how you are?” Sasha said smiling up at him.

“Very funny. I was talking about you. I don’t have that big of an ego.”

“I’m great and you do have that big of an ego, just like Ali. Which reminds me, Alistar could go get me a drink from the kitchen?” Sasha asked.

“Why don’t you ask Trey to? I’m sure he’d love to get one for you,” Alistar asked.

“Because I asked you to now go.” Sasha shooed him away. As he started to leave, I followed to give Sash some time to talk to Trey and ask him out.

“She just wanted me out of the room, right?” Alistar asked when we got to the kitchen.

“Yup.” I jumped onto the counter, my favorite spot to sit in any kitchen, and faced Alistar. “You wouldn’t have a problem with Sasha dating Trey would you?” I was curious to how Alistar would see the situation.

“The way I see it, is that Sasha should be allowed to date whoever she wants. It’s not for me to decide. We both knew it’s going to happen sooner or later and I’ll be happy for them when it does.”

“That’s a good way to see it. Especially since she’s asking him out right now.”

“Really?” Alistar questioned.

“Yeah, that’s why we were both shooed out of the room.” Alistar came up to me, placing his hands on both sides of my legs.

“Well, I think that’s just great,” Alistar replied. We were looking each other in the eyes and when he smiled at me I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Yeah, me too.” It was the strangest thing how our faces just got closer and closer together. I had no control over what I was doing. I was wondering what he was thinking right before our lips came together just lightly touching one another before we pulled away. A small smile found its way onto my lips.

Then Sasha and Trey came into the kitchen all smiles themselves and holding hands. Alistar moved to stand beside me leaning back onto the counter.

“So we are now officially together,” Sasha announced.

“That’s so awesome,” I exclaimed.

“Yeah, congratulations guys.” Alistar gave Trey a shake into a one arm hug.

“Thanks man. So you’re cool with this right?” Trey asked Alistar.

“Yeah, it’s fine by me.”

We all hung out in the kitchen together, joking around. Before Alistar and Trey went to his room and Sasha and I went to her room.

Once we were safely in Sasha’s room with the door closed I said, “So you asked Trey and he said yes?”

“Yeah. You know what that means. You have to ask Alistar.” She squealed in delight.

“I know I said I would but…” I trailed off not wanting to get yelled at but I did anyways.

“Sage you have to ask Alistar out, that was part of the deal.”

“It’s not that easy. I’m not sure that Alistar will say yes. I can’t do it. I just can’t.”

“I only made the deal so we both could be happy. He might say yes. You’ll never know until you try. And if he says no I’ll beat the crap out of him for you.” I gave Sasha a smile.

“I still can’t do it.”

“I get it.” We hung out for about an hour before I had to go home.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school,” I said as I left to walk home.

“See ya.”

--
As soon as Sage left Sasha went storming upstairs on a mission. She burst through Alistar’s bedroom.

“Trey,” Sash said in a sweet voice while batting her eyelashes. “Could you give me a couple minutes to talk to my stupid brother?”

“Sure. I actually have to leave anyways. Bye.” Trey got up. As he passed Sasha he gave her a quick kiss before leaving the house.

“What did I do now?” Alistar questioned.

“You’re an idiot.” She slapped him on his chest.

“Why am I the idiot?”

“I think you know. Why don’t you man up already and ask Sage out?”

“Why would I ask Sage out?” Alistar said uninterested and acting like he didn’t care.

“That’s what makes you an idiot, right there,” she screamed pointing at him. “We both know you’ve been kissing her.”

“So. Just because I kiss her—” Sasha interrupted, “Yeah yeah. I know. Doesn’t mean that you like her or want to be with her… blah blah blah. Sage fed me the same bull crap.”

“See.”

“Yeah, except, I know you’ve liked Sage since kindergarten. So don’t give me that bullshit about not liking her.” Alistar wished he had never told Sasha about that in the first place.

“Okay so I like her but that doesn’t mean she likes me. She doesn’t even remember me, she thought I was your real brother,” Alistar said upset.

“Sage is oblivious. You know that. Besides you changed your look a lot since then. You dyed your blonde hair black, that’s a big change. Sage would never realize that you were the little Al, she insulted all those years ago.”

“She still should have recognized my name. I mean Al, Alistar.”

“It’s Sage. And I know for a fact that she likes you. So ask her out before she goes insane,” Sasha pleaded.

“Are you sure she likes me?” Alistar had to make sure that this was for real. He wasn’t going to ask the girl of his dreams out and get rejected.

“I’m one million percent sure. So go for it or I’ll have to kill you.”

“Okay I will.” Sasha proud with her work left Alistar to figure out exactly how and when he was going to ask Sage out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if there is anyway that I could improve it, thanks.