Sequel: Unexpected Secrets

Familiar Faces in the Oddest Places

Chicken

The rest of the week wasn’t quite as suck-ish as Monday was. Alistar and Sasha seemed to be fighting about something as I walked to my locker and they were both standing there.

“Hi,” I said as I turned in my combination. I figured they weren’t arguing about anything too important, just sibling stuff. I pulled the handle to my locker up and it stuck. “Come on,” I mumbled. After I gave it another tug it, fortunately, opened.

“Hi,” they both replied. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Sasha giving him a glare.

“You guys fight too much. You act so much like brother and sister.” I grabbed what I needed from my locker before closing it and turning to face them.

“It’s not my fault Alistar is being stupid.” She smacked his arm.

“I’m not being stupid, okay? So get off my back.”

“Fine,” Sasha huffed. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Bye,” I said as she left glaring at Alistar.

“What are you guys fighting about?” I questioned as we started walking.

“Nothing.” He avoided looking in my eyes. “Uh, actually we were.” He stopped. “She wanted
me to…never mind. It was nothing.”

“Okay,” I replied hesitantly, “if you say so.”

“I’ll see you at lunch.” He said as we came to the hallway were we went our separate ways.

“Yeah, see ya.”
--

Only Sasha was at the lunch table when I went to sit down.

“So anything exciting or new happen?” She questioned seeming hopeful.

“Nope, nothing out of the ordinary. What about you?”

“Nothing. Except that I can’t wait for this day to be over with so I can have my date with Trey.”

“I almost forgot you were going on today. This week seemed to drag on,” I groaned.

“Well the good news is that this week is now over with,” Sasha said with glee. “Oh and you have to come over tonight to help me pick out my outfit.”

The truth was that Sasha could pick a way better outfit than I ever could in a million years but it’s always nice to have someone there to tell you that you look alright. So I said, “Sure, what time?”

“Well he’s picking me up at seven so come around five-ish.”

“Five it is,” as I stated this Alistar walked up to the table and took a seat beside me.

“What’s at five?” he asked.

Sasha glared at him before replying, “Sage is coming over to help me pick out an outfit to wear for my date with Trey.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, I’m going on a date with Trey because he asked me,” Sasha sneered at Alistar.

“Didn’t you ask Trey?” I questioned which for some reason caused Alistar to laugh and
Sasha to give me a look.

“Yeah, you asked him. He didn’t ask you,” Alistar stated proudly.

“Yeah, well, he should have asked me. Maybe then he wouldn’t have been such a chicken,”
Sasha emphasized.

“I’m not a chicken,” Trey defended as he walked up to the table to sit next to Sasha. Sasha leaned in to give him a kiss on his cheek while she whispered something I couldn’t hear in his ear.

Sasha and Alistar were obviously still fighting over something, maybe it was Trey? That seemed to make the most sense in my mind. Maybe Alistar wasn’t as cool with Sasha dating him as he said he was. Lunch ended with Trey telling Sasha how much he was looking forward to their date, them sharing a goodbye kiss, Sasha glaring at Alistar, and then Sasha and me walking off to our class.

By the end of the day I just wanted to shout out finally! as this week was over with. I got a ride with Alistar and Sasha. Sasha reminded me that I had to be at her house to help pick out her outfit for her date with Trey as soon as I got in.

“I know. I’ll be there. What kind of best friend would I be if I didn’t? Don’t worry,” I assured.

They dropped me off at my house and waved goodbye as they drove off to their own house.
--

They had just dropped Sage off at her house after school and Sasha thought this was the perfect moment to talk to Alistar about her new plan.

“You’re an idiot,” Sasha stated.

“I know, I’m going to ask her soon.”

“Soon, soon, soon. You keep saying that but you haven’t asked her out yet. You’re a big fat chicken.”

“I promise I’ll do it soo—.”

“No,” Sasha cut him off, “You’re not going to do it soon, obviously, by yourself. So I’m going to help you.” Sasha beamed with the thought of her great idea.

“How?” Alistar took a quick glance at Sasha in the rearview mirror.

“Sage is coming over tonight to help me pick out an outfit. Nobody else will be home. So after she’s done helping me and I leave for my date, I’ll make sure Sage stays there. I’ll tell her right before I leave that she needs to go in your room to get something that she left here. It’ll just be the two of you. Then you can tell her that you like her and ask her out. It’ll be the perfect moment. You can’t chicken out.”

“I won’t chicken out. It’s not a bad plan,” Alistar complimented.

“Thanks, and you better not chicken out. I want you two to be happy and you can’t do that if you never have the balls to get together. It’s like you’re living in some drama. Suck it up all ready and ask her. So are we clear with the plan?”

“Crystal.”
--

I arrived at Sasha’s house at five o’ five. I was quickly whisked up to her room where she had assembled a combination of different outfits on her bed.

“So these are all appropriate choices for where we’re going. Which one should I wear?” Sasha asked.

“Where are you guys going?” I looked over the three outfits that were laid out on the bed.

“I think just your typical dinner and movie. It’s just the first date, nothing big.” Susie shrugged.
I picked up one of the outfits. “You defiantly don’t want to wear this.”

Sasha looked it over before replying, “I don’t know how that got there. I must have been a little too excited when I picked that.” She discarded the outfit onto the floor. “So the one on the left or the one on the right?”

]“I like the one on the right better.” I pointed to the one on the right.

“Hmm…” Sasha looked at the one I picked before picking it up. She smiled and then threw it on the floor with the first outfit. “The one on the left it is.”

I just shook my head, smiling. I figured she would completely disregard my comment. I was use to this.

“Good choice,” I complimented as Sasha went to go change in the bathroom down the hall. When she came back she looked great in the outfit that she picked.

Next thing was her makeup and hair. I wasn’t all that talented with putting makeup on other people, so Sasha did that herself.

I was mostly there for moral support. She fixed her hair as I turned on the TV, I watched some pointless show until Sasha was done.

By the time the TV show ended Sasha was done. “How do I look?” She stood up and twirled around.

“You look great, Trey’s going to love it.”

She giggled and gave me hug. “Thank you so much for coming over to help me.”

“You’re welcome. You have to tell me all about it tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay.” The door bell rang from downstairs. “That’s for me.” She went out the door and I followed her. “Oh, yeah. I almost forgot you need to go to Alistar’s room. He has something
for you.”

“What?”

“Just go to Ali’s room. Trust me.” She winked at me before she ran downstairs to Trey leaving me confused. What would Alistar have for me? I figured I’d never find out unless I went to his room. I walked to the end of the hallway to his room.

His door was opened so I walked in, he was laying on the bed flipping through some magazine. “Umm…” Alistar’s head lifted up to meet mine, a smile on his face. “Sasha told me you had something for me,” I asked uncertainly.

“Yeah.” He got up off the bed and came toward me. The next thing I know my back’s up against the wall and his lips are attacking mine. As the kiss intensified I looped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. His hands securely holding onto my waist. Soon I had to pull away to catch my breath. His forehead leaned against mine as his hands came to rest on the wall on either side of my head.

“So is that the something you wanted to give me or..” I trailed off breathless.

“It’s part of it.” His eyes closed and he opened them pulling his face away a bit so he could look into my eyes better. He sighed. “I really like you, Sage.”

My heart was beating a million times per second. “Really?” I squeaked. He laughed.

“Really. Would you go out on a date with me?” I couldn’t believe he finally asked me out. I was so happy that I grabbed his face and kissed him again. He chuckled as I pulled away. “As much as I enjoyed that kiss, is that a yes or a no?”

“Are you kidding me? It’s absolutely a no.” His face fell.

“No?” he whispered. I smiled at him which quickly caused a smile to return to his face.

“How quickly your ego fell with one simple word. Of course I’ll go out on a date with you. I’ve only been waiting for this to happen since forever.”

“Don’t mess with me like that. I thought Sasha had been wrong.” Relief clear on his face along with the happiness that I had said yes.

“Wait, Sasha?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Yeah, she told me that you liked me and I should ask you out but I wasn’t sure,” he
explained.

“Sasha told you that I like you and to ask me out and it took you this long to do it.

Everything clicked together in my head. “Is that what you guys were arguing about?”

“Yeah. I just had to find the right moment.”

“Well I’m glad now is the right moment.”
--

I ended up joining him on his bed as we talked about his CD’s and other things. It was almost like a date, an unofficial one. He was laying on his back facing the ceiling. I was too until I turned on my side to look at him. He was wearing sweatpants and a loose white t-shirt. His black hair was in a messy style that I couldn’t be sure if it was purposely styled that way. He must have felt my eyes on him because he turned to face me. His brown eyes came to meet mine and I melted in to them. Mesmerized by them, something so familiar lay within them. I don’t know what it was but something about them just made me comfortable.

“You just can’t keep your eyes off of me can you,” Alistar joked.

“No, you’re just too good looking,” I said sarcastically.

He leaned closer and whispered, “I know.” Then he placed a small, sweet kiss on my lips.
We ended up listening to ‘the’ CD which had been playing when we first kissed and in the car the day we went to the mall. I didn’t really get to listen to the whole CD because sometime after the first couple songs, I fell asleep.
--

Sasha had just gotten home from her date with Trey. It was only ten o’ clock, so she figured she’d go ask Alistar if he asked Sage out. She made her way upstairs seeing Alistar’s door opened and music drifting out, she figured he was still awake but when she looked inside she found both Alistar and Sage laying next to each other in his bed. They were both facing each other, Alistar’s arm slung loosely on her waist. She chuckled to herself before waking them up.

“Hey, Alistar,” she shouted, causing the two on the bed to stir.
--

Shouting caused me to wake from the sleep that I had fallen into. At first I was confused until I remembered that I had never left Alistar’s bed. The next thing I noticed was Sasha with a grin spread across her face.

“So are you guys together or are you just sleeping with each other?”

Alistar, I noticed, had been sleeping with me as he was now rubbing his eyes. At Sasha’s comment I blushed and that’s when I noticed Alistar’s hand touching my waist which only caused my face to heat up more.

Once he noticed it, he only smirked before removing it. He sat up along with me and brought me to sit between his legs his hand going back around my waist. I leant against his chest.

“So did the idiot finally ask you out?” Sasha questioned me.

“Yeah, the idiot asked me out.”

“Hey,” Alistar said defensively, “I am not an idiot.”

“It’s too bad you’re going out with an idiot, Sage.” Sasha shook her head. “My brother of all people,” she joked.

“I don’t know, I kind of like the idiot,” I admitted.

“See, she likes me.” Alistar wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me.

“I see that, now I need to take my best friend. Quickly so I can examine her brain and figure
out why she likes you.” Sasha came up to me and pulled me out of Alistar’s grip.

“See ya, Alistar,” I yelled as I let Sasha drag me back to her room.

“Good night, girls.”
--

“So spill. Why were you sleeping with Alistar?” Sasha asked excitedly.

“It’s not that interesting we just fell asleep listening to some music,” I explained.

“Boring. You spending the night?”

“Yeah.” Sasha always let me sleep over and her parents never minded. My parents already
knew that if I didn’t come home on the weekends it was because I was spending it at
Sasha’s house. Of course I could be anywhere, doing anything, and my parents would think I was at Sasha’s.

“Good, so we have all night to fill each other in. You first.” We sat down on her bed.

“You left. I went to Alistar’s room to get something.” Sasha giggled. “So I go in his room and
he pushes me against the wall, kisses me, tells me he likes me, and asks me out. We
talked and listened to music and fell asleep. Then you came home and found us.”

“I can’t believe you and Alistar are together now.” She sighed dreamily. “It’s perfect. You’re with Ali and I’m with Trey.”

“Speaking of Trey… How did the date go?”

She stared off probably reliving the night. “It was fantastic.” I expected her to go into more detail. Knowing Sasha she would tell me every detail that happened tonight but that all she said about the night. It was fantastic.

“That’s it just fantastic. Where’d you go, what happened?” I was curious about her first date with Trey.

“We just went to dinner and a movie, nothing big, but it was fantastic.” She sighed again.

I didn’t pry any farther.

There was a knock from the door.

“Go away,” Sasha shouted. Instead of listening to her Alistar opened the door.

“You just had to come in here to show off.” Sasha rolled her eyes.

“No, for your information, I’m not tired now. I’m bored.”

“That’s not our problem,” Sasha stated.

“Yeah it is. Let’s go do something.”

“It’s ten thirty at night. What are we going to do at ten thirty at night?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Alistar shrugged. “But I need to do something.”

“Fine.” Sasha rolled her eyes. “Let’s go.”

I followed Sasha and Alistar out the door into the dark night going who knows where, to do who knows what.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some odd reason for one scene in this chapter I accidently wrote a different name for Sasha so if i didn't catch it when I edited let me know.