Someone To Save Me

EPIC!

“Sid” I said groggily as he pulled my body closer to his. It’s over halfway through the season, and things are going well. Wedding plans are in full swing being helped a lot by Trina and Charlie. “It’s too early for you to be this turned on” I said softly turning around to face him.

“It’s never too early Katie” he replied kissing along my jaw line making me giggle. Suddenly my head feels dizzy and my skin clammy with a slight bit of nausea building in the pit of my stomach. “Katie? You alright?” he asked when I sat up my hand on my head. A ringing in my ears grew louder until I couldn’t hear him asking me questions and my vision became clouded.

When I came to there was a blinding fluorescent light shining in my eyes and a steady beeping noise surrounding me.

“Sid” I said in a raspy voice.

“Hey baby” he said smiling down at me.

“What happened?”

“They said you’re really dehydrated sweetie” he replied taking a hold of my hand. “Were you planning on telling me . . .”

“Telling you what Sid?” I asked confused.

“That you’re pregnant.”

“Funny Sid I’m not pregnant” I said with a laugh. “I can’t be pregnant, we’re crazy careful and I’m on birth control.”

“No, you are . . .”

“No, I think I’d know if I was pregnant” I reiterated.

“Katie, we’re having a baby” he said with a small smile.

“What?”

“They’re sending down someone in OB do see how things are” he elaborated still with a smile on his face. There was a knock on the door and in walked a very attractive man in a lab coat holding what I’m guessing was my chart and pulling a machine along with him.

“Ms. O’Callaghan?”

“Yes.”

“I’m Doctor Sheppard.” Dr, Sheppard, just like on Grey’s. And just like on the TV show he was for sure hot as hell. “I’m just going to see how things are progressing with the pregnancy, and then we’ll get you a ultrasound. You must be the father” he said looking over at Sid. “Mr. Crosby, I’m a huge fan.”

“Thanks” Sid replied a little irritated probably because this impossibly handsome doctor was going to be spending some time where only he was privy to.

“So, your chart says that you’re on some form of contraception.”

“Yea, I take it religiously. Hence my surprise when my fiancé said that we were pregnant.”

“Well your blood work says that you are in fact pregnant” he said with a smile before pulling the machine closer to the bed - moving stuff around by my feet before instructing me to put my feet in the stirrups. A few minutes later, after he did a thorough exam he cleaned up and sat on the stool next to my bed smiling. “You look to be about 6 weeks along. From what I can tell everything looks to be going well.”

“All-star weekend” Sid said with a smirk obviously thinking back to the extracurricular activities we participated in. There were a few times that we left it up to just the one mode of birth control, in the heat of the moment sort of thing.

“Well do you want to see your baby?” Dr. Sheppard said clearing his throat slightly, trying to cover his slight laugh.

“Yes” I said firmly, shaking my head at them both. Men.

“Alright then.” He lifted up my gown and squirted a jelly on my stomach making me jump slightly. “Sorry it’s cold.”

“No shit” I said sarcastically as he pressed the contraption firmly into my gut. Geeze, is that much pressure necessary? I mean really directly on the bladder. The sound of a heartbeat filled the room and my attention turned from internally bitching out the hot doctor to Sid and back to the source of the sound.

“There they are” he said softly pointing to the peanut shaped blob that appeared on the screen. “There is your baby.” Instantly tears filled my eyes as I looked at the life Sid and I made together, although completely unexpected it was incredible none the less. He printed off a couple pictures and handed them to Sid before cleaning my stomach. Sid just stands there at my side looking down at the black and white photographs. “Well I’ll leave you two alone for a bit, and then I’ll come back and we’ll chat about what to expect” he said smiling before walking out of the room.

“Holy shit” I said under my breath.

“We’re having a baby” Sid said finally looking up from the picture, his eyes locked with mine before bending down and kissing me firmly. “It looks like a peanut.”

“We are having a baby. Your mom is going to freak, oh dear and Nonie she’s going to castrate you” I said thinking about how our families are going to react.

“My mom has been asking for grandkids since I asked you to marry me” he said sitting on the bed facing me. “And Nonie, well deep down she loves me and wants a crap load of great-grand babies.”

“You’re right Nonie does love you.”

“We did this” he said placing his large hand on my abdomen. “It may not have been what we’ve planned to happen now but we made this Katie.”

“You know for a big tough hockey player you sure are a softy” I said placing a hand on the side of his face.

A mere 3 hours later Sid and I were back at the apartment, he missed an optional practice - something he never did, ever. We sat on the couch me with a giant thing of Gatorade and the pictures held firmly in my hands. There was a knock on our door as he handed me the plate of food he put together before going to answer it.

“Hey is everything alright Kris said that you weren’t at practice . . .” Janie said frantically walking with Sid back into the living room.

“Yea, everything is alright. I was just dehydrated” I smiled up at her.

“Oh thank God. I thought something horrible happened” she said sitting next to me. “So, other than coming to see if you were alright, I have news.”

“Oh?”

“Big news. Huge. Life changing even.”

“What is it Janie?” I asked as she went to get something from her purse.

“Kris and I are having a baby!” she shouted pulling out her own set of black and white photos.

“That’s amazing!” I said tearing up.

“Don’t cry, you can’t cry around a hormonal woman” she said her eyes watery.

“Sorry I can’t help it! Janie this is so huge! How far?”

“Just under 3 months. We’ve been sitting on this for a while and I seriously had to tell you I couldn’t wait any longer.”

“Sid can I tell her please!?!” I practically begged when he walked back into the living room.

“I guess if you want to baby.”

“Tell me what?”

“Well this morning I ended up in the hospital and they made a tiny discovery. It seems like there might be something in the water at the arena” I said holding up the pictures of our baby.

“No way!”

“That’s what I was thinking especially with our being super conscious about protection.”

“Oh my! THIS IS EPIC!” Janie squealed. “I can’t believe we’re both having babies!”

“I’m still trying to wrap my head around it” I said smiling at Sid.

“Baby you need to hydrate” he said pointing towards the bottle.

“You look awful” Janie said standing up. “I’m going to go so you can rest and get better, baby Crosby needs their mommy to be healthy.”

“Baby Crosby” I smiled sighing happily. “There won’t be any gay rumors when the kid comes out with huge lips and a huge ass.”

“Hey now!” he said defensively.

“Bye Janie” I said as she kissed my forehead in a sisterly manner before walking out the door. “I was kidding Sidney, you know that I love your lips and ass. Lots.”

“Damn straight. This ass is all muscle” he winked before pulling me onto his lap. “You need to hydrate Katie.”

“I know, but I can’t drink this much. My bladder will explode” I replied.

“You should still drink though” he said running his hand through my hair.

“You’re not going to be that overprotective father are you?” I asked snuggling closer to him.

“Maybe we’ll see” he said with an audible smile. “I’m going to be a dad.”

“You’re going to be a great dad Sid” I said kissing his neck. “Did you at least tell coach that you weren’t going to be at practice today?”

“Yea, I called him and let him know. I told him the love of my life was in the hospital and I had to be there with her. But that was before they told me about the baby.” One of his hands slid down to my belly resting protectively on our baby. “You know what the best part of this is, at least for a few more months.”

“What’s the best part Sid?”

“We don’t have to worry about being careful since you’re already knocked up.”

“Funny, except now I’m going to be huge at our wedding.”

“You’ll only be like 4 months by then, you won’t be huge. You will however be stunning, there’s no possible way that you couldn’t be.”

“You trying to get some Sid. I know this morning you were ready to go” I said with a wink. “You know that pregnant women supposedly . . .”

“Want sex all the time” he said with a smile. “I’m pretty sure that would explain you jumping my bones every time I walk in the door.”

“Shut up” I said feeling my face warm up instantly. “I can’t help that I find your insanely toned legs and ass sexy, but now add the hormones and I’m not going to be able to control myself. You’re going to be getting work outs all the time” I added with a wink.

“I have a feeling I’ll be perfectly ok with that, but for right now, you need to rest and hydrate.”

“Ok, ok geesh”” I replied downing part of the Gatorade before settling comfortably into him. We turned on the TV and soon I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where is everyone? I was expecting some kind of reaction but I get nada.

Hopefully this chapter was a little more inspiring?

Comment Please! =)