Someone To Save Me

Hey Jealousy.

“Sid, you’re going to be late for your pre-game stuff” she said running her fingers through my hair. “You can’t mess with a good thing. Especially this far into play offs.”

“I know” I groaned pulling her towards me - her tiny baby bump pressed against my abdomen. “You’re coming later right?”

“Yes, we wouldn’t miss it” she said looking down as her stomach. “Vero’s going to pick me up on her way in and I’ll just ride home with you afterwards.”

“Good.”

“GO! You’re going to rush through everything and it will be half-assed and I will not be blamed for your lack of focus” she said pushing me slightly.

“Alright already” I said stretching in our bed. My pre-game nap had been shortened substantially when I walked in to see her wearing just my dress shirt. “Besides they’ll blame you when they catch wind of how much you like to take away from my pre-game nap.”

“Hey now! Don’t blame me! Maybe if you didn’t work out so much and if you weren’t completely ripped I wouldn’t be so damn turned on all the time. This” she points to her belly, “is your fault too! I didn’t get pregnant by myself mister!”

“Damn straight” I said jumping on top of her, pinning her to the bed. Her chest heaving as she smiled up at me. “You’re mine, this baby is mine. Mine, mine, mine!”

“Yours?” I smile down at her knowing that she loved when I got a little greedy and possessive about her and the baby in the heat of the moment. She is so insanely beautiful, her long golden brown hair pooling around her, her face flushed a delicate shade of pink, her skin had a slight sheen from the intense and passionate hours we spent together earlier this afternoon. “Go already Sid” she said laughing hiding her face under her arms. “Just go, before you’re even later than you already are.”

“Ok, I’m going . . .” I said slowly crawling off of her. I got dressed in my suit and stuffed my wallet and keys into the pockets before giving her a slow tender kiss. “I’ll see you in a few hours baby.”

“Love you” she said pulling the same dress shirt back on from earlier.

“Love you too.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Seriously can you believe that he would want that?”

“I don’t know why, I mean look at her she’s short and fat.”

“I know, she’s not pretty at all, and look at her pasty white skin. Gross. She seriously looks ill.”

I heard two girls saying a few seats down from where I sat watching Sid skate on to the ice after the 3-2 overtime win giving the boys their deserved spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

Normally I would just brush the comments off without giving them another thought but part of me thought they were right. I am short and I sure as hell am no size zero. I can’t hold a tan to save my life, and honestly I feel like he could do a whole lot better than me. Sid is undeniably one of the hottest guys in Hockey, he could have anyone he wanted and he somehow got stuck with me, and in a few months a baby. I was saddling him with a wife in less than a month and a kid soon after. I sure to everyone it looked like I tricked him in to this marriage by getting pregnant, and that I was just using him.

“Don’t listen to them” Vero said rubbing my back. “They’re just jealous.”

“But they’re right V.”

“No they’re not. You’re a vivacious, and gorgeous woman who stole Sid’s heart the moment you called him out. You’re going to get married in 3 weeks and spend the rest of your lives together having tons and tons of adorable hazel eyed bronze haired carbon copies of yourselves. And he wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“But . . .”

“No buts. Have you seen the way he looks at you. You’re all that matters to him. I’m beginning to think that you out rank hockey at this point. That boy is so head over heels in love with you its near sickening.”

“But what if a year from now when the baby comes he realizes what he’s really gotten himself into? That our simple life is over and he’s nailed down with a wife and kid? When he realizes the extent of the damage having kids does to your body and I’m not the same girl anymore?” I said letting my emotions get the best of me.

“Really Katie. Are you really saying this all right now?”

“I know it sounds ridiculous but seriously V.”

“That boy knows what he wants and goes after it full force. Marc told me what he was like that first week you two met and then what he was like after you left. Not only that but every time he talked to you. He wouldn’t have proposed if he didn’t want to be with you forever” she said with a smile. “You’re not fat, those bitches are just jealous that you’re caring the savior of hockey’s kid!”

I smiled and stood up sighing slightly before we made our way to the locker room.

“Katie!” Sid yelled running over to me lifting me up in his arms. “What’s wrong baby?” he asked noticing my not so enthusiastic grin.

“Stupid puck sluts” Vero said before walking over to Flower.

“What about them?” he asked concerned.

“They were just talking . . .”

“About?”

“How I’m not good enough for you” I said quietly.

“Well that’s the biggest load of crap I’ve ever heard. You’re more that good enough, actually more like too good for me. If you weren’t good enough for me do you think I would have asked you to marry me? Would we even be together, having a baby? I’m marrying you, Katie, in a few weeks I’m going to marry you. And we’re going to have a brood of brown haired hazel eyed kids.”

“A brood? Are you planning on carrying a few of these children because that’s a whole hell of a lot of pain” I said sliding my hands up his chest.

“No, not really capable of doing that baby” he replied kissing my forehead tenderly. “How many times do I have to tell you that girls are going to be bitches about us together? They’re jealous of you. You’re marrying me and we’re having a baby.”

“Baby that sounded a bit conceited. But totally true. Stupid bitches” I said smiling up at him.

“Hey Sid, you two going out with us?” Max asked from the door.

“No” Sid said loudly not taking his eyes off of me as he ran a hand up my side slowly. “We’re going home.”

“Just don’t knock her up . . . Oh wait.”

“MAX TALBOT I WILL KICK YOUR ASS!” I shouted giving him my best ‘don’t mess with me’ look. He held up his hands in surrender before walking away from us.

“Our kids will never get away with anything will they?”

“Probably not. Now get your gear so we can go home, we’re wasting valuable time here Sid.”

“Oh” he said wiggling his brows.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? =)