Someone To Save Me

I Liked You Better In Pitt.

5 days down 2 to go. Sid and I talked every day and every night and I can honestly say that I’m falling for him more and more each day. We were in Minnesota for the night before we went to Detroit ending the week back in Chicago and for the first time all week I agreed to go out to dinner with a large group of the guys. It was a dressy place for Minnesota, so I wore my classic little black dress with a pair of electric blue heels and my hair down in its natural ringlets. I grabbed my pea coat and met the guys in the hotel lobby.

“Damn” Kaner said as soon as I was in the vicinity.

“If Kaner is going to make inappropriate comments all night I’ll just order room service and watch the Pens game” I said pointing back to the elevator.

“Shut up so she’ll actually join us for once” Sharp said smacking him on the back of the head. “It would be nice to break up the sausage fest for one night.” I laughed shaking my head walking past them to catch up with Towes and the other guys.

Once at the restaurant we ordered drinks and we’re looking at the menu when my phone went off.

New Message- Sid: I hope you have fun tonight. I miss you and wish you could be here tonight to cheer me on.

Reply- Sid: I miss you too, and don’t worry I’m sending all my positive energy in your direction. Good luck tonight Crosby. Tell the guys I said good luck too.

New Message- Sid: Thanks Katie.

Reply- Sid: Any time, now go do your pre-game stuff before you screw everything up.

New Message- Sid: Alright! Talk to you soon.

“Are you seriously texting him while you’re at dinner with us?”

“Yes Sharp I am, or I was. He has to go get ready for the game . . . Shit.”

“The game. Pittsburgh, well known, you won’t tell me who he is but you let Sid slip when he called one night before you left the locker room” he said leaning in so only I could hear him.

“Please don’t say anything. . .”

“Only if you verify that the guy is Sidney Crosby” he said even quieter.

“Yea, ok. Are you happy you figured it out.”

“Damn. Well tell him I said good luck.”

“Really? That’s all? You bug me the entire week and you’re just dropping it.”

“Yea, really.”

“Thanks.”

Reply- Sid: Sharp says good luck tonight.

New Message- Sid: Patrick Sharp?

Reply- Sid: Yep he figured it out.

New Message- Tell him thanks then. I’ll talk to you after the game alright.

Reply- Sid: Talk to you later Sid.

“He says thanks” I said before taking a large sip of my Long Island.

“What are you two talking about?” Hossa asked.

“How I liked you way better when you played in Pittsburgh” I said flatly. Sharp and Towes let out strained laughs. It was true I did like him better then, and thought he was a traitor when he left for Detroit, but it obviously wasn’t what we had been talking about. “Sorry” I shrugged. “I’ll always be a Pens girl Hossa.”

“You have no idea how much of a Pens girl she is “ Sharp said under his breath.

“Who invited her?” Hossa asked with a smile.

“I’m not about to sugar coat things pumpkin. I tell it how it is. And I liked you better in Pitt” I said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's shorter then the other chapters but I'm working on a section that I decided to add into the story, which I will hopefully get out for you soon!

Comment Please!