Vampire Eyes

Attempting Freedom

A shiver of cold runs through your body as you realize that your entire upper half of your body is bare, except for where your bra is. You roll your eyes in irritation as you start feeling around for your shirt. You finally find the cloth, but unfortunetly, it is torn down the middle. Quickly improvising your wrap it around your chest and fold it out so it covers as much of your body as it can. You securely tie it in the back, suddenly feeling like you have been degraded worse then you ever have before. You sigh heavily as you rub your arms and hands trying to warm yourself. You stand up and start pacing your cell as your mind whirls with ways for you to escape your prison. As you pace you hear a small clank everytime your foot hits a certain part of the floor. Intrigued by what it could be, you find the spot and stoop down to see why the ground is making noises. You find a small metal item to be on the floor. You flip it over several times in your hand as you start to feel it's edges. One end is very round and rather large, while the rest of it is skinny and has a jagged edge. Your eyes suddenly grow wide as your heart starts to race.
"Holy heaven it's freaking key!!!" You yell jumping up faster then a speeding bullet. You quickly cover your mouth with your hand, hoping that no one heard you shout. Harmin must have dropped it when we were fighting. You think, your entire body sizzling with joy. You immidietly race over to the metal bar wall and begin searching madly for a key hole. Seconds go bye, but you finally find a hard box with a small hole in the middle. You scream inwardly with delight as you place the small key inside the hole, and turn it. You wait for the 'click' before you slowly start pressing the door open. To your amazement and excitement, the door begins to open without hesitation. You slowly and carefully slide out of your cell, your heart pounding like you never knew it could. You breathing is jagged and irregular as you start walking down a large hallway, barred cages lying on either side of it. You have gained an ounce of freedom, but if someone were to catch you, you know it would be the death of you. And you were not prepared to die. At least not yet. You continue to walk down the pathway until you reach a large set of stairs. A few torches light the way updwards, but beyond that the way is dark, and you can almost smell the aura of hell's creatures. You carefully place your foot on the first step, little by little creeping up the stairs. Your ears are alert and your nerves, on edge every step of the way. You finally reach the top of the stairs where a small wooden door stands, waiting for someone to open it. You take in a deep breath, as a shaky hand reaches for the door knob and carefully twists it. The door opens into more deafening silence and darkness, but somehow you do not mind. You find yourself walking into a gigantic room, filled with old and dusty furniture. The items are covered with black sheets, along with a plentiful supply of cobwebs. Disgusting. You think to yourself.
"Hurry!! I want that wench found!" You hear the familiar voice of Delia yell from beyond the room. Your blood freezes as you know it must be you that she speaks of. You look around frantically searching for a place to hide. Your eyes widen and your heart begins to pound as you hear the door start to creak open. You make a mad dash behind a couch just in the nick of time. You cover your mouth to hopefully muffle your breathing, as you listen to the sound of foosteps searching the room.
"I don't think she's here." You hear the voice of a man yell.
"Keep checking, just to be sure." Replies the gruff voice of another male. You nearly hold your breath as you hear one of the men begin to search near your current location. The questions swarm through your head if you should try to move, or if you should stay put. Should you try to get out of the way? Would they hear you?
"Got you!" Comes a soft voice from behind you as a large hand grips your arm firmly. You are jerked up to your feet painfully.
"You stupid wench, you think you can escape from us?!" You turn around to see a man, probably in his late thirties, with penetrating black eyes and messy dark brown hair. His face is cold and unnatractive, his voice gruff and demanding. His breath smells as if he has been drinking, and you think to yourself that Delia could have done much better as far as henchmen goes. He shakes your arm, which in turn shakes your body, fiercely.
"You ain't fully served your purpose yet, b****. You ain't going nowhere." The man tries to drag you towards the door, but you firmly plant your heels into the ground, refusing to go. There is no way on earth that you would willingly except defeat. You didn't except it from Devarion, you weren't excepting it from anyone else either.
"Get moving, b****!" The man says angrily as he roughly jerks you forwards. You regain your composure much quicker then the man does after throwing you around, and before you can even think your instincts take over and you quickly ball your hands into fists and knock the man squarely in the nose. Your other fist quickly follows with punching him in the stomach hard and brutally, while your knee comes up to hit him where you know it will hurt. The man easily crumbles to the ground, moaning in pain. You kick him hard one last time in the stomach, just to make sure he's down for the count.
"And I'm a woman not a dog, you idiot, get it right." You tell him, proudly yet spitefully, as your mind whirls with what you must do next. Your almost captor won't stay on the ground forever. Your eyes then squint through the darkness to see another door at the far end of the room. You pick up your feet and sprint towards the door, going faster and faster with every step. You stop momentarily to press your ear to the door, hoping to be able to hear if someone is beyond it. After a few seconds, you hear nothing but dead air, and the gentle whimper of the latest victom of your wrath. You quickly reach for the doorknob but as soon as you do you are suddenly grabbed by your forearm and thrown roughly backwards causing you to fall flat on your back. You lie there for a moment, stunned. You then quickly gather yourself and stumble to your feet. You find yourself face to face with a pair of deep, icy blue eyes. Your entire body freezes at the sight of them. You try to move your body but cannot. You feel as if an iron hand has gripped your entire body and will not let you loose. You can hardly see anything except for those haunting ice eyes. You can see the faint outline of a man, but nothing is clear. Only the entrancing gaze of his glare. You try to scream, but your mouth will not even open. Several seconds pass and nothing of the situation changes. You still stand there, motionless. Suddenly, you feel the hold over your body slowly start to melt away, like ice that turns to water.
"Watch where you step." Says a deep and seductive voice from infront of you. "It seems I will not have to save you after all. But do not think your battle won yet." All at once, the eyes infront of you, and the body behind them vanish, just as the grip on your body evaporates completely.

It takes you a couple mintues to completely register what just happened, but eventually you are capable of doing so. What the hell was that? You ask yourself, your eyes quickly scanning the room for any trace of the creature. Finding nothing you try to shake loose any fear or paranoia you may still have and reach for the doorknob again. You freeze momentarily, wondering why the creature chose to stop you at that particular moment. Should I not go here? You ask, desperatly hoping that someone else will answer. But much to your dismay, no one does. You take a deep breath, and deciding you have nowhere else to go you open the door. You walk carefully into a dark, eerie hallway. No torches are lit, and this alone is enough to frighten you slightly. You take a step forward to continue down the hallway, but are immidietly restricted by two strong hands gripping your arms on either side. Your eyes quickly scan the situation as you realize that a man has grabbed you on each side. Panic starts to overtake your body, knowing that you won't get out of this as easily as you got out of your previous situation. With no other options you suddenly decide to raise hell for all it's worth as you begin struggling feircly. Kicking every which way, hitting your captors several times, in places unknown to you. The men try desperatly to contain you, but find it quite diffacult with your flailing legs and body. Suddenly you scream as you become aware of a sharp blade slicing deep gashes across your legs horizontially. Your body starts to grow limps as you then feel a scratchy rope being tied too tightly across your ankles. Then another rope quickly secures your hands behind your back.
"You.....bastards." You mutter between breaths, the pain of your legs still shooting through your body.
"There's my favorite prisoner." Comes the awful voice of Delia, as you hear her footsteps begin to approach you. You would swear upon anything that she was the devil's bride.
"Get away from me." You growl theateningly. Delia laughs evily at your words.
"My dear, look at yourself. You can do NOTHING. You are the last one to be making threats."
"We found her wondering about trying to get out of here." Says a man's voice from behind you. He must be the one who cut me. You think bitterly, silently vowing your revenge upon him.
"What shall we do with her?" Asks the man on your left. All is silent for a moment as Delia's mind whirls with thoughts and ideas. You see her eyes shine, as you realize she has found the idea that she wanted.
"Take her to the lower chambers. You know what to do."