Vampire Eyes

Lost Love

It's so very nice of you to be here." Kalira tells Rashi, hate evident in her voice. "Broken any happy homes lately?" Rashi's face flushes a hot red.
"Why you little..." Rashi says through gritted teeth. Kalira's eyes flicker with amussement, knowing she has struck a nerve. It is becoming very evident that these two are bitter enemies, and you can not wait to know the reason why. Kalira has always seemed like the least likely of people to ever hold a grudge. You wonder to yourself what could have made someone as sweet as Kalira hate another person. "You dult! You are the one who took him away from me!" Rashi screams, angrily.
"ME?? Your the one who paraded into our lives and broke up something that was perfection at it's best!" Kalira shot back, her eyes flarring.
"Oh really?! Well, obviously it wasn't SOOO perfect, because if it was, he wouldn't have left you!" Rashi retorts.
"He didn't leave me! He never left me!" Kalira screams. At this point, you are almost tempted to put cotton in your ears because the conversation is getting so loud. "And you can bring yourself your own meals until you leave!!" Kalira shouts her last remark before hastily exiting the room, filled to the brim with anger.
"Humph!" Rashi snorts, as she turns away from you, swearing quietly under her breath. You let out a sigh as your eyes look towards the doorway that Kalira has just left through.
"Kalira, wait." You say, too softly for her to hear you, as you jog out the door all the way to Kalira's room. You softly knock on Kalira's door, but the only response you get is the sound of a vase, or some kind of glass object crashing against the door.
"GO AWAY!!!!" Kalira shouts, obviously not in the visitng mood. You shudder slightly, then carefully open the door, knowing you have just voluntarily walked into a war zone.
"Kalira, it's me....Elizabeth." You say, gently, trying not to poke the lion.
"What do you want?!" Kalira asks, angrily, her fists clenched, as she stares at you with terrifying eyes. You gulp down the lump in your throat as you look around the room. The curtains are torn from their rightful place, Kalira's desk is overturned, her sheets are a tangled mess, and anything and everything breakable.....is broken.
"Um...do you...wanna talk, or something? I hear sometimes when your angry....talking helps."
"I am NOT speaking to that hateful creature ever again!" Kalira shouts, her mouth tightening at the mere thought of it.
"Well, you can talk to me....instead." You say, a small, innocent smile creeping across your face. Kalira does not say anything for several minutes. Her eyes are fixed steadily on the floor, and you begin to wonder if she heard you at all. You are taken aback suddenly, when you see several tear drops crash to the floor, falling from Kalira's eyes. A sharp pain forms in your stomach as you walk over to the young cat-girl and hug her tightly. She throws her arms around you and cries onto your shoulder for what seems like hours. But you do not mind. You remember hundreds of times that you had wished you had, had a shoulder to cry on. Because of that, you could not help but want to give Kalira what you almost never had. Kalira slowly pulls away from you, and rubs her eyes dry. She sniffles several times, before she carefully walks over to her bed, and sits down in the middle of it's mess. You silently follow and join her.
"I will tell you what happened."

"As a child, I grew up in the country with my mother and father. I was rather lonely. For you see, creatures like me could not be seen by the eyes of humans like yourself. It would mean grave danger for myself...and for my family. One day, many, many years ago I was wondering through the woods in search of adventure. And would you believe, I truly did find it. I was picking flowers in a small, grassy patch of field that I had found. I was planning to bring them home to Mother, she deserved something nice after all. I had found a pink flower imparticular that I truly loved. It was those that I had chosen to gather. I went to reach for a most perfect pink flower when suddenly another hand picked it before I could. Though much to my surprise, the hand gave the flower back to me. My eyes rose from the flower to the figure that had picked the plant. I was met by a pair of gorgeous blue eyes. He had dark brown hair, his face covered in the most adorable freckles. What caught my attention the most, was the fact that he had the same exact type of ears that I did. I was so excited that I had found someone like myself that I nearly forgot about my flowers. I found out that his name was Quarren. His mother was a cat-girl, his father was a fox-boy. It was truly amazing, I had never met a mixed breed before. He was the sweetest thing I had ever met. From the day we met, we were inseperable. We played every day, and I shared with him all of my secrets. After my parents died, I met Master and he took me in. Quarren came with me, swearing that he would never leave me. It was shortly after I arrived at Master's castle that I recieved my very first kiss from Quarren. It was the most perfect kiss a girl could ever ask for." At this moment, Kalira's eyes glistened, her mind in a far off place. "It was nearly two years later that Quarren was taken away from me." Kalira's eyes grew cold and hateful at the words that she spoke next. "Rashi and her Master Namir came to visit Master Devarion. It was then that the evil creature set her sights upon my beloved. She flirted with him shamelessly. Batting her eyelashes and laughing at all the right moments. Rashi is absolutely beautiful. I know Quarren would have been a fool to have not at least fallen for her a little. But the thing is, in my heart I know that he never truly loved her, or showed her who he really was. He had a smile that he saved only for me. I know that he would not have shown it to anyone else. One evening, Rashi invited Quarren for a moonlit picnic dinner. I was so upset when I heard about it, I nearly wanted to rip Rashi's head off. Even more so when I discovered that Quarren had actually excepted the invitation. I yelled at him for nearly an hour after I heard about it. All the while Quarren just sat patiently, waiting for me to finish what I had to say. 'I love you, Kalira. I agreed to go tonight because I wanted to explain to Rashi that I'm really not interested.' Those were the exact words that he said. I have never felt like more of a fool in all my life. I asked most sincerely for forgivness for the harsh words I had said. Quarren, being the kind thing that he was, said that there was no need. After that conversation, I felt that all would be well with my life from that day forth. But that was not to be so. For you see, Quareen never returned that night." Kalira's lip quivered, her eyes filling with tears as she re-called that bitter moment. "A hunter found Quareen and Rashi that night. He killed my beloved in one shot. Straight to the heart. Rashi was shot in the leg, but she did recover. You would never know it now. But because of that awful Rashi, my Quarren is dead. I vowed that night that I would never.....ever forgive her for what she did."