Vampire Eyes

The Unexpected Guest

You lie awake in bed that night, unable to sleep. Fear and pain both consume your body, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You had bandaged your shoulder where the vampire had bitten you but it still ached terribly. To your relief you had your voice back, though at the moment, felt no need to use it. Thinking back to earlier that evening, after the vampire had disappeared, the rest was a blur. You had been dizzy and unable to focus the whole time. Mostly, you assumed, because of the overwhelming pain in your shoulder. It had dulled slightly, but not by much. Courtney had come back to the alley, four policemen behind her. You had sat up wearily and wanted to tell Courtney what had happened but could find no words. In the end you remained silent and the policemen had taken you home. They had asked for a description of the attacker, but you said your memory was hazy. Funny thing was, you had remembered him perfectly, but when the police asked, you could only remember a shadow. When you quickly had asked Courtney about it, she relayed the same thing. She remembered his face well, but when it came to describing him, she simply couldn't.
You toss and turn underneath your sheets desperatly wanting to fall asleep and rid yourself of this pain. You glance at your click which reads 1:00 A.M. You sigh heavily as you realize tomorrow is Saturday and you have work at nine o' clock in the morning. Maybe I'll call in sick. You think. Or say I have a family emergency You consider. Picking up your phone on your nightstand you dial your boss's cell number. You know she won't pick up, but you can leave a message at least. You tell her that you had a family emergency, and would be incapable of being there tomorrow. You would figure out a detailed lie tomorrow. You lay down once again on your pillow and somehow, even with your throbbing shoulder, manage to find some peace within the world of dreams.

When you awake the next morning a brilliant smile comes across your lips as you realize your shoulder no longer hurts! You jump out of bed and do a silly little dance, excited beyond belief that the pain is gone. At one point last night you had contemplated ripping your arm off because of the pain, but you knew that would not go over very well with your grandma. Knowing you would have no work today made the day only better.
"Perhaps what happened last night was not a horrible waste after all." You say aloud, eyeing the small kennel that contains your hurt kitten. You bend down and peer through the metal door at the curious little creature. She is laying on her side starring at you with big, beautiful eyes. You hadn't noticed it when you found the cat, be she had one blue eye and one green eye. You had seen that feature in dogs before, but this was the first cat that you had found it in. "All the cuter it makes you." You tell the kitten in a childish voice. The creature meows back in reply. You take the kitten out of the kennel and gently hold her in your hands. "I suppose I shall have to name you." You tell the kitten. "How about..."
"Elizabeth!" You hear your grandmother yell from beyond your door. You sigh slightly before placing the kitten on the ground. She doesn't seem to be moving around at all, so you decide to leave her out. Closing your bedroom door behind you, you find your grandmother in the kitchen.
"Yes?" You ask, semi-politely.
"What's this I hear about a family emergency?" Your grandmother asks, a no nonesence tone in her voice.
"oh." You reply uncertain of how to answer.
"I confirmed your little lie, simply because I don't want you to lose your job, but you better have an awfully good reason, otherwise I WILL tell your manager the truth." Your grandma says sternly. Whatever happened to grandma's who smile all the time and bake cookies? You think, chuckling in your head.
"Last night..." You begin, sorting through in your head how much of the truth you wish to reveal. "Courtney and I went to the movies as you know. Afterwards, Courtney got attacked by some creep." At this point your grandma gasps and her hand flies to her mouth. "We're okay!" You say hastily before your grandma's mouth floods with questions and concerns. "When I was trying to help Courtney out of the situation, the guy hit my really hard across the shoulder. Courtney and I beat him down, though he ran away as the police were arriving. But when I got home last night, my shoulder hurt really bad and I didn't think I would be able to go to work tomorrow, I felt so awful. But it's better today, doesn't hurt at all." You finally finish.
"Why didn't you just tell your manager the truth then?" You grandma asks, one eyebrow raised. You are about to speak but stop. Why hadn't you thought of that?
"I...I don't know." You respond thoughtfully. Your grandma sighs heavily then wraps her arms around you in a hug.
"I'm just glad you're alright." She tells you.
"Me, too." You reply.
"I'll make you some breakfast." Your grandma announces, getting some eggs out from the refrigerator.
"Thanks, I'll be right back." You tell her, as you head back to your bedroom to check on your kitten. You open your door, walk in, and then close it behind you. When your eyes lock on the spot you had left the kitten, you freeze. Stone still and barely breathing you look at the creature before you. An adorable young girl with white hair and white fluffy cat ears atop her head sits there. One of her legs is exposed and she has placed both her hands, which are glowing a mystic green, over her leg. She is wearing a pair of light, blue jeans and a white, longsleeved shirt with a fluffy colar neckline. Suddenly realizing that you have walked in the girl looks up at you.
"Hello!" She says smiling sweetly. You notice that she, like the kitten, has one green eye and one blue eye.
"What...Who...how...?" You stutter out, a million sentences trying to be said at once. The girl smiles innocently, then, withdrawing her hands from her leg, stands up.
"I thank you very much for taking me home with you, I would have hated to be out in the wild in the middle of the night with a hurt leg." She tells you.
"What?!" You ask astonished.
"I'm the little kitten you brough home, incase you haven't noticed." She says laughing.
"That kitten I brought home was orange, not white, and you can't possibly be her!"
"I change my appearence from what I am as a cat-girl then from what I am as a cat, because otherwise people get the hint too easily. But you couldn't have honestly seen a vampire last night and NOT believe that I also am real, could you?" She questions, knowing what your answer should be.
"That doesn't....how do you know I met a vampire?" You ask suspiciously.
"He marked you. Normally I would not have noticed, but the mark of my master, I always notice." She replies. (her expression like this: ^_^)
"Your.....master?" You question slowly.
"Yep. Though he doesn't always treat me like a slave or nothing. We're more like friends, though I still have to obey what he says. I guess he's your master, too now isn't he? By the way, my name is Kalira, and I'm rather fond of it, so please don't change it."
"What?" You question, startled.
"Well you see, my mother gave me that name and I...."
"I don't mean that, what the hell do you mean he's MY master? Nobody owns me!" You nearly scream.
"I'll have to disagree." Comes a dark, dangerously familiar voice.

EEEEK!!!

"Master!" Kalira cries excitedly. Your eyes widen in horror, your body not daring to turn around.
"I see you have met Elizabeth." The voice says.
"Yes master I have! She seems like a lovely girl!" Kalira responds brightly.
"I thought she might be." The voice says again. Suddenly you feel a pair of hands grab your waist, gently but forcefully, as you feel a pair of lips start gently kissing the side of your neck. You break away in fright, the vampire allowing you to leave his grasp. You stumble towards your bed then turn around rapidly. Your eyes fall upon the vampire from last night, fear gripping your heart. You also feel a sensation of anger at the man's slight smile painted on his face. The vampire steps forward and you take a step back.
"Don't you come near me!" You scream at him, your voice wavering slightly. The man places his foot back, then sighs.
"Normally I would kill a slave for speaking to me in such a way. But since I have not officialy put you under my care, I will let it go." He tells you, his eyes flashing a warning.
"I am no slave." You say, quietly yet forcefully.
"Oh no? I marked you didn't I?" He asks you, his eyebrow raised.
"What the hell does a stupid mark prove?" You ask threateningly. "And what the hell does a vampire need slaves for, can you do nothing yourself?" You throw at him, knowing you are pushing some dangerous limits. But to your surprise and relief, the vampire seems unaffected by your tone.
"We do not need slaves, but we simply choose to have them. It's nice to have a fresh supply of blood around constantly, or in some cases a woman in your bed. Yet still, it is simply enjoyable to have someone to run your errands and fetch you this and that." He explains. The parts about the bed and the blood making your skin crawl. "And as for why a mark is significant....I'll show you." He says smirking. Suddenly, pain shoots through your entire body, coming from your shoulder. You crumble to the floor, fighting not to scream. Your eyes grow moist as you feel tears rolling down your cheeks. The pain is utterly unbearable! Then, as suddenly as it had happened, it stopped. "That, my dear, is why it is significant. Plus, it will keep other vampires away from you." You stare up at him through pain filled eyes. "Keep an eye on her, Kalira. I'll be coming for her permanently very soon." The vampire says before suddenly disappearing
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy S***! That was weird wasn't it? Hope you liked this quiz, please message and rate, I love it when people do that and it makes the long hours I spend writing totally worth while. ^_^ Oh, and for something to look forward to, if you rate and message I will let ya'll find out the vampire's name in Chatper 3. o_<