Vampire Eyes

Playing His Games

You awake the next morning to a pounding headache. Am I dead? Are the first thoughts that enter your mind. You feel a small hand press itself on your forehead. Your eyes flutter open to see one green eye and one blue eye.
"Kalira?" You mutter.
"Yes, it's me. Your going to be just fine." Kalira repsonds comforting you. Your head starts to feel warm as your headache begins to fade away making your more able to focus on the world around. You start to sit up, expecting to feel immense pain but strangely enough feel no pain at all.
"I have healed you for the most part, though you may feel a little bit dizzy for a while."
"Thank you, Kalira. Now I can go kill that son of a bitch." You say, in a strained voice.
"Please, calm yourself, you are in no shape to fight even still. Master over reacted it is true. But please....forgive and forget and be more careful next time. Your wounds no longer remain so they have no voices to remind you of what happened." Kalira tells you softly.
"My wounds may not have voices, but my memory most certainly does." You reply, rubbing your head.
Kalira laughs slightly at your comment.
"I don't think Devarion was truly that mad at you, neccassarily." Kalira says thoughtfully. "Chances are something else angered him greatly and you were the last straw it took for him to snap a bit."
"Just a bit?" You reply, re-calling the continuous and painful bleeding that had occured.
"Well, maybe more then a bit but the point is, please don't completely hate him just yet."
"Too late, I already do." You mutter. Kalira sighs, knowing this conversation is getting her no where.
"Come now, why don't you change?" Kalira grabs you some clothes from the closet and hands them to you. You had not noticed it before, but you are in a much smaller bedroom with a small wooden bed and wool sheets. There is only a chair and small table in the corner complete with an unlighted candle and a small dresser in the opposite corner.
"Is this my room?" You ask Kalira as you put on a pair of light blue jeans and a crimson sweater.
"Yes, it is." Kalira responds, nodding her head. "Your room is on the same floor as mine, which coincidentally is on Devarion's floor as well. Your room's door has a water drop carved into it. Mine has a small cat." Kalira tells you laughing slightly. "Fitting isn't it?" Kalira asks you. You say nothing in response, somehow you just don't feel like answering.
"What are we to do today?" You ask absent mindedly.
"Well actually....you won't be doing much of anything today. Master has requested to see you." Your heart skips a beat as Kalira says those words. You had hoped you wouldn't have to see Devarion for a thousand more years.
"Why does he want to see me? So he can beat me somemore!?" You question angrily.
"Unless you anger him, most likely not." Kalira responds, unwilling to give you pity at the moment.
"Fine, I'm going." You tell her as you leave the room, shuffling your feet, feeling sorry for yourself. As you turn to head towards Devarion's bedroom you stop. You were growing fearful of him it was true. Though you had learned to defend yourself, thanks to Courtney, against Devarion all your teachings were useless. He was stronger and more powerful, not to mention he could use the seal on your shoulder in anyway he wished. You look back at your door wishing desperetly you could just go back in, or better yet, simply run away. You summon your courage however...somehow. You tell yourself that you refuse to be defeated by a man such as Devarion, and you refuse to give him the pleasure of knowing he has struck a note of fear inside of you. You walk to his door your chind held high. You knock your fist against his door three times and wait for a reply.
"Come in." You hear Devarion finally say. You open the door and walk in the room. Devarion is standing by the far wall looking out a small window.
"You asked for me....Master?" You stress the last word, mockingly. Devarion keeps his gaze on the outdoors for several more minutes, but then finally turns his eyes towards you.
"As you know, an old friend will be coming to visit soon. He announced that he is bringing a gift for me. A young girl, probably about your age. I want you and Kalira to prepare a room for her. Kalira will choose a suitable room, but I trust you will relay the message and help with any preparations." Devarion explains. Your hands roll into fists as your body tenses and your anger begins to well up inside you. You had always believed in woman's rights and now you believed in them more then ever. How dare anyone give another person a woman as a gift! This wasn't ancient China! The angry thoughts run through your head and you can not stop them. You open your mouth to start yelling at Devarion, but you suddenly clamp your mouth shut when you see a strange look in Devarin's eyes. Why would he tell me to relay a message to Kalira when he could have just as easily called for Kalira directly? You think. You mentally snap your fingers as you come to a realization. He was testing you. Just waiting for you to explode so that he could try to teach you another lesson. You smile smuggly. Is that the way he wants to play? Then bring it on! You challenge him, the darker side of you hoping that he was reading your mind at that moment.
"Yes, Master." You finally say aloud. You can't tell if you took Devarion off guard or not, but either way you are exceedingly proud of yourself for catching Devarion in his own little game. You give a little bow as you have seen Kalira do many times before. "Is that all?" You ask, with a false sense of sweetness.
"Yes, that is all." Devarion replies as he waves his hand towards the door signaling you may leave. You run down the hall like a giddy school girl. You had never met anyone that could outsmart you in a battle of wits as far as deviousness and hidden plots were conscerned and you were quite sure that Devarion would be no exception.
"Let the games begin." You say quietly as you open the door to your room and walk in.

You find Kalira still in your room. She is making your bed and straightening things up.
"Thanks." You tell Kalira.
"No problem." She says smiling. "So, what did Master want?"
"Not much. He wants us to fix up a room for a new girl that will be coming here. He said you would be able to pick the room just fine." You explain. Kalira looks at you cautiously.
"And you...agreed to this?" Kalira asks slowly. "You didn't start yelling?"
"Well, you see I was going to, but then I realized that was what he wanted me to do, so I didn't. He tried to trick me but I caught him." You tell Kalira triumphantly.
"But, by you not exploding all you did was say that he's got his point across and your willing to do what he says now." Kalira replies, one eye brow raised.
"That's what you think." You reply.
"I'm starting to seriously worry about you." Kalira tells you shaking her head. You laugh, knowing that she probably is right to worry about you.
"I'll go find a room. You stay put and don't do anything....stupid." You watch Kalira leave the room, then stand silently not sure of what to do. As you stare at the wall, you start to feel a little woozy for some reason. You don't understand why, but it's the weirdest feeling. Then you hear the voice of a young girl whispering your name. The whisper is coming from behind you, so you quickly turn around to see.....