Vampire Eyes

Rescue?

As you turn around you come face to face with a sight you least expected. Two little girls, probably only about three feet tall. One has long brown hair, the other blonde hair. They are a vision of childhood beauty in their angelic white gowns. You have to blink twice when you see something on their backs just to make sure it is really there. A pair of white, feather, wings sits on each of their backs. The blondes wings are fully extended while the brunettes wings remain coiled on her back.

"Greetings Elizabeth." Says the blonde, her voice dripping of sweetness like candy.

"Who are you?" You ask suspiciously, grabbing the candle from the table next to you, just incase you might need it for protection of some kind. The blonde laughs slightly at your action. Her laughter rings out with a joy like that of the wedding bells belonging to a small country chapel.

"Please do not fear us, Elizabeth. We are your friends. We are here to set you free." The blonde tells you.
"My name is Angelica. This is my sister and friend, Angelina." Angelica says, motioning towards the brunette. Well, if that isn't confusing I dont know what is. You think silently. It had always bugged you when mothers named their twins names that were so very similar sounding.

"Our great Mother has heard of your distress and wishes to set you free from this place, and of your captor Devarion." Angelina tells you, giving her sister a break from speaking. Your heart leaps at the thought of escaping this dreadful place. Leaving Devarion behind and going back to living your life. But then your heart drops as you think of Kalira. You were starting to love her like you would love a sister. Despite that however, you reason how incredible it would to be free right here, right now. Even before your five days of trial are up. As much as you love Kalira, you know you love your grandmother and Courtney more. You would do anything to see them again. You are about to respond to Angelinas request, but then another thought crosses your mind.

"He would find me." You say quietly.

"Dear, sweet Elizabeth, do you think our Mother has not factored that? We will make sure that he never touches you again." Angelica explains to you. You breathe in deeply, sifting through your thoughts. You then eye Angelica and Angelina suspiciously.

"This all seems awfully convenient. How do I not know you are lying to me? How do I know you are not really vampires in disguise, or that you do not serve some kind of evil creature?" You ask, your tone demanding an answer.

"Well firstly, we have no evidence to suggest we do not lie, you will simply have to trust us. Secondly," At this moment Angelica walks up to you and grabs your wrist lightly. "If I was a vampire I would not be able to touch you."

"Well a vampire has touched me before and he was not killed." You say, still suspicious.

"I do not know why that happened, but I can assure you, vampires can not disguise themselves as angels. It is just not possible. And as for your last question, why on earth would a vampire go through all the trouble of trying to capture you? No offence, but you are nothing special. Besides, Devarion is one of the most powerful vampires around. No other vampire would dare to take what he has stolen."

"Then why does this 'mother' of yours dare to do that?"

"Because she is brave and powerful. She can destroy Devarion. Where vampires power fail, hers begins." Angelica tells you, so much pride in her voice you would have thought she was speaking of a god. You think over Angelicas proposal in your head. In the back of your mind you can hear the faint sound of someone rapping on a door. Your eyes turn to your own door, but the sound does not seem to be coming from there. The more you try to focus on it, the farther away the sound seems until all you can hear is a light hum.

"So, what do you say?" Angelica asks, her eyes hopeful. You know that your answer should be yes. You know that you should have no hesitation. So, why did you? You couldnt understand it. Something in your gut was telling you no, but the rest of you was saying yes. You wrestle with yourself for a while until you finally conclude that your short stay with Devarion has made you too paranoid.

"Take me away from here." You finally say, your voice faking complete confidence. Angelica and Angelina smile broadly, their bright glow of happiness filling the room.

"Then come. You will never have to see this place again." Angelina says joining her sister, who is still close to you, as she takes one of your wrists, Angelica taking the other. Suddenly a strange feeling overwhelms you as the world in front of you starts to dim.

"Whats going on?" You whisper faintly.

"Shhh. Everything will be just fine." You hear the voice of a woman whisper. You try to shake loose the feeling but cant. Just as your world fades into complete darkness you hear another voice, a strangely familiar one yelling your name in the distance. But within seconds, all noises and all consciousness fades away from you.

After an eternity of silence, you start to feel something hard beneath you. Your eyes slowly peel open to complete darkness. You put your hand to your head, trying to shake your mind of the wooziness you are feeling. As your eyes slowly adjust to the darkness you start to make out shapes and figures, though there are few to make out. You stand up and feel around the place you are at. You conclude that the place you are in is made of stone. Three walls made of stone, and one made of metal bars. You assume there is a door somewhere along the wall of metal bars, but you can not find it without light. The area is small and very confined. As you walk around it, you start to feel like a criminal who had just been placed in a maximum security prison. As you are walking you suddenly trip over something on the ground. You just barely manage to catch yourself, preventing you from striking your head against the stones. You feel around for the object that made you trip and after some blind navigation, you finally succeed in finding it. It is rather short and thin. Its not hollow, you can tell and has two bumps on each end. You rack your brain for ideas of what it might be. Suddenly, you cast the object away from you, fleeing to the far side of the cell. Bones. You are nearly sure of it. A shadow catches your eyes from beyond the cell. Several shadows are moving towards the cell, a torch held in one of the figures hands. You watch carefully as they reach the cell. You try your best to make out their faces. The torch is being held by a young woman, probably in her late twenties. You can tell she is beautiful, but the distinctions of her face are left in shadow. The figure next to her, you can tell is a man, but beyond that you can tell nothing. You see the woman open up a door within the metal bar wall and walk in, closely followed by the man. Now the womans features are clearer to you. She has long black hair and strange eyes. They are a combination of black and yellow. Your heart stops completely as you stare at the man next to her. You could remember his face anywhere. He was the vampire who had tried to kill you in the park! Dear God, save me.... You think desperately.