Love In The Air

Chapter 7.

Not long after the wedding Sarah was back home in California and packing her life up to move to Dallas with Adam. It was never something that she predicted to happen although she was thrilled for it. Her friends and family were excited for her and they hoped it would be the best thing for her.

Within the end of the month, Sarah and a U-Haul filled with her belongings was pulling up to Adam's three bedroom, two bathroom home in the Dallas area. Adam had called a few teammates over to help unload her things so it would be faster with more muscle and they were all standing on the lawn ready to help.

“Hey love,” Adam said with a bright smile, opening his arms for Sarah to hug him. She grinned at him as she stepped down from the cab of the truck and ran straight into his awaiting arms. “I missed you,” he mumbled into her ear, hugging her to him tightly.

“I think I missed you more,” she whispered back. “By the way, why are your teammates staring at us?” Sarah asked with a giggle.

Adam pulled back from their embrace and laced their fingers together. “Well, they came to help us move you in, so it will be easier. You've met Steve and Sheldon right?”

“Unfortunately.”

Both men gave her small smirks, Steve Ott's a little wider than it should have been.

“Alright, lets get this started,”Adam announced trying to defuse the growing tension, removing himself from Sarah's side and making his way to the trailer to open it.

“Just so you know, you break or happen to lose anything that is Sharks related, you will not be playing in the first few games this season and that's a promise,” Sarah told them. Adam snickered behind her and mocked his teammates. “Oh please. Like you're going to get away with it either?”

“You love me too much to do anything about it,” he told her proudly with a grin.

“I love my team more,” she said. Then she turned and started to get things out of the truck.

The boys all whistled at her attitude.

“Man, how are you going to deal with that all season?” asked Ott.

“I'm not sure. But it sure will be fun to figure it out,” Adam told his friends with a grin as Sarah walked by them, carrying a box of her clothing. “Now get your asses in gear or I'm not providing you with pizza and beer as promised.”

“Yes sir,” Sheldon replied with a mock salute.

Later that evening, all of Sarah's things had been removed from the U-Haul and Adam went to return it with the guys. As Sarah was unpacking, she decided it would be a good time to call a few friends and tell them that the moving in had gone fine. Her mom was happy to hear from her and Vanessa had laughed loudly at an anecdote Sarah had told that involved her nearly bashing Steve Ott's head into the pavement for a comment he had made. With one of her friends not being able to sympathize with her on the level she wanted, she decided to call her other friend, the one who she knew would feel her pain.

“Hello,” a voice asked through a giggle on the other line. Sarah rolled her eyes at her friend.

“Tell Tazer to keep his hands to himself for a few minutes in order for you to console your dear friend who is in severe pain,” Sarah demanded.

“Okay, okay,” Kelsi said and then Sarah heard some shuffling on the other end. Sarah waited and continued folding some of her clothes and started putting them away in drawers Adam had cleared for her in the closet. “He's a good distance away so you have my undivided attention.”

“How do I not kill Ott?” she asked, getting right to the point.

Her friend laughed at her. “Oh. Well. That's not one I'm sure I can help you with. I know the level of hate for him goes beyond what we both feel towards Kaner so I really don't know that it will go away. It's just like when you're surrounded at NHL events with players from around the league. You just have to grin and bare it for your relationship, otherwise there will be far too many unnecessary arguments that will tear apart your relationship. Just put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Kill him with kindness, we all know that man has never seen an ounce of it a day in his life. And then when our boys play them, cheer extra loud when Dougie goes after him.”

“This is going to be a lot harder than I thought, isn't it?” Sarah asked with a sigh.

“Definitely, but it will be worth I and you know it will.”

“Why can't you just get Jonny to pull some strings so Adam will be back in Chicago, I'll have you by my side and a team full of guys that I don't exactly hate?”

Kelsi couldn't help but laugh at how dramatic her friend was being. “I wish he had that kind of pull around here!”

Sarah just grumbled under her breath. Moments later, she heard the door to the house open loudly and the guys clamor in loudly.

“Well, the calvary has arrived. I better go before they get into any of my things. I'm seeing you soon, right?” she asked.

“Of course! See ya soon!”

Sarah hung up the phone and made her way to the kitchen. They had brought with them some pizzas and a case of beer, fulfilling Adam's promise to his friends.

“Where are the paper plates, babe?” Sarah asked when she entered the kitchen to see the three guys eating their pizza straight from the box.

“Cabinet above the refrigerator,” he mumbled out through a mouth full of pizza. Sarah crinkled her nose at his apparent lack of manners.

“Your mother would be so ashamed,” she told him, hitting him upside his head as she swiped his untouched beer.

There was a collective round of “Oooooh's” from his friends.

Adam just mocked her behind her back, causing the guys to laugh.

“You better knock it off,” Sarah said, not even seeing what he had done.

“It's like she has eyes in the back of her head,” Ott whispered to Souray.

“She does,” Adam confirmed with a nod.

“This is going to be an interesting experience,” Sarah mumbled, leaning her head down on the countertop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! I haven't had Internet for the longest time. But good news is, it forced me to write! So I have the next chapter and a half written. But the next one you'll hate me for if I don't finish writing chapter nine and post it soon after. Also, I think once this story is over I'm done with writing.