Bad Kids

My parents tried...

I bit my lip and watched my daddy, pace back and forth, incensed. I loved to see him mad. I was waiting for him give me a chastisement for what I did this time. I snuck out again to spend time with the boy next door, Logan. He took me to a drive in and we got high and steamed up the windows. When I got home, daddy was awake and worried sick. It was when I was wiping off my makeup, that he opened my door again.

He got in my face and I stared into his, hazel-green eyes, “I’m sick of your behavior, Dakota. I can’t take anything away from you, it’s useless. You get it anyway! If you don’t stop, you’re gonna end up in jail!”

“I’m not hurting anyone daddy…” I said pokerfaced. He lost it.

“What! You’re hurting me. You’re hurting your mother! Ooh, you’re gonna get it bad when your mother gets home. Not only that, we have to try to get you into another school because you got expelled from the last one. What did you do to do that? Do you remember?” This was Matt’s way of trying to show me what I did wrong. It never works.

“I cussed out the principal.” He was stunned.

“…You what?”

“That’s right, I cussed him out. He just didn’t expel me for that; he expelled me because I got caught with a boy.” I watched my dad plop down in the chair in front of me and break down for the second time. He was such a cry baby.

“Why can’t you just be a good girl? The stuff you do hurts me, Kota.”

“…Sorry.”

“…It’s fine. Where did you sneak out to last night? Be honest.”

“I hung out with Logan.” He cringed.

“I don’t like that boy.”

“I know dad. We just saw a movie and he smoked a cig.”

“Oh….are you hungry?” I shook my head and got up.

“I’m going to bed.”

“Alright…Don’t get on that laptop.” I got up and went to the staircase that was the closest to my room and once I got to it, crawled into my bed.
I know my dad had a problem with the way I acted, it was written all over his face but that didn’t mean I was going to stop what I was doing. I got under my blankets and fell asleep, not thinking about how much trouble I got into today and ignored my dad crying to my mom about me over the phone.

*next morning

I woke up and rolled over towards me window to see my mom next to me, sleep in my bed. I just stared at her sleeping face, seeing the resemblance everyone talks about when they see us together. I feel like my mom liked me more than my dad did but my mom always thought I was getting an attitude with her and often sent me to my room. I mean, I didn’t think I was getting an attitude.

I sat up and yawned letting my hair, fall over my shoulders and rubbed the back of my neck. Getting up out of bed, I walked to the door to open it but found it locked. The door was locked from the outside so I couldn’t get out. My mom and I were stuck. I screech out in frustration, pulling and tugging, twisting and turning at the door knob, unable to open the door. Then I wake up my mom and for the first time, she doesn’t freak out and I realize then something’s wrong.

“Where’s dad?” I ask.

“…what?” I rolled my eyes at my mother’s state and shook my head, going to the bathroom and starting my shower. The shower I took was an hour long and I started to feel hungry and I knew I was in deep shit. After I brushed my teeth, I started straightening my hair to get my mind off how hungry I was but it didn’t work. It got to the point to where I used a bobby pin to pick the lock so I could go downstairs to eat something but my daddy was nowhere to be found neither was the maid and the security was extremely tight in the house. Tighter than usual; I was shoved back into my room and told to stay inside but not in the nicest way. This pissed me off; I got up, determined to know where my father was. I reopened the door and walked out into the hallway then went into my father’s study because I thought I saw his big head over the seat. I was wrong. I heard a man yell, “There she is!” and turned to see people coming towards me as if they were going to tackle me. Frightened, I ran into my father’s study and slammed the door shut behind me, locking the door and barricading it with two chairs and my dad’s maple wood table. I backed away and watched the door. I knew my plan wouldn’t stay for long.

I ran out to the balcony and looked down hearing my name and smiled once I saw Logan.

“What’s up with all these people? You’re not moving, are you?” I could see how worried he was just by the look on his face.

“I don’t know, Logan…just go home. I’ll tell you later, okay? I don’t want to get you in trouble.”

“Okay but I wanted to ask you something…” I opened my mouth to speak and ask his question with a smile but I soon found myself frowning, my vision blurred with tears when I heard a pop and looked down to see him on the ground, face down. Everything happened so fast and I just stared down at him. Someone just shot the only boy I cared about and I had no idea if he was going to make it or not. I began to sob uncontrollably until I heard the table fall and realized the people got in. I didn’t think, so I climbed on the railing of the balcony and prepared to jump until I felt someone grab me and pull me back. I was confused if it was an act of kindness or if this person wanted me to die by their hands.

I was sitting down in my father’s favorite chair, handcuffed with my father’s security guards sitting in front of me. It didn’t matter how many times I complained that my daddy would fire them, they only laughed at me. Maybe if I was unlucky, one of them would hit me. One of them, said too much though and it got pissed and heartbroken.

“….My dad paid you to kill me?” the guards mocked me. For the first time, I felt scared and alone. Like no one was there for me and not a single person loved me. Then I got mad. Even with my hands cuffed, I grabbed a martini glass and stabbed the lady next to me as much as I could then made a run for it. I got halfway down my stairs before I was grabbed again. Things started to get dangerous. These men had guns and I had a broken martini glass. I used my martini glass one last time and this time, killing a guard and then ran down the stairs and out of the front door.

I saw my friend from school coming up to me with a smile, waving at me. “Hey, you want to hang out today?” It doesn’t matter how many times I told her no and to get down, she didn’t understand until I shoved her onto the ground. I ran to the back of the house till I got to Logan, my heart beating fast and my nose bleeding horribly, I pushed him onto his back and smiled when he coughed. Although he was in horrible shape, he was still alive and that’s all that mattered. He smiles back at me weakly as I help him sit up. He outstretches at weak arm as if asking for me to hug him and I honor his request.

“Whatever your question was, it’s a yes.” He doesn’t say anything but I feel him smile. I feel him kiss my cheek lightly and I sigh.

My father’s guards only saw me, they didn’t see Logan. I heard so many pops at one time, they hurt my ears and I felt drops on my shoulder and cheek but I knew it wasn’t raining. I felt no pain, just a lot of pressure hitting me in different places. Logan fell and stopped breathing and I followed in his footsteps. The last thing I heard was my mother screaming and then my dad. My dad didn’t plan this. I was lied to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it. A little sad I know.
Comments please. Don't subscribe though.
This is the first and last chapter.