Status: Active :)

I'm No Superhero; Just Your Ordinary Freak

Catch Me (Off Guard)

"Change of plans."
I looked up but couldn't find Peril. "What do you mean?" I turned my head, scanning the room, but couldn't see him, and I was in no mood to hack his mind.
"Turn around." His breath brushed my neck and I had to suppress a shiver. "Hmm," strands of hair were brushed from my face.
When I jerked my hand in response, I was met by air.
"This is one trait I won't mind having."
I could hear the grin in his tone.
I shot up, eyes narrowed and mouth set. I was tired of his games.
"Oops," he said half-heartedly as a glass vase tumbled to the ground, shattering in a million directions. "Clumsy me," he whispered in my ear.
I didn't even bother swatting him away. Instead, I reached out a hand and dragged the shards of glass across the floor, until they surrounded me, each piece pointing outwards threateningly. I slowly raised the glass, offering Peril the option to back down - which I knew he wouldn't even consider.
I was met by silence. I mentally counted to three, dragging it out, until I couldn't hold back any longer.
The shards shot out like darts, cutting through the air and digging into the wall like bullets. I watched them all fly, waiting for the response I knew would come.
"Ah!" Peril cried, dropping like a stone. Slowly he became visible, sprawled out on the snow white rug. A patch of red blood was already forming. "What the hell, Amelia?" He glared up at me.
I just hovered over him. He should have known better.
Peril grimaced as he clutched the glass that wasn't embedded in his flesh, and quickly yanked it out. Instantaneously the wound began to heal.
"Never do that again," I instructed before turning on my heel.
In a second my back was pinned to the wall, and Peril's face was a millimetre from mine.
"You have anger issues," he breathed, not looking too calm himself.
"Must be a freak thing," I leaned forward, liking the way he unintentionally steered himself away from me.
"I think its just our way..." He trailed off, slowly ducking his head until his cold lips were placed against my neck. He dragged them, motionless, over my skin, before trailing them to the corner of my mouth. He gave a subtle kiss before moving to my ear. "Of showing affection."
I pressed myself against the wall, moving further away from him. I slowly twisted my head until my lips were placed against his ear. I heard his pulse increase in anticipation. "Not quite," I breathed.
In a second I was making my way across the room to where my phone sat.
I had a text from Billy.

Be at the party tonight.

I eyed Peril for a moment, taking in his strong stature as he leaned against the wall, watching me; waiting for what I'd say next.
I looked him up and down. "Throw out the rug," I turned away, not wanting to look at him anymore. "You got blood all over it."
"Stop doing that."
I stopped, mid-step. "Doing what?" I didn't turn.
"Avoiding me."
I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Peril, because you're ideal company."
I felt the tiniest gust of wind - one he didn't try to disguise - and his breath of my neck as he spoke. "We were designed for each other." He brushed my hair away from my shoulder and neck, and slowly placed one kiss on the warm surface, creating a contrast we both felt.
"You really believe in all of that stuff?" My tone was unintentionally hard, which told him my guard was up.
"Of course." He traced patterns against my skin, slowly creeping forward.
"This is the real world," I shook my head, trying to shake off the sensation of his icy fingers on my neck.
"And?" He dragged the tip of his nose up my neck, letting his warm breath heat the cold trail it created.
"And a test tube doesn't decide your future," I tried to keep my tone steady, but felt my will crumble.
"I'm not relying on test tubes."
"What are you relying on?" I finally realised how much of an idiot I must have looked like; completely rigid and unmoving.
"This," he spun me around, and I admit I let him. He planted his mouth on mine, firm and confident.
It was a long moment, but I forced myself to stumble backwards, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted. I forced my breath to a normal rate and spoke.
"I have to go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay - who do you want Amelia to end up with? Just curious, because I really love Peril haha but I have other plans for Amelia (kind of) but you'll see :)
feedback = updates!
Love you :)