Status: Active :)

I'm No Superhero; Just Your Ordinary Freak

Let The Walls Break Down

"So," Peril spoke, letting out a mouthful of smoke. "What are our evening plans?"

"Our?" I cocked an eyebrow and reached for his cigarette, liking the way he tilted his head when he spoke. He looked so much more innocent then we both knew he was, like a school boy with a hand grenade.

He handed it to me with a humoured smile. "I thought we were going to assassinate someone."

I laughed before taking a drag and blowing out a smoke ring, watching it spread until it had diffused into the air completely. "Why did we start smoking again?" I rubbed my head, leaning further into the black couch and taking a sip of my wine.

Peril followed my example and sunk in next to me, taking a swig from the wine bottle in his hand. "Because we realised our lungs would heel, regardless of what we inhaled."

I nodded my head slowly, taking one last drag and then handing the cigarette back. I let the smoke sit in my lungs until they burned. "Maybe." I didn't really care.

Peril laughed, grinding the cigarette into the dark coffee table until it sizzled out. "Maybe we just like taking advantage of our invincibility."

I pondered what he said. "Maybe," I agreed. I took a gulp of my wine, enjoying the stillness of the room. I didn't really care about the outcome of the conversation, only what was to come from my new alliance.

Peril stared at me for a moment, taking in my changed appearance, obviously unsure of his opinion of it. "I've never seen you like this." He reached out and brushed a few strands of my dark hair out of my eyes. "You seem so... Fragile."

I couldn't help the burst of laughter that erupted through me. "Fragile?" I leaned forward, daring Peril to test my fragility.

"Yes. Like you could shatter if I wasn't careful."

"Hmm," I smirked before finishing my wine. "Appearances can be deceiving," I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "We know that better than anyone."

"Agreed," Peril lifted the wine bottle to his lips slowly. "Is this your new look though?" I could hear the hidden assumptions in his tone.

I rolled my eyes, dragging my hand across my face to brush away my hair. "Of course not. I still need to get my own clothes. My stuff is at my place."

Peril moved the bottle from his lips, his hand wrapped around its neck. He smiled wickedly. "We should head to your place then." He always made sexual innuendos, but I always knew he was joking, although he would never object to me taking him up on his offers.

I shook my head, already leaning forward and getting ready to sit up. "You're not trusted yet." As I stood I straightened out my faded jeans and purple shirt. "I'm gonna shift there. You follow, our alliance is over," I spoke with authority. "And you can look forward to a lost war."

Peril eyed me mischievously but sunk into the couch, taking a long sip from the emptying wine bottle.

I considered shifting somewhere else before heading home, but figured Peril wasn't dumb enough to follow.
"So, who are we after tonight?" I swung my legs back and forth, looking down at the busy street below us. We were perched on some building, buried deep in the busy city of New York. I had returned from my home in Canada to my new one, only to find an empty bottle of wine and an address.

"We're not after anyone," Peril dragged his eyes over my new outfit lazily. We were both creatures of the night; invisible in the dark. "We're just doing a little investigating."

I arched as eyebrow, letting the cool air brush over my face as I looked at Peril. "For our unknown mission?" I asked, half sarcastic, half serious.

Peril's red eyes looked deadly in the black of the night as he nodded his head. "There's a lot you still need to learn, Amelia." He remained standing where he was which told me we hadn't reached our destination yet. That, and the way his shoulders were squared. He looked like he was preparing for a battle.

I stood up and made my way towards him. "Then you better start talking."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler, because the next chapter is where stuff will actually happen haha but comments would be appreciated x