Status: Active :)

I'm No Superhero; Just Your Ordinary Freak

There's Room For Two

"There's a party."
I looked up from my locker to see someone leaning against Chris', trying his best to look suave and nonchalant. "And?" I wanted the creep gone as soon as possible.
"And I thought, maybe I could take your fine ass to it," he raked his eyes over my body, as if it were a compliment.
I raised an eyebrow, trying to work out who told him he could be the next Kevin Federline. "No thanks." I shut my locker and made my way to the school exit.
Billy and Rachel were making it very hard for me to get close to Chris. All of his extra curriculums were done privately, he didn't take part in gym, and he was usually out of school an hour before me. There's only so much a girl can do between lessons and at lunch.
"Change of plans, sweetheart," Peril purred into my mind. I could hear the smile in his tone. "Meet me at your place. Now."
I shook my head, smiling slightly. Same Peril. I wondered what we'd be getting up to, and whose ass my foot would be up.
"They're breeding them in your school," were the words that hit me as I landed in my kitchen.
"Breeding what?" I gave Peril a quizical look.
He was dressed in black again, but sporting a red necklace that he removed from around his neck. "Here's the school key. Let's go." He started marching to the front door.
"Uh, wait," I said as I opened the fridge. "I just got out of that dump. Give me some time to sweat out all the bitchiness."
Peril gave me a once-over before making his way to the couch. "When does the school empty?"
I shrugged. "Night, I guess. No meetings or anything today, so it should be okay for us to break in."
Peril nodded, looking stern and deep in thought.
"What are they breeding?" I took a bite of my cheese and syrup sandwich, not too sure what to make of scenario unfolding before me.
Peril's eyes became clouded with too many emotions to recognise. "What do you think?" His eyes met mine, and it dawned on me.
"Why the school?" I put my food down, my appetite decreasing rapidly.
"Breeding, Ame, not grooming."
I heaved a sigh of relief. "I wouldn't put it past those monsters."
The air was thick with morbid silence. The Zoo was breeding monsters, just like Peril and I, right beneath the world's noses. Not only was that a threat to Peril and I in terms of the upcoming war (that neither of us knew anything about), but it was a threat to me. There would be a lot of collateral damage if I wasn't careful. The people that were working at the school were probably the best; sent to perfect the mutation. Meaning, in the bigger picture, they were there to recreate the Originals. So they would be sure to recognise Peril and I, and I could not afford to be trapped under someone else's roof, day in and day out.
"Why did you sound so excited on the phone?" I looked up from my steaming coffee, after a long pause of no-one speaking.
Peril smirked, obviously reminiscing his plans. "I was hoping to pay Billy and Rachel a visit. Find out what they know, you know."
I shook my head, already knowing it was a bad plan. "You know those two are as high-tech as they get. They'll know we're coming before we're even there. Plus, I'm babysitting their kid, remember?"
Peril smiled, putting on his convincing act. "We don't have to be secretive about it."
I raised an eyebrow. My mouth opened, but I quickly shut it before settling on, "you're an idiot." I took a gulp of my coffee, letting it scorch my tongue. "What are we going to do? Rock up on their doorstep and ask to be let in? They're not that stupid."
"Bu-"
"Plus, they already told me they're not sharing information with me, unless its crucial to 'my job,'" I cut him off, making my way to my room, knowing he wouldn't follow. "So we need a better plan," I spoke normally, knowing he could still hear me.
I unbuttoned and pulled off my black waist coat, tossing it into the laundry basket. I pulled off my red converse before taking off my red ATL tee, and my grey skinnies. I had dressed to impress that day.
"Then what do we do?" Peril asked, pacing the living room impatiently.
"When do we ever have a plan?" I pulled on a black tank top, a leather jacket, black jeans and my leather boots. Call it boring, I call it practical.
"When we need to make one, like right now."
I made my way across the house, into the living room. "Then we wait until nightfall, sneak into the school, and play detective."
Peril eyed my new choice of clothing aprovingly. "Nice," he nodded. "And how do we not get caught?"
I smiled wickedly before making my way to the guest bathroom in the entrance hall. "I met this kid in Russia," I poked a finger into my eye, letting the pad of it brush over my contact lens and pull if out. "He had a killer right hook." I began removing my second contact. "He also had this trick where he could turn just about anything transparent."
I stared at my reflection, taking in my appearance. It didn't matter how I dressed, I was always the same girl with porcelain, sharp features, and eyes beautiful enough to terrify. "Fireworks," Peril had once called them, and I guess he was right. It was like an explosion of colours, bright and marvellous, unlike what was waiting beneath the surface.
"How'd you find out?" Peril broke me out of train of thought.
I shook my head, clearing it, before chuckling at the memory. "Antoni," I made my way back to Peril and leaned against the doorway, smiling at the memory. "His ability was pretty brilliant."
Peril raised an eyebrow at my admiration.
I shook my head, biting my lower lip to keep from smiling. "I was trapped in this huge villa, and he was working with Jamie," I referred to a mutual enemy of both me and Peril. "And, instead of joining my game of hide and seek, he took matters into his own hands."
Peril leaned forward, not bothering to disguise his interest.
"He literally placed his hand in the centre of the house, palm down on the tiles, and everything vanished before my eyes. It was still there, I just couldn't see it," I shook my head in disbelief. "It screwed me, because I was in plain site, but totally worth it," I grinned broadly, and Peril returned it as he worked out what I was getting at. "Look."
I placed my hand against the wall, and, slowly each layer began to fade, until we were both staring at a gaping hole.
"Think our bodies can handle it?"
I took a step towards Peril, smirking tauntingly. I placed a hand on his chest and raised my eyebrows when he flexed. "Let's take a test run."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not updating until I get comments, sorry :) but I'm feeling really discouraged