Tainted Innocence

2 years before the truth

2 years ago( before the truth)-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The water slashes in the water vase above my head. My charge always loved a cold bath in the morning and today I would beat him to the punch. He always got up at 6:00 a.m. he asked for water for his bath drawn at 6:05, at the moment it is 5:50 a.m. I am finally going to beat him! I got the pow-are! I will never understand why he loves his cold bath, but he does and it is my job to serve him happily so far be it from me to judge. It really is troublesom trying to get the water so early because it is always very cold in the morning during the winter time,

I rush into the warm castle and hurried past the other maids that were up to do their duties. I'm surprised I haven't ran into Kay yet. Kay always seems to be up before me. As long as i can remember she has always been an early riser always saying that she needs little sleep.I wonder where she is... I pass The crown prince's room where strange noises at the other side of the door. It takes me a bit, but to my surprise I reconize the vioce that keeps scream "MORE!" is Kay. What on earth is she doing in there. I should check on her...no, no it is none of my biusness. I shake my head trying to get Kay's screaming out of my head so i am not tempeted to go check on her because it is none of my buisness or at least thats what I'm telling myself.

I rush down the hall trying to keep on task. As i approach my charge's room a girl about a year older than I steps out of it, closing the door quietly behind her. I give her a small smile in greeting. Suddenly her eyes gets wide and she looks scarily desperate, like a man begging to not be beheaded. "You! You have to help me!" she whispers in a harsh scared voice. I can only star at her with questioning eyes. I really don't understand what is going on.

"I need to get away from here. I need to get home!" she cried in a whisper.

"I don't understand..." I say confufused by her wish to defy the people who cared enough to feed her and call to her in the night.

"PLEASE JUST TRY TO HELP ME!" she begs while shaking me so hard my teeth are rattleing.When she lets go of me I fall and the vase brakes spilling water all over my tuninc and feet. Due to the pure shock of it i give an ear piercing scream.

As soon as I start screaming the door slams open and the young prince stands in the door way looking.... well.... pissed. "Look what you have done!" he roars. I can't tell if he is talking to me or the girl backing away from me. "I'm sorry, I'll clean this up right away!" I say quickly with my eyes down, but in a position so I can still see his face.

"Do not move." the prince hisses at me and I freeze. "Belle, you are such a stupid whore. I have seen smarter of your kind and none have ever disgraced me so much before. That girl on the floor beside you bleeding and now all wet is my PERSONAL servant. If not being called upon in the night so you can stay in a nice place once in a while is something you don't want, then you will no longer get it. You can help the other girls in the fields." he hisses. The girl looks from me to the prince in a shocked expression.

"No! Please I don't mind. Please don't make me work the fields." she starts to sob as she falls to her knees in front of him.

"You WILL work the fields if not for your words, then for the fact you made my personal servant be harmed." he snarls. I now have the girl's full attention. "But she only cut herself...she is hurt almost everywhere isn't she? I suppose I should go to the chief." she says standing with her head down. Master nods in approval.

The girl runs down the hall quickly, leaving me and my master alone in the cold stone hallway. "I will clean this up." I say trying to get up again, but i find that it really hurts to try. He sighs and comes over to me, bending to my level

."You are in pain, stop trying to get up." he ordered in a soft firm voice. I freeze where I am for two reasons. One it was an order and two moving hurt like heck to move. He looks at me with his violet eyes that seeme to see every inch of me. "You had the water here early..." he murmurs still looking at me trying to take in all of the blood and glass that stick to me.

"I wanted to beat you to the punch today... I got board and needed something to do, so I decided to try to beat you." I whisperlooking away from his intense gaze. I looked away from the emotion in his eyes that I don't understand.

After I explain his face gettsa confused smile on it. "You wanted to beat me to the punch... because you had nothing else to do." he repeats in a slow deliberate way as if trying to make sense of my reasoning.

"Actually, to be perfectly honest, I have been attempting it for about a month now, but every time I misjudged the time." I explain still wiggling around trying to get up, but his gaze tells me to stay still.

"That's why you always seemed to be awake before i wake up, because most of the servants don't have to wake at the time I do." he says a smile creeping into his voice. I nod not sure of wether to be embarrassed or proud. Either way a light blush lightly makes it's way onto my pale face. "You can be very entertaining, you know. Though I'm sorry you got hurt by that... girl." he says trying to chose his words wisely. He always seems so careful with his words around me, It is very rare i hear harsh or crude words from him.

"That girl.... Belle.... what is she?" I ask hoping that i didn't step to far out of my place.

"She is an entertainer... she comes to please me." he says uncomfortably.

"So she tells you jokes or juggles, like a jester?" I ask still confused by the wording he had thrown at the girl. He gives me a small smile and shakes his head. "Shayla, how are old are you now?" he asked softly and sounded as though he knew the answer.

" I believe I'm fourteen now, sire." I say trying to remember what Kay had told me on what she called my "birthday" I still do not understand the concept. "Does that girl do what Kay was doing this morning?" the prince looks at me funny for a minuet with a raised eyebrow.. "Well, this morning as I went past the crowned prince's room i heard weird noises and Kay was shouting 'More!' I don't understand what was or is going on." I say still hoping that by having this conversation, Iam not over stepping my place.

His mouth drops at my words making me cringe preparing myself for the punishment to come. The prince's laughter startled me. "You really are so young. I always seem to forget that about you. I always forget how innocent you are!" he says between laughing fits. "No, no, I'm pretty sure this Kay is not like Belle. She is Drake's personal servant not a... person for pleasure. A JESTER!" this brings him into another fit of laughter.After a few moments his laughing fit is over. "Don't worry about that kind of stuff. You'll be able to find out what all that is when your older. For now just try to beat me and stay naive, innocence doesn't suit everyone, but it really does add to your charm." he says ruffling my hair. I nod in agreement.

"Master, I really need to clean this mess up." I say trying to get up again. He sighs in exasperation.

"No, I really need to clean YOU up." he says picking up so I am cradled against his chest. I wiggled some more this wasn't right. "But-" I start to protest, but he silences me with a shake of his his head. "Your my personal servant, my responsibility. Let me take care of you." he says as he steps into his room,shutting the door behind us with his foot.

"But, I'm supposed to take care of YOU. You my MASTER." i say confused by all of this. He rolls his eyes and said nothing.

He walks over into his bathroom and saets me onto his large sink. "Master, really, this isn't necessary and there is water and blood all over the place in the hall." I say nervously.

"Fine, let me help with that." he says walking out of the bathroom. Before he left the bathroom completely he gives me a stern look that tells me to stay where I am. This is not right! He shouldn't be doing this. I fidget on the ledge while i listen to Master Hunter shout orders at other slaves. A few minuets later he comes back in holding a wet cloth. "Hold still this might hurt a bit." he warns. He places the cloth down on the sink and grabs the bottom of my tunic and pulls making it tear up all the way to my bust. My small blush gets bigger and I close my legs making me cry out in pain.

He separates my legs gently in order to see my inner thigh. "That glass got you good huh." he said picking up some tweezers from the medicine cabinet.

"Wait-" I start, but I was cut off by pain.

"Sorry." he mutters and does not stop picking out the shards from my legs quickly. After about two minuets he is finished and drops the tweezers into the sink and picks up the rag. "Here we go.." he says whipeing my bloody cheeks, arms, hands, legs, and feet. Once he is done he picks me back up again hushing me as I struggled. He drops me on his bed and I lay there confused. "Here now. Stay in this spot all day, I'll let some of the girls know your here. You look pretty bad, so just lay here and sleep and I'll be back shortly." he explains moving me so he can pull up the covers and tuck me in. The last thing I feel is something warm and wet on my forehead.