They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

New Job

I sat at my desk in the crappy school I now worked at in New Jersey. After many years of trying to figure out what I wanted to be, I had ended up with teaching. All of the other jobs I’d had just hadn’t kept me interested and I usually ended up quitting. I was hoping that this would be it. A job I could stick with. I was 29 and needed to find a stable job. So I was now a high school English teacher.

Today was the first day of school. I sat at my desk, watching unfamiliar faces walk into my classroom, looking happy and talking excitedly to each other. I saw couples, happy and giving each other quick kisses in the hopes they wouldn’t be seen.

Love. I hated it. I had been in love once. But it didn’t work out. The guy hadn’t wanted to clean up his act, so I left him. He would rather use drugs and get drunk. I had loved him, still loved him actually. But he obviously didn’t love me enough to end his antics. From what I knew now, he was clean and now happily married. Oh, and did I mention he was in a band too. So, he was famous and happy, and I was teaching and miserable. I could’ve been happy, but no.

I guess I shouldn’t brood over it. I could have tried harder to get him to give up the alcohol and drugs. But I don’t think he loved me so much that he’d give up anything for me. I sighed.

I heard the bell ring and the students quickly got seated at a desk. I stood up. I had to move on. I had to forget about Gerard Way, no matter how hard it would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short first chapter. :P Hope it sounds good. Feedback?
~Sally