They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

Lying on the Floor

I woke up a few hours later, still feeling terrible. I started to get out of bed with intentions to get something to eat or just some more water. I got up really slowly, hoping that the room wouldn’t spin this time. I got up, thankfully without the spinning of my room, but I was now wobbly. I held on to whatever I could on my way to my bedroom and when I got out into the hallway, I leaned against the wall a little bit so I wouldn’t fall as I walked to the stairs. I held tightly onto the railing as I walked slowly down the stairs. I safely reached the bottom. I felt a little sturdier now, so I decided to try and walk to the kitchen on my own. I took small steps, successfully making it halfway there. I took another step, and now my luck ran out. I tripped over my own feet and started to fall to the floor. I closed my eyes in anticipation of hitting the floor, when I was suddenly stopped from landing by two arms that had wrapped themselves around my waist.

“Are you ok?” I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Gerard. What was he doing here? He stood me back up and unwrapped his arms from my waist. I placed my hand on his shoulder, steadying myself. “Allie?”

“I’m--” I started, but then I felt what I had been dreading. I felt instantly nauseated and I instantly clapped my free hand over my mouth and turned and ran directly to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet in time where I emptied the contents of my stomach. I heard Gerard come into the bathroom and hold my hair out of my face, as I continued to vomit what little I had in my stomach, which was basically nothing, seeing as I hadn’t yet eaten anything. My eyes were watering from the pain of my stomach acid burning my throat. Thankfully, the puking ended quickly. I sat there on the floor panting, as Gerard rubbed my back. I tried getting up but Gerard had to help me. I carefully went over to the sink and turned on the cold water. I rinsed out my mouth with the water.

“Let’s get you back up to your bed,” said Gerard. I nodded my head and let Gerard lead me to the stairs. I felt weak and when we stopped in front of the stairs, I groaned. Gerard looked at me and then at the stairs, trying to decide something. Then, without warning, Gerard carefully picked me up and carried me bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my forehead in the crook of his neck as he started up the stairs. He carried me to my room and carefully laid me in my bed. I felt cold again so I pulled the blankets over me. Gerard pushed my hair out of my face and stared down at me. “You need anything?”

“Could you get me some water?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said. He turned to get me my water.

“Gerard?” I said. He stopped and turned back around to look at me. “Why didn’t you go with the guys?”

“I said I’d watch you,” he said.
“You should have gone,” I said.

“If I had, you’d probably be laying on the floor downstairs,” he said. “Besides, I didn’t really want to go anyway.”

He was right; I probably would be lying on the floor downstairs right now if he hadn’t been here. He turned again to go get my water.

“Gerard?” I said again. He was at my door now. He turned to face me again.

“What?” he asked.

“Thank you,” I said. Gerard gave me a small smile.

“You’re welcome,” said Gerard. I gave Gerard a weak smile.

“Now go get my water,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't see that coming, did you? Maybe you did :P But I don't know. Thanks to everyone who has commented and subscribed! ^_^ Feedback?
~Sally