They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

"I love you."

The next morning, I was awoken by my alarm clock. I was in my own bed too. After turning off my alarm clock, I realized Mikey was in my bed. I started to get out of bed quietly but was quickly pulled back down onto the bed by Mikey.

“Mikey,” I whined. “I have to get up and go to work.”

Mikey chuckled and let go of me. I rolled over on the bed so I was facing him.

“I’ll see you this afternoon, ok?” I said.

“Yeah,” said Mikey. I hesitated before getting off the bed, looking in Mikey’s eyes. There was love there. What kind of love, I didn’t know. I remembered how Gerard’s eyes had looked last night. The love in Mikey’s eyes was different. Mikey’s eyes closed and I got out of bed carefully.

-------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home from work, I was surprised to see Gerard standing right inside the front door. He looked kind of nervous.

“Are you ok, Gerard?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said. I saw Mikey come into the hallway. I smiled at him and then returned my attention back to Gerard who had begun to speak again. “Can I talk to you?”

“Yeah,” I said. Gerard looked behind him at Mikey who was watching us with curiosity. Gerard opened the front door and stepped out on the porch. I followed. “What did you want to talk about?”

“I’m not sure how else to tell you this,” said Gerard. “I guess I’ll just spit it out. I still love you, Allie.”

I stayed silent for a moment.

“What?” I said. It was the moment I had been waiting for but I didn’t know what to say. I could tell him I love him, but I’m with Mikey. Besides, Gerard ruined his chances with me when he was an alcoholic and drug addict.

“I didn’t realize it until I came here and saw you again,” he said. I just stood there. I didn’t know what to say. We stood there for a moment, until Gerard realized I wasn’t going to say anything. He stepped around me and went inside the house. I watched him open the door and I saw Mikey sitting there. Gerard looked at Mikey before walking inside.

“You heard?” I asked Mikey when Gerard was gone. Mikey nodded his head. “Don’t be mad at him, please. He can’t help how he feels.”

“I know,” he said. He turned around and went back into the house. I sat on the top step on my porch to think about what had just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm releasing information on my new story! XD lol It is going to be a Jeph Howard fanfic, requested by xxBellaxMuertexx. It doesn't have a title yet. I still have to figure that out. Right now I have the Prologue and first chapter written. ^_^ I don't know when I'm gonna post it. I think I'm going to get it started and moving good before I post it. I don't know how many more chapters it will take to get there, but I can't wait to post it! :D I'll keep you posted though, for those that are interested ; ) Thanks.
~Sally